PDA

View Full Version : da foosball, 9/17/05

Ankf00
09-17-05, 04:34 PM
sooners @ UCLA, bruins already lost one of their WR's to a disgusting knee twist, but it's tied right now and drew olsen is MONEY now that he's understanding Dorrell's west coast offense

spartans @ South Bend, Stanton is gonna **** Weiss' **** UP. that kid is so money, sits back in the pocket, looking, looking, looking, looks off, BOOM over the top perfect touch pass, or perfect rifle in the soft spot of the zone, the kid is good. as long as MSU's D can hold, they've got this one.

aggy whupped up on SMU, reggie was still throwing bombs with 6 mins left in the third :rolleyes:

Louisville vs. Oregon St. Petrino, Brohm, Bush. jeebus... :eek: 63 pts

Fresno @ Ducks, racermike's gonna have some heartburn tonight :D

Miami @ Clemson, looking sloppy so far... ACC booo.

Tennessee @ Florida the nightcap... and I'll be doing family time for birthdays I've missed :mad: stupid family.... stupid birthdays.

Ankf00
09-17-05, 04:44 PM
vandy kids cheering "you will work for us" at end of the game... classic. :laugh:

Gnam
09-17-05, 04:47 PM
Cal @ Illinois:Hope Ayoob brings the A-game today. What the hell is an Illini?

rabbit
09-17-05, 04:49 PM
Ohio Northern scores 30 unanswered points in a span of 15 minutes to turn a 17-0 deficit to a 30-17 win over Baldwin-Wallace! :cool::thumbup:

http://www.onusports.com/livestats/hlogo.gif

Sean O'Gorman
09-17-05, 06:23 PM
BW? What, there were no high school teams available to play against? ;)

dando
09-17-05, 06:39 PM
Well, @ least one of the teams from the useless state up north doesn't choke. Bite it, domers! :mad: :D

Mark it down. If Lloyd 'John Cooper' Carr manages to lose another Big Ten game and then to the Bucks, he's done. 1-3 vs. ND, OSU, and in bowls the past four years. Add that to the 0-5 in road openers the past five years.

-Kevin

rabbit
09-17-05, 06:43 PM
BW? What, there were no high school teams available to play against? ;)
God bless D3 football, where more kids go to class than go to jail. :thumbup:

dando
09-17-05, 08:34 PM
Oh, and Bucks vs. SDSU...SDSU goes 80 yards for a TD on the 1st play from scrimmage, and barely manages 80 yards the rest of the way (13 yards rushing on 19 attempts). Bucks still having issues on O. Smith looked shakey, Zwick gets mop up duty late. Next week, the Hawkeyes. Bring yer best game, Hawks. :)

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
09-17-05, 08:42 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/NENH11009180007.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ankf00
09-17-05, 09:05 PM
d00d!!!!!!

OLSEN!!! HE'S SO MONEY!!!!!!

Sean O'Gorman
09-17-05, 09:25 PM
God bless D3 football, where more kids go to class than go to jail. :thumbup:

I know, I know, but BW is so close to my house it seems practically like a high school.

rabbit
09-17-05, 10:01 PM
I know, I know, but BW is so close to my house it seems practically like a high school.Well, if it's any consolation, they looked like a high school team the way they got pwn3d by Northern today. :gomer:

Ankf00
09-17-05, 11:14 PM
GO NORTHERN!!!

or something...

:D

it's 10:13pm and OU STILL sucks!!!

(can you believe my sis no longer has a TV? not even the little 13" she kept in a closet, wtf?!?)

ok, considering the fact that Dorrell doesn't water down his WCO system for easier digestion, if his guys are starting to understand the reads and audibles and execute, stay healthy, and that D bends but doesn't break, UCLA can take SC... Olsen will pick apart that secondary.

skaven
09-18-05, 12:53 AM
Florida defends the Swamp. Hopefully Tennessee will get wiped by LSU next week. :mad: :D

SEC looking tough, but might never get a chance if USC and Texas keep rolling.

spinner26
09-18-05, 01:25 AM
IU 38 UK 14 ROFLMAO! :rofl:

coolhand
09-18-05, 04:02 AM
ok, considering the fact that Dorrell doesn't water down his WCO system for easier digestion, if his guys are starting to understand the reads and audibles and execute, stay healthy, and that D bends but doesn't break, UCLA can take SC... Olsen will pick apart that secondary.

Thats sounds a little far fetched to me, but anyway.

Are you wishing UCLA defeats USC so Texas does not have to face them? :saywhat:

Ankf00
09-18-05, 07:42 AM
Thats sounds a little far fetched to me, but anyway.

