PDA

View Full Version : Like a bad penny

Gnam
09-26-05, 04:28 PM
Fabrizio "Fab" del Monte is reportedly in at HVM. Wouldn't it be cheaper to not run the car at all?

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar/19830/

cameraman
09-26-05, 04:32 PM
The powers that be need to hook HVM up with some real sponsors so the ******** ends. :thumdown:

Dr. Corkski
09-26-05, 05:54 PM
Keith Wiggins is gonna outdo his Pacific days.

rabbit
09-26-05, 06:27 PM
"BRING ME THE HEAD OF FABRIZIO DEL MONTE!!"

I don't remember who told that story, but a smile comes to my face every time I hear FDM's name. I vote we keep him around and put "Drop the flag" on the sidepods.

NismoZ
09-26-05, 06:29 PM
Would you fans RATHER he run no car at all? :confused:

Wabbit
09-26-05, 07:02 PM
Great, he'll be playing Katsup all year.

JT265
09-26-05, 09:30 PM

I don't remember who told that story, but a smile comes to my face every time I hear FDM's name. I vote we keep him around and put "Drop the flag" on the sidepods.

Me. And it brings a smile to my face too. Here's to 'bird! :thumbup:

Methanolandbrats
09-26-05, 09:40 PM
Would you fans RATHER he run no car at all? :confused:Yes, it won't be running that long anyway. Just park it before the race and save a lengthy yellow.

Jervis Tetch 1
09-26-05, 09:55 PM
Keith Wiggins is gonna outdo his Pacific days.VERY astute comment :thumbup:

cart7
09-26-05, 10:02 PM
Me. And it brings a smile to my face too. Here's to 'bird! :thumbup:

:laugh: That was a good one.

theunions
09-27-05, 05:32 PM
It's now official. :thumdown:

Dr. Corkski
09-27-05, 06:28 PM
It's now official. :thumdown:I can't wait til HVM show up at Long Beach next year with Lavaggi and Deletraz as their drivers. :gomer:

Wally
09-27-05, 06:51 PM
.... :shakehead ......

formulaben
09-28-05, 03:02 PM
I can't wait til HVM show up at Long Beach next year with Lavaggi and Deletraz as their drivers. :gomer:

Ahh, ol Johnny Carwash. :laugh:

formulaben
09-28-05, 03:03 PM

Can someone enlighten me about this story?

FRANKY
09-28-05, 03:44 PM
Can someone enlighten me about this story?

Told in a thread entitled "Best stories and posts about 'Bird...."

Problem is, how do you nail down just one episode with John?

Having done the live deal at Long Beach just two weeks ago, the group was sitting in the lobby of the Hyatt having an ale. A lot of racing folk stopped by to say hi, and John could hold court with anyone (and school them as well, regardless of their station in the racing world).

Anyway, after several beers, the group is just sitting there when a large group of suits passes by. John, beer in hand, jumps up from the table and in the loudest voice imaginable shouts......

BRING ME THE HEAD OF FABRIZIO DEL MONTE!!!

and you coulda heard a pin drop. :thumbup: John.

Fio1
09-28-05, 05:04 PM
what the *&^%? where did you guys come up with del monte being the italian male version of milka dunno?

cameraman
09-28-05, 05:33 PM
He might do well given that he will actually run some test sessions next week. The ride with Jensen was a joke but it was the team that was the joke far more than it was the driver. He has won his share of F3000 races so the potential is there.

I am pissed off about the financial chaos that has overtaken HVM not about Del Monte driving. He could turn out to be a decent driver for all anyone knows.

Gnam
09-28-05, 06:11 PM
PT should slip him some bucks to punt Seabass off the track. War by proxy. ;)

formulaben
09-28-05, 09:00 PM
Told in a thread entitled "Best stories and posts about 'Bird...."

So is the name just a coincidence?

FRANKY
09-28-05, 09:20 PM
So is the name just a coincidence?

I don't think so. It was just in April. Maybe he wanted an appetizer. :D

http://www.cinemamontreal.com/images/dvd/2920-1-bring_me_the_hea.jpg

nrc
09-28-05, 10:38 PM
Watching the Vegas race I was reminded of this remark from RB:

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?p=70643&highlight=huggy+pole#post70643

formulaben
09-28-05, 10:42 PM
I don't think so. It was just in April. Maybe he wanted an appetizer. :D

http://www.cinemamontreal.com/images/dvd/2920-1-bring_me_the_hea.jpg

So has this guy Del Monte been around? I've never heard of him until now, and I tend to keep up on all these up-and-coming drivers...very funny though.

dando
09-28-05, 10:49 PM
Watching the Vegas race I was reminded of this remark from RB:

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?p=70643&highlight=huggy+pole#post70643
:cool:

Sometimes when posting or reading posts, I wonder WWRBS? :)

-Kevin

Rob
09-28-05, 11:07 PM
So has this guy Del Monte been around? I've never heard of him until now, and I tend to keep up on all these up-and-coming drivers...very funny though.
He finished 2nd in the Superfund Euro F3000 series in 2003 and 2004, with three wins and six podiums in 10 races in 2004.

http://www.fordracing.com/champcarws/drivers/detail/index.asp?flashcheck=1&driver=173&bhcp=1

Of course, his opposition in that series was weak (whatever happened to Nicky Pastorelli?), but still, he did win a few times. He also had a victory in Formula Renault in 2000. I'm guessing that his lack of success in Long Beach was probably more due to the Jensen team than himself, but we'll see how he does over the next month and a half after he gets some testing under his belt.

2DB
09-29-05, 12:20 PM
Sometimes when posting or reading posts, I wonder WWRBS?

-Kevin

Kevin,

Priceless!!!!!!!

Kelvis

Rob
09-29-05, 03:51 PM
In a related story, speedtv.com is reporting that two-time FRenault champ Homero Richards of Mexico will be driving a third HVM entry at Mexico City. Also, Charles Zwolsman will also be driving an additional car, probably a third PKV car, as his reward for winning the Toyota Atlantic championship, which should bring the grid to 20 cars for that race.