PDA

View Full Version : ALMS to Long Beach '06?

FCYTravis
09-19-05, 06:16 PM
Per a report on DailySportscar.com, the ALMS could have a Sunday race at Long Beach in 2006 - and a race at Edmonton on a separate weekend from Champ Car.

Time to book a hotel :thumbup: :cool:

nissan gtp
09-19-05, 06:42 PM
Per a report on DailySportscar.com, the ALMS could have a Sunday race at Long Beach in 2006 - and a race at Edmonton on a separate weekend from Champ Car.

Time to book a hotel :thumbup: :cool:

Sunday ?? that doesn't make sense to me. Saturday evening would be perfect.

Hotel already booked, hope flights aren't too outrageous next year :saywhat:

cameraman
09-19-05, 07:52 PM
I doubt that they would leave half of the Edmonton airport shut down for any length of time. Leaving the stands up for a month or two would prevent the use of one of the main taxiways. It would not make sense to run the races on consecutive weekends and setting all that up and taking it down just to repeat the process a month or so later sounds very expensive.

coolhand
09-19-05, 08:44 PM
I doubt that they would leave half of the Edmonton airport shut down for any length of time. Leaving the stands up for a month or two would prevent the use of one of the main taxiways. It would not make sense to run the races on consecutive weekends and setting all that up and taking it down just to repeat the process a month or so later sounds very expensive.

thats not the main international Airport, and dont forget this city is crazy about the racing.