PDA

View Full Version : CHAMPCAR GARAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOFAST1
09-19-05, 10:41 PM
Superb tv. :thumbup:

RTKar
09-19-05, 11:01 PM
pretty good start...Kirby & Miller will bring a great angle to this show.

cameraman
09-20-05, 01:32 AM
It was a good show.
It would give me a reason to watch SPEED during the week.
Lord knows there isn't one now other than 2 Wheel Tuesday

CART License
09-20-05, 02:29 AM
Mmmmmmm B.Gordon better then expected. good show for Champ Car

trish
09-20-05, 06:02 AM
Of course I missed it. WHen's the next airing?

mapguy
09-20-05, 06:31 AM
what channel?

chop456
09-20-05, 06:36 AM
Speed.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9652

And:

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9661

mapguy
09-20-05, 06:52 AM
Man, I need to get Speed.

TedN
09-20-05, 08:18 AM
I liked this KK quote from the show .... "Champ Car is the North American interpretation of open-wheel racing"

Case closed!

Ted

:thumbup:

TKGAngel
09-20-05, 08:30 AM
I liked the show. It was a good hour of fast-paced informative and light pieces. I hope this at least gets picked up into a half-hour format for next year.

I really liked the RedLine Roundtable (sounds like the name of a hockey postgame show, IMO) segment. Its amazing that when you put 4 people in a room who know what they're talking about and let them have free reign to say whatever they want (including criticisms), you come out with good television. Speed's Inside Nextel Cup should take notes.

Andrew Longman
09-20-05, 09:00 AM
Very well done and entertaining.

Boy does RM have it in for Cheep.

Wabbit
09-20-05, 10:40 AM
Very well done and entertaining.

Boy does RM have it in for Cheep.

Remember, there is no I in team, but there is in Chip. :rofl:

I think Jimmy looked a little uncomfortable after Robin's comments about Chip.

Regardless about weather he was right or wrong about Chip, I thought the comment was a little classless. Sounds like something the IRL would do. The show should focus on ChampCar, and not (all) the other series.

SteveH
09-20-05, 10:42 AM
The show should focus on ChampCar, and not (all) the other series.

However there were inevitable references to the IRL, Legge vs Patrick, and I thought those were handled fairly well.

I think Robin knows he can tweak Chip and Chip won't mind. Much. :D

Wheel-Nut
09-20-05, 10:50 AM
Man, I need to get Speed.

No you don't. Back when it was SpeedVision it was worth having on the dial but now it is all things NASCAR with the occasional break to reload the tape machines, they run an open wheel show. Hell, they don't even replay the F1 race on Sunday evenings anymore. You get a condensed version of WRC and that's about it.

NismoZ
09-20-05, 11:33 AM
I especially appreciated Robin's segment (plea?) on the need for ChampCar to return to Road America, AND the focus on the Atlantic series and the good sense to build from the ground up. Also, the "Michael knows in his heart that Marco belongs in the Atlantic series." Maybe it's just because I'm "age challenged" but the show can certainly LOSE those stop-action, speeded-up, 0.8 sec. race action segments...the fault of almost every racing movie ever made! A- :)

DagoFast
09-20-05, 11:36 AM
I pretty much agree with 'Nut, it's a shadow of what SpeedVision was.

But they do still have F1, Rally, MotoGP and some ChampCar content albiet in condensed form. It's not "all napcar all the time" but it's dangerously close.

There was a time I would have gladly paid for it (and did) but now, I would have a REAL hard time wirting the check. Luckily for me, it's included in the package.

TedN
09-20-05, 12:27 PM
.... Hell, they don't even replay the F1 race on Sunday evenings anymore.

That's because they usually replay them in the afternoon.

Ted

mueber
09-20-05, 12:59 PM
I thought the show was great. Hope to see more of them.

Andrew Longman
09-20-05, 01:33 PM
Remember, there is no I in team, but there is in Chip. :rofl:

I think Jimmy looked a little uncomfortable after Robin's comments about Chip.

No doubt. Especially after RM said it for the forth time. JV even said "Enough of that. That comment also got me fired"

It is funny though :D

Wheel-Nut
09-20-05, 01:41 PM
That's because they usually replay them in the afternoon.

Ted

What time?