Are you wishing UCLA defeats USC so Texas does not have to face them? :saywhat:

Dear Bandwagoner,

Where was your season ticket package during the John Robinson days? Sell out your stadium first, talk later.

Sincerely,
Real Fans of America

'04
The Farm: 31-28
Corvallis: 28-20
Rose Bowl: 29-24

yea, y'all really showed UCLA last year. Talk about dom-in-ATION :eek:

Joelski
09-18-05, 09:21 AM
http://www.dannyveghs.com/foosball/storm.jpg

Dr. Corkski
09-18-05, 02:57 PM
Good job Stanford, you lost to a 0-2 1-AA team. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

coolhand
09-18-05, 03:43 PM
Dear Bandwagoner,

Where was your season ticket package during the John Robinson days? Sell out your stadium first, talk later.

Sincerely,
Real Fans of America

I dont see how my post professed anything about support for USC, i was just pointing out your obvious concern about Texas playing them.

'04

and texas really showed OSU two weeks ago :eek: we can point out close games all day.

dando
09-18-05, 05:50 PM
and texas really showed OSU two weeks ago :eek: we can point out close games all day.
Well, Mack Daddy will highlight in bold the fact that he beat a supposed top-10 team on the road for once. And based on the BigTwinkie's performance thus far this season, so will the entire conference. :shakehead :laugh:

-Kevin

dando
09-18-05, 05:56 PM
Dear Bandwagoner,

Sincerely,
Real Fans of America

'04

To which version of the Robinson era are you referring? Before your time, or after? If you're referring to #2, you don't know jack about #1. :shakehead

-Kevin

coolhand
09-18-05, 06:16 PM
When were the John Robinson days anyway?

RusH
09-18-05, 06:22 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/NENH11009180007.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

Is Shula young enough to come back?

....a crushed fan in FL.......... :cry:

dando
09-18-05, 06:27 PM
When were the John Robinson days anyway?
IIRC, the post McKay era in the mid-70s until the early-80s, and redux was in the early to midish 90s. He won @ least one championship BFFB.

-Kevin

coolhand
09-18-05, 06:33 PM
IIRC, the post McKay era in the mid-70s until the early-80s, and redux was in the early to midish 90s. He won @ least one championship BFFB.

-Kevin

ok, I was not around in the mid-70s early-80s to attend games, so no, i was not there.

dando
09-18-05, 06:41 PM
ok, I was not around in the mid-70s early-80s to attend games, so no, i was not there.
BFFB = BFFB, who I know was not around to see Robinson's 'SC team post-McKay. The '81 Rose Bowl vs. OSU is an all-time classic. I personally got my revenge when the Brownies drafted Charlie White. :D

-Kevin

CART T. Katz
09-18-05, 07:26 PM
these days, it's good to be a cardinal. destroying a team with a redshirt frosh reciever (who is going to be the next randy moss and is staying 4 years, you heard it here first. remember the name MARIO URRUTIA) carrying the dignity of the big east conference (unfortunately. if we go unbeaten, we ain't getting to the rose bowl. :flame: get your act together pitt!) and not being myopic mildcat fan. who gets beaten by indiana, and by 24 FREAKING POINTS at that?

it's 7:25 PM EDT and uk STILL SUCKS! :laugh:

dando
09-18-05, 09:54 PM
it's 7:25 PM EDT and uk STILL SUCKS! :laugh:

Uh, how 'bout week 1? :gomer:

Get back to us on that in hoopies season. :D

-Kevin

dando
09-18-05, 10:01 PM
it's 10:13pm and OU STILL sucks!!!
Sometimes blind hatred of yer rivals just ain't the right approach. But hey, that's just my take. I wasn't one to be cheerin' U/M's choke against ND, nor IA against the best team in IA. :gomer:

That's all I'm sayin'...of course, I'd be less selective in my references if'n my team hadn't beat its main rival in 5 years. :-)

-Kevin

CART T. Katz
09-18-05, 11:16 PM
Uh, how 'bout week 1? :gomer:

Get back to us on that in hoopies season. :D

-Kevin

:ahem:

scoreboard. btw, pUKe may want to play us at the beginning of the year every year. you looked better against louisville than you did anyone else. thank your spineless coach and your gutless ad for conceeding the fact that louisville owns the state in football.

ps. SPARKS WALKED!!! :flame: :mad:

That's all I'm sayin'...of course, I'd be less selective in my references if'n my team hadn't beat its main rival in 5 years. :-)

of course in football, uk considers tennessee it's main rival for some reason...

Gnam
09-19-05, 02:39 AM
Good job Stanford, you lost to a 0-2 1-AA team. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
sweet justice. GO AGGIES!

