PDA

View Full Version : Atlantics Starting 30+?

NismoZ
09-22-05, 11:17 AM
The new boss says 44 cars have been ordered, 23 teams have shown strong interest including Dyson, Conquest, Forsythe, Hearn and Walker. Paul Newman is encouraging HIS partner to get involved, too. Is it beyond reason to speculate on a starting field of 30 cars?

tllips
09-22-05, 11:36 AM
I noticed the Star Mazda race at PIR on Speed had over 30 starters. It looked pretty cool seeing all those cars coming around the corner to take the green. :)

Then the guy in the front row does a brake check and the whole field has to scramble. Two cars touch and one is done! :eek:

I'd love to see a ton of cars take the green again!

JoeBob
09-22-05, 12:03 PM
Some of those are deposits that won't end up in purchases.

Others are backup cars for well funded teams.

The IPS made itsself look foolish with talk of having to limit the field to 26 cars, and publishing requirements to be in.

Underhype overdeliver works far better than Overhype underdeliver.

30+ cars in TA is overhype.

indyfan31
09-22-05, 12:56 PM
Some of those are deposits that won't end up in purchases.

Others are backup cars for well funded teams.
The IPS made itsself look foolish with talk of having to limit the field to 26 cars, and publishing requirements to be in.
Underhype overdeliver works far better than Overhype underdeliver.

30+ cars in TA is overhype.

Wilke, is that you?? ;)

But seriously, 25 to 30 cars would make for a great show at Long Beach next year.

extramundane
09-22-05, 01:11 PM
The new boss says 44 cars have been ordered, 23 teams have shown strong interest including Dyson, Conquest, Forsythe, Hearn and Walker. Paul Newman is encouraging HIS partner to get involved, too. Is it beyond reason to speculate on a starting field of 30 cars?

Conquest, Hearn & Walker have shown more than strong interest.

As for Dyson...seeing as Chris has a full ALMS season, partial Grand-Am season and potentially a couple of LMES races on his plate, I wouldn't expect to see him more than once or twice (or how ever many weekends CCWS/ALMS end up sharing).

NismoZ
09-22-05, 01:33 PM
Fair enough. I'm not trying to hype anything but I think the news is far more to the GOOD than the bad! :)