PDA

View Full Version : for all the JV fans

coolhand
09-19-05, 01:18 AM
http://fmatthey.macbay.de/spa.mp4

getting beat by a jordan

Hard Driver
09-19-05, 10:58 AM
So, without knowing fuel loads and length tires have been on in the rain and all that there is nothing to be deduced from your little clip. However, the fact that JV has not been beating his teammate consistantly does seem to indicate that he is no longer in his prime.

Dirty Sanchez
09-19-05, 11:19 AM
amazing that he scored points in spa because he was getting owned by just about everything on the track. but others made mistakes and got ambitious with going to dry tires while cheques just kept plodding along.

i saw button pass him at pouhon (on the outside!). pretty spectacular. looks like villeneuve is still good for a couple highlights every now and then :thumbup:

jonovision_man
09-19-05, 11:48 AM
http://fmatthey.macbay.de/spa.mp4

getting beat by a jordan

Did you watch the clip? The Jordan misses the turn and cuts the track... hardly what I'd call "getting beat", and IIRC Karthikeyan had to give that position back.

Oh, and Jacques finished 6th to Karthikeyan's 11th.

jono

TedN
09-19-05, 12:07 PM
Did you notice how Jacques caught that twitch going up Eau Rouge? Pretty impressive save, if you ask me.

Ted

Dirty Sanchez
09-19-05, 12:16 PM
monteiro passed jesus on lap 26. pizzonia passed jesus on lap 27. curry-eater passed jesus on lap 28. trulli and half schumacher passed jesus on lap 29.

:gomer: :gomer: :gomer:

jonovision_man
09-19-05, 12:25 PM
monteiro passed jesus on lap 26. pizzonia passed jesus on lap 27. curry-eater passed jesus on lap 28. trulli and half schumacher passed jesus on lap 29.

curry-eater? :thumdown:

jono

Dirty Sanchez
09-19-05, 12:56 PM
what's the beef, sir?

I suppose if I named him after a cookie it would be alright :gomer:

jonovision_man
09-19-05, 12:59 PM
what's the beef, sir?

I suppose if I named him after a cookie it would be alright :gomer:

Depends on the cookie. Oreo, fine, fortune cookie, probably racist.

jono

Dirty Sanchez
09-19-05, 01:16 PM
pc nonsense :o

go ahead and report me to the Ministry of the Internet. Insensitivity Division. while you're at it, make sure you tell God that I called Jacques Jesus :gomer:

Andrew Longman
09-19-05, 01:41 PM
Personally, I love curry.

Grunschev
09-19-05, 01:50 PM

Classification:
6 Jacques Villeneuve
7 Ralf Schumacher
8 Tiago Monteiro (+1 lap)
11 Narain Karthikeyan (+1 lap)
15 Antonio Pizzonia (+5 laps)
16 Jarno Trulli (retired)

:p

coolhand
09-19-05, 02:02 PM
Did you watch the clip? The Jordan misses the turn and cuts the track... hardly what I'd call "getting beat", and IIRC Karthikeyan had to give that position back.

Oh, and Jacques finished 6th to Karthikeyan's 11th.

jono

considering it is a Jordan versus a sauber, yes he is getting beat. conventional wisdom has sauber ahead of jordan.

jonovision_man
09-19-05, 02:53 PM
considering it is a Jordan versus a sauber, yes he is getting beat. conventional wisdom has sauber ahead of jordan.

Conventional wisdom didn't watch the race, then. It was wet (often a great equalizer) and Jacques was on a significantly different strategy than most of the field (one-stop).

And, as previously noted, the "pass" was done by missing the corner.

jono

Dr. Corkski
09-20-05, 11:56 AM
I am sure they will have a spot reserved for him at formula drift next year. :gomer:

RacinM3
09-21-05, 12:05 AM
Did you notice how Jacques caught that twitch going up Eau Rouge? Pretty impressive save, if you ask me.

I noticed it and was also impressed.

TrueBrit
09-21-05, 11:29 PM
He's always been fun going through Eau Rouge....I remember when he was with Williams, he and Patrick Head had an argument about how you couldn't go through there flat....

Jacques went through flat-out in his next session...

Of course he lost it afterwards and wiped three corners off the car iirc...

Upon returning to the pits with his one-wheeled car he looked at the telemetry of the wreck with Mr. Head.

He reportedly said "..see, I told you I could go through there flat...."

Mr. Head was not amused however....

NismoZ
09-22-05, 10:56 AM
See...that's the stuff that makes racing fun! :) (Does JV still have his sense if humor?)

jonovision_man
09-22-05, 12:28 PM
(Does JV still have his sense if humor?)

He must... he can't see any reason why BMW wouldn't honour his contract with Sauber. :rofl:

jono

Shadow
09-25-05, 05:49 PM
Gee, I haven't seen as many dumb comments in a long time. Almost matches some of the lemming threads on TF. :(