Andrew Longman
09-20-05, 02:02 PM
What time?

http://www.speedtv.com/programs/28/

Scroll down to the bottom. Usually the replay has been at noon for the races that broadcast live in the early morning EST

Wheel-Nut
09-20-05, 05:12 PM
Brazilian Grand Prix Sun, Sep 25 12:30PM (LIVE)
Brazilian Grand Prix Fri, Sep 30 12:00AM

Japanese Grand Prix Sat, Oct 8 12:30AM (LIVE)
Japanese Grand Prix Sun, Oct 9 4:00PM

Grand Prix of China Sat, Oct 15 1:30AM (LIVE)
Grand Prix of China Fri, Oct 21 12:00AM

Don't know about the previous races but 12 am in my neck of the woods is Mid-Night . . .

Rogue Leader
09-20-05, 05:41 PM

Don't know about the previous races but 12 am in my neck of the woods is Mid-Night . . .

Last year they used to re-play it in prime time....

Andrew Longman
09-20-05, 05:52 PM

Yeah, yeah, yeah. But the bulk of the rest of race schedule has them broadcastin live in the early morning EST. Those replayed at noon or 1pm usually.

The last three races are either shown live in the afternoon or are on the other side of the planet.

Personally, if I missed the race in the early morning I'd rather see it in the early afternoon than to wait all day dodging the sportsline and internet to see who won on a primetime broadcast.

mueber
09-20-05, 05:56 PM
I appreciated Robin's Road America plea. Don't know if it's a good idea, but I know I'll be there if Champ Car is.

coolhand
09-20-05, 06:39 PM
so chip just repeated the JV comment bout I in chip? did he say anything else?

Wheel-Nut
09-20-05, 06:47 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. But the bulk of the rest of race schedule has them broadcastin live in the early morning EST. Those replayed at noon or 1pm usually.

The last three races are either shown live in the afternoon or are on the other side of the planet.

Personally, if I missed the race in the early morning I'd rather see it in the early afternoon than to wait all day dodging the sportsline and internet to see who won on a primetime broadcast.

I hear you. I just really liked the prime time broadcast. Get the kids in bed, the wife knew I wouldn't be after any, aaaah, loving . . . Just me and the F1 race. Life was good!!! :D

RHR_Fan
09-20-05, 09:57 PM
I thought it was a good show. AJ and Justin are such a hoot. I also liked the round table. I didn't care for the calendar segment too much though. Guess it's good to attract more fans. I think it's only fair that the drivers put out their own calendar. :) Whatcha think ladies? I'd LOVE to be there for that photo shoot.

~Nicole

Andrew Longman
09-20-05, 10:42 PM
I hear you. I just really liked the prime time broadcast. Get the kids in bed, the wife knew I wouldn't be after any, aaaah, loving . . . Just me and the F1 race. Life was good!!! :D

I prefer to do my race watchin' in the afternoon, get my testosterone fueled watching F1, then chase "any" I can get in the time left in the day.Why squeeze that into the odd corners of the weekend?

Besides, watching the race in the afternoon minimizes the conflict with the missuzes. "You go ahead to Linens and Things without me. I'm just going to have to trust you to pick out the dust sham without me. We'll catch up later with whatever lovely stuff you bring home"

formulaben
09-21-05, 12:31 AM
I pretty much agree with 'Nut, it's a shadow of what SpeedVision was.

I distinctly remember that part of the purchase agreement was for the former owners to stay out of the auto broadcasting business for 5 years. That should be over pretty soon...any chance of a reincarnation of Speedvision? Anyone?

toymaker
09-22-05, 09:33 AM
Will they replay it for those of us who missed it? Will it be on champcar.ws for viewing online? :thumbup:

TKGAngel
09-22-05, 12:56 PM
I thought it was a good show. AJ and Justin are such a hoot. I also liked the round table. I didn't care for the calendar segment too much though. Guess it's good to attract more fans. I think it's only fair that the drivers put out their own calendar. :) Whatcha think ladies? I'd LOVE to be there for that photo shoot.

~Nicole

Would buy a driver only calendar in a heartbeat.

You could really tell that AJ and Justin get along well with each other. I remember reading somewhere that they were roommates, but dont recall if that was only on the road, or at home.