Ankf00
09-19-05, 09:50 AM
I dont see how my post professed anything about support for USC, i was just pointing out your obvious concern about Texas playing them.

uhh, do you see me talking Rose Bowl? no. You however have already come to the conclusion that it's SC vs. Texas. I'll believe if it I see it, it's a long season and conf play starts NOW.

Do you see me talking about Texas dominating and winning all their games outright and being invincible b/c they shut down OSU's vaunted offense in the hallowed horseshoe (twist goes the knife, twist goes the knife :D)? no. And you won't.

Ankf00
09-19-05, 09:53 AM
To which version of the Robinson era are you referring? Before your time, or after? If you're referring to #2, you don't know jack about #1. :shakehead

-Kevin

I need to clarify? You can't really talk mess about when he was a winning coach and they were a winning program now can you? ;)

Well, Mack Daddy will highlight in bold the fact that he beat a supposed top-10 team on the road for once. And based on the BigTwinkie's performance thus far this season, so will the entire conference. *sigh* how's that top 10 looking for y'all? I'll take a weak arsed conference, it's done wonders for SC ;)

Sometimes blind hatred of yer rivals just ain't the right approach. BCS will never have me cheering Okie. NEVER!!!

coolhand
09-19-05, 01:59 PM
I'll take a weak arsed conference, it's done wonders for SC ;)

Pac-10

California (13)
UCLA (25)
Washington State
Oregon (24)
USC (1)
Arizona State (18)
Oregon State
Stanford
Arizona
Washington

big Twelve

North Division
Kansas
Nebraska
Colorado
Kansas State
Iowa State (22)
Missouri
South Division
Texas (2)
Baylor
Oklahoma State
Texas Tech (19)
Texas A&M
Oklahoma
-------------------------------

I Dont know if i wold be talking down the Pac-10 right now.

Ankf00
09-19-05, 02:22 PM
aw, 3 games into the new season and puffing out your chests... :)

2004: SC(1), Cal(9) vs. OU(3), UT(4/5), TxTech(17/18) - 2 vs. 3
2003: SC(1/2), Wazzou(9) vs. OU(3), UT(11/12), KSU (13/14), NU (18/19) - 2 vs. 4
2002: SC(4), Wazzou(10) vs. OU(5), UT(7/6), KSU(6/7), CU(21/20) - 2 vs. 4

OMG RANKINGS ARE FUN!!! :gomer:

PAC-10 Football: We're as deep as Jessica Simpson's thoughts and stacked like Danica Patrick!

Albeit with Oregon and UCLA playing some good ball, they might resemble a real football conference soon nuff, especially with Big Televen and 12 sucking balls.

coolhand
09-19-05, 08:36 PM
aw, 3 games into the new season and puffing out your chests... :)

2004: SC(1), Cal(9) vs. OU(3), UT(4/5), TxTech(17/18) - 2 vs. 3
2003: SC(1/2), Wazzou(9) vs. OU(3), UT(11/12), KSU (13/14), NU (18/19) - 2 vs. 4
2002: SC(4), Wazzou(10) vs. OU(5), UT(7/6), KSU(6/7), CU(21/20) - 2 vs. 4

OMG RANKINGS ARE FUN!!! :gomer:
they are, But i think the past 2 years that the Pac-10 has been underrated. But thanks to USC emerging to be the best school in the modern era with a paossible 3-pete things are changing out here for good. More California players are staying in the conference. Cal has gotten some good recruiting classes and i feel they wil be top 15 at least for the next few years. USC can only beat themselves, some younger players have left to other schools wantin g to get more playing time. Oregon has alot of money from that nike dude and has some great facilities to show.

wazzou can put some good teams together, and washingotn has written themselves off by getting willingham.

UCLA sucks, and always will.

PAC-10 Football: We're as deep as Jessica Simpson's thoughts and stacked like Danica Patrick!

She was at the game this weekend. funny how a texas girl is attending alot of SC games ;)

Albeit with Oregon and UCLA playing some good ball, they might resemble a real football conference soon nuff, especially with Big Televen and 12 sucking balls.

true, true, especially in arrogant easterner's eyes.

