PDA

View Full Version : Still More Tales of Drunk Drivers

JohnHKart
09-26-05, 07:02 AM
Headed north on Colima.....on our way to a ZZ Top concert and a hispanic guy pulls out of a Trader Joe's parking lot and I notice he swerved really close to the Suv I'm ridin shot gun in. Then he pulls ahead...and the guy is having a lot of trouble keeping his car between the lines. So after the stoplight I call 911. The dispatcher connects me to the wrong police dept....Whittier even though I tell her it's Sherrif's jurisdiction as we are now in Hacienda Heights. Is it just me or does it sometimes seem like 911 operators are complete fricking morons? Hello I fricking live here and I almost always know what police agency covers what area!!! So then Whittier patches me through to Industry Sherrif's where I should have been in the first place...after that I'm not reassured too much when the asian woman there answers the phone is speaking english in a heavy accent. Hope they got that guy....Meanwhile what do I have to do put every town's sherrif station and pd number in my phone? :shakehead

John

trish
09-26-05, 07:10 AM
9-1-1 is a joke...

JLMannin
09-26-05, 07:39 AM
9-1-1 is a profit center for land-line phone companies.

oddlycalm
09-26-05, 02:43 PM
We saw a seriously unpleasent drunk riding aftermath recently on a trip to the beach. Two Harley's fishtailed out of a gravel parking lot of a little tavern/store in the lower Wilson River Hwy and took off at a high rate of speed heading inland. Around 20 minutes later we came upon an accident scene near the crest of the coast range. Apparently the two bikes had collided with each other going around a curve. One rider was face down in the ditch and nobody was paying any attention to him. His passenger was sitting on the uphill bank crying. The other rider was on his back crying out in pain and people were attending to him. No emergency vehicles were on the scene yet, but we were told they had been called.

At least the fools didn't take anyone else out.

oc

indyfan31
09-27-05, 08:09 PM
Hey JohnK, you seem to be paying attention to these things. Is it just me, or has there been an unusual number of motorcycle accidents in the last month or so?

JohnHKart
09-27-05, 09:49 PM
I haven't noticed that but it may be because many people are out riding because of the relatively good weather/festivals and meets etc. I read there were three fatalities at last week's Reno biker meet, as well as a CHP officer in Industry who was on his bike and ran over by a drunk...in a 73 Monte Carlo....driven by a....guess what?

John