PDA

View Full Version : ?

Andrew Longman
09-18-05, 11:38 AM
Got this in my morning email:

andrew:

thanks for your support. I never read any forums but I've been told I'm a very popular topic for the Gomers on Track Forum. Most of them refuse to face the facts -- their hero Tony George has the IQ of a field squirrel and he's ruined Indy and open wheel racing.

keep the faith
robin miller

Cam
09-18-05, 11:48 AM
He speaks the truth no? ;)

Andrew Longman
09-18-05, 12:26 PM
He speaks the truth no? ;)

I'd say so, but I don't recall sending him a note. I guess I must have sent a letter to the editor or something and he is just getting around to emptying his in-box.

cart7
09-18-05, 12:34 PM
I think Robin must have meant "the IQ of a Grey squirrel", everyone knows that field squirrels are one of the brighter members of the vermin family.

pkvracing12
09-18-05, 02:34 PM
:gomer: Hey IRL fans truth hurts!

Napoleon
09-18-05, 08:06 PM
:gomer: Hey IRL fans truth hurts!

They have fans?

Paintergeek
09-19-05, 07:57 PM
I think you've been had. I dont think Robin Miller would use hte term 'gomers', would he? If he did, then he is hinting to you he in fact DOES visit forums. But i dunno, Seems hokey.

L1P1
09-19-05, 08:13 PM
I think you've been had. I dont think Robin Miller would use hte term 'gomers', would he? If he did, then he is hinting to you he in fact DOES visit forums. But i dunno, Seems hokey.

I agree. I don't think this is Robin. I do believe he does read forums occasionally because I think I've heard him mention them in terms of prevailing moods and such.

And if you didn't write him in the first place, it's clear that it wasn't from him. Unless someone sent an e-mail with your address (which is easy to do if they know what it is). I could imagine a message that might possibly evoke this response, but most likely, Robin is not involved.

Rocketdoc
09-19-05, 08:33 PM
"I think you've been had. I dont think Robin Miller would use hte term 'gomers', would he? If he did, then he is hinting to you he in fact DOES visit forums. But i dunno, Seems hokey."

I'd bet it is Robin.

I've had a few emails with him over the years, and the term "Gomer" is not strange.

Robin has always said it like it is.

racer2c
09-19-05, 09:25 PM
There is an OC member who is very good friends with Robin. Maybe he'll PM you and verify the email addy.

Opposite Lock
09-19-05, 10:06 PM

Did you ever turn in to his old radio show "The
Truth"?

(Cam, please say you have all that stuff archived!)

Andrew Longman
09-20-05, 09:07 AM
I thought the email odd. Hence the title of the thread.

But I don't know what is more unlikely. Robin sending such an email to me or someone going to the trouble to spoof lil' ol' me.

After last night's Champcar Garage I think it is very believable that RM would say such things.

Cam
09-20-05, 10:01 AM
Did you ever turn in to his old radio show "The
Truth"?

(Cam, please say you have all that stuff archived!)

Absolutely! :D

Let me see if I can find a sound bite.....

pkvracing12
09-24-05, 10:25 PM
They have fans?
yeah they get tickets free to the race!
:gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
09-25-05, 12:12 AM
So Robin's insulting squirrels? What did they ever do to him? :confused: