PDA

View Full Version : WTF?

mapguy
03-16-03, 09:46 AM
Larry Foyt gets another provisional starting position. Has he ever made it in the field on speed?

Nepotism sucks.

Hot Rod Otis
03-16-03, 10:16 AM
Unlike the Unsers, the Andrettis, the Brabbams and others, the Foyt racing gene doesn't seem to get passed on to the next generation. In fact it skipped the next 2 generations in the Foyt family. At this rate, AJ's Cup team will be out of provisionals by mid-May.:laugh:

pchall
03-16-03, 10:51 AM
Pathetic

Really pathetic

DaveL
03-16-03, 11:58 AM
He was the slowest qualifier. The only reason why he's in the field is because only 43 cars showed up.

Larry is an in over his head driver sitting in a car prepared by probably the worst team in Cup. As I wrote last week, there teams in ARCA that can do better than this, and they have better drivers. I wouldn't dwell on Larry if it weren't for the Lemmings who argue that because AJ dun wun Indy 4 times, anything he does must be ok.

BTW, Geoff Brabham was a pretty good driver, maybe not as good as his dad, but a good driver in his own right.

pchall
03-16-03, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by DaveL

BTW, Geoff Brabham was a pretty good driver, maybe not as good as his dad, but a good driver in his own right.

Geoff at least won some big time sports car races, showing that Brabham blood runs a bit thicker than Foyt...

devilmaster
03-16-03, 12:54 PM
He was the slowest qualifier. The only reason why he's in the field is because only 43 cars showed up.

D'oh! If only 43 cars were there, then they didn't waste a provisional. New rule NASCAR came out with last year. If only 43 show up, no provisional points are taken away.

Kwality Tewl indeed.

Steve

nissan gtp
03-16-03, 03:16 PM

as you might expect, i agree :D Geoff was a good racer who (more than most) raced clean and won a lot .... never quite got a win in CART, but did win an IROC at Michigan ..... plus all the GTP wins, and LeMans...