Ankf00
09-19-05, 10:02 PM
:rofl: the big bad east coast man holding y'all down. do you guys ever run out of excuses out there on the left coast?

underrated? jeebus, are you serious? 3 (13, 10, 9) 9+ win teams in '04, 2(12, 10) in '03 and '02 (11,10)...

underrated? :rofl:

big 12: 3 11 win teams and a 10 win team in '02, 2 11 win teams and 2 10 win teams in '03, and 2 11+ win teams last year

btw, that'll be a RE-pete IF it happens, you didn't play LSU or OU in '03, too bad that's the system y'all signed on for.

but yea, y'all will be better this year as a conf, SC will have a downward turn soon enough you will not repeat FSU's 14 straight years of top 4 because you're already losing coordinators and its a miracle bobby held onto richt and amato for as long as he did, and yes, UCLA, UCLA of all schools will have a 9 win season this year or next... :p

coolhand
09-19-05, 10:14 PM
Hey, its still the AP and the Coaches polls that matter. Without their support the BCS would mean nothing.

The AP went with USC as thier champs. dont hate the player. :)

Jervis Tetch 1
09-19-05, 11:05 PM
I still say USC is up to no good (i.e. dirty program waiting to get caught).

coolhand
09-19-05, 11:35 PM
I still say USC is up to no good (i.e. dirty program waiting to get caught).

how so, and which players?

if it was about bribing them it does not make sense, Matt Leinert could have got big bucks in the NFL and wanted to stay.

maybe people love playing in SoCal for a school with such strong support and tradition.

the only other school comprable is Notre Dame.

Bush? he is California grown and probably enjoys it here too.

In fact most of the team if from instate and i dont see them needing to be bribed to come to USC, where else would they rather go?

Ankf00
09-20-05, 12:22 AM
maybe people love playing in SoCal for a school with such strong support and tradition.

do you actually believe that spiel? the only tradition there is within the walls of the athletic department's properties. before '02 SC had a following as big as the hungarian national women's power lifting team. History and 6 heisman winners be damned... it's LA, y'all have as much a TRUE fanbase as John Blake has coaching skills. Once you have a couple of 3 or 4 loss seasons the fantasy will be over and LA will return to the Lakers or Paris Hilton or whatever weak-ass flavor of the week they've got at the time. Actually, I bet a 2 loss season would take care of that bandwagon...

http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110204aaa.html

Nov. 2, 2004

Top-ranked USC's football game against Notre Dame on Nov. 27 in the 92,000-seat Coliseum is sold out.

The annual intersectional rivalry contest will be aired live on ABC-TV at 5 p.m. PST.

This will be a USC's third home sellout in 2004, a school season record. Earlier games against California and Arizona State were sold out.

the programs with geniune support bases sell out their ticket allotments through season tickets, re: Tenn, Texas, Mich, Ohio St, 'Bama, etc. Even CLEMSON can bring in 82K fans every other week :gomer:

it is sad though seeing as SC has such a great history... I don't think they're dirty, I think Carrol's a good coach with good suboordinates who's got the kind of energetic attitude recruits want to be around, plus seeing the co-eds on campus can't hurt ;)

coolhand
09-20-05, 12:37 AM
it is sad though seeing as SC has such a great history... I don't think they're dirty, I think Carrol's a good coach with good suboordinates who's got the kind of energetic attitude recruits want to be around, plus seeing the co-eds on campus can't hurt ;)

I know you would understand. as for attendance prior to 2002, i dont know much about it. but dont think there is not a large TRUE fanbase, there are alot of alumni who are very loyal to the school ands its grads, and alot are big on the games too.

But USC does have a strong tradition, but unlike most big football schools it right in the center of the nations second largest media market. It has competition.

Also no Raiders or any other NFL team is helping.

dando
09-21-05, 12:58 AM
Do you see me talking about Texas dominating and winning all their games outright and being invincible b/c they shut down OSU's vaunted offense in the hallowed horseshoe (twist goes the knife, twist goes the knife :D)? no. And you won't.
Here's a clue: the media 'vaunted' the OSU O. Any old college foosball fan w/a clue knows that Tress is the type that likes to button it down and focus on the basics: defense, special teams, and field position. The fact is he (or OC Bollman :mad:) have no idea how to use the weapons they have available, and the spread does not come natural to Tress' 'system'. The D is the strength of this team by far (@ this point). For 2.333 games last year, the O looked awesome, but that was @ the end of a difficult season. Results on O from '02, '03, and '04 show something very different. Tress is old school...almost too old school. That's the troubling part. :(

-Kevin

coolhand
11-07-05, 06:28 AM
Dear Bandwagoner,

Sincerely,
Real Fans of America

'04

I have been meaning to bring this up. you are trying to Bash USC attendance? How many students does USC have compared to Texas? You know the colusiem holds 16,000 more then UT's little stadium?

Two NFL teams have left LA after continuously being outdraw by USC. Attendace at SC games has never been anything to be ashamed of.

Ankf00
11-07-05, 11:12 AM
:laugh:

look up your own attendance #'s from the past 5 years, you didn't start selling out until you started winning titles. Collesium sits ~92K, Darrell K Royal Memorial fits ~84K, and work begins in the offeason to replace the north endzone horseshoe and replace it with a double deck stand much closer to the field, right now I think the north endzone seats may be near the Kansas or North Dakota border...

don't feel bad though, miami's in the same boat, except they still couldn't sell out even after the Rose Bowl win...

the programs w/ true fanbases sell out their gen adm allotments in the way of season ticket packages. Nebraska, Michigan, Alabama, OSU, UGa, Tenn, etc.

From your AD website: http://usctrojans.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/110903aaa.html

USC's average home attendance in 2003 is 74,947 (299,788 total), within range of the school record of 76,063 set in 1988 (all 92,000 seats have been sold for Troy's next home game, UCLA).

there were 10K more in attendance every game in Texas' "little stadium" than USC even when USC set a home attendance record :)

dando
11-07-05, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=Ankf00]
the programs w/ true fanbases sell out their gen adm allotments in the way of season ticket packages. Nebraska, Michigan, Alabama, OSU, UGa, Tenn, etc.
[QUOTE]

OSU could sell 110K easily for every game (currently max is 105K, but we've been >106K several times). Only one game had tix available for sale to the general public: Illinois, and many of those were in partial view areas (up by the press box).

-Kevin

Ankf00
11-07-05, 10:11 PM
OSU could sell 110K easily for every game (currently max is 105K, but we've been >106K several times). Only one game had tix available for sale to the general public: Illinois, and many of those were in partial view areas (up by the press box).

-Kevin

09/10/05, 105,565, Ohio Stadium record ;) :gomer: :D

coolhand
11-08-05, 12:27 AM
hey ank, how many students are enrolled at University of Texas?

Ankf00
11-08-05, 12:39 AM
hey ank, how many students are enrolled at University of Texas?

Wait, is this the formulation of some kind of excuse I see?

How many fanboys are in the city of Los Angeles? The supposed fanbase that ran not one, but two NFL teams straight out of town? USC has the 2nd largest market in America all to themselves and can't sell 76K+ ? :gomer:

dando
11-08-05, 12:51 AM
09/10/05, 105,565, Ohio Stadium record ;) :gomer: :D
Meant 105K....need to quit looking @ interns while I type @ work. :)

-Kevin

coolhand
11-08-05, 01:09 AM
Wait, is this the formulation of some kind of excuse I see?

How many fanboys are in the city of Los Angeles? The supposed fanbase that ran not one, but two NFL teams straight out of town? USC has the 2nd largest market in America all to themselves and can't sell 76K+ ? :gomer:

This is colgeg fooseball, and yes, the size of the school has an impact on attendance

if you look at USC's size and its large stadium you will see its attendance is nothing to bash considering the competition it has with the kings, lakers, clippers etc just nine blocks away.

no excuse there, SC draws a great crowd, wait and see when Texas has a bad slump and gets pounded by A&M, lets see who shows up

Ankf00
11-08-05, 01:23 AM
kings lakers and clippers are stealing away fans? :laugh:

what, the NHL and NBA seasons are just THAT hot from September through November? That is quite amazing that the kings don't play for 18 months, the clippers and lakers don't even play in september and most of october, and yet STILL draw away fans from USC... you need to come up with better excuses next time :) I mean, when's the last time the Clippers won 10 games in a single season?

gomer excuse: "Fontana attendance was down b/c the Masters was on TV, and you know how race fans love golf."

Athletic Departments do not make money off of student tix, they make money off of alumni. Hate to burst yer bubble but UT students have to get into a lottery to get limited # of game tix. USC has 28,000 students which is a fairly large student body and is in the 2nd biggest metropolitan market in America. Austin is 750,000 people.

28K students in the 2nd largest market in america filling up 75K per game is not "strong attendance." It's commonly referred to as "mediocre"

to repeat: the programs with loyal fanbases are always "sold out through season ticket packages"...

UT's gotten pasted by OU 5 years in a row, lost 2 of 3 holiday bowls and 1 of 2 cotton bowls in the past 6 years, funny how that never put a dent in selling out the stadium to season ticket packages...

just wait till Texas has a bad slump and gets pounded by A&M
the difference here is that USC was on the exact opposite of a "slump" last year, if anything you would call it "a roll." And yet they still couldn't sell out. south carolina can draw in the high 80's... south carolina which has never so much as sniffed the SEC East title... ;)

coolhand
11-08-05, 02:30 AM
28,000 total

half of that are grad students like you. and they show such strong alegence to SC :rolleyes:

try 14,000 undergrad