PDA

View Full Version : Beverly Hills Renta Car

TravelGal
09-15-05, 08:33 PM
For those of you with an extra few thousand $ and only a day to spend it, I just got a great look at a how to handle that situation.

Walking down a part of Little Santa Monica Blvd. I don't usually walk down, I passed the garage for Beverly Hills Renta Car. Parked next to the sidewalk, IN A ROW, were a BMW (pffft), a Bentley, a Porsch, a Jaguar, and a Rolls Royce. For fun, there was also a 1959 Chevy thrown in. Jeez, were those fins really that large?!

It was so amazing, I made TravelGuy stop for a few minutes just to gaze upon the sight before we went on our way.

racer2c
09-16-05, 11:47 AM
My Maserati does 185. I lost my license now I don't drive. :(

TravelGal
09-17-05, 12:46 AM
My Maserati does 185. I lost my license now I don't drive. :(

So, hmmm, maybe you could rent it out, eh? Of course if you don't have all the proper paperwork you'd probably find yourself in JAIL but, hey, don't sweat the small stuff. winky wink

RacinM3
09-17-05, 02:50 AM
Travelgal = not a Joe Walsh fan.

Re: the exotic rentals....there are a number of 'em down in Newport Beach. Every Saturday AM, I go down to a place called Crystal Cove, where a bunch of car guys get together. You wouldn't believe the number of Porsches and Ferraris on the road in NB at 6:30 AM on a Saturday. Even Carrera GT's and Enzo's occasionally. They, honestly, are like Hondas in other areas. I'll see 30 Porsches from Huntington Beach to Laguna, about a 20 minute trip.

SoCal is definitely the car Mecca of the USA. Even the rentals are exotic!

indyfan31
09-17-05, 03:16 AM
Travelgal = not a Joe Walsh fan.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm sorry TravelGal, but that was a bit .... amusing. :D

TravelGal
09-17-05, 11:31 AM
Always happy to bring some levity into someone's life. :) But, uh, I'm feeling dumb as a doorknob. What did I wade into? I never get all these allusions to Joe Walsh. I see them all over. Not just in this thread. So, time to bite the bullet and ask to be "educated." The guy with the Eagles? Jail? Whut? PM me or just post.
DUH.

Sean O'Gorman
09-17-05, 11:57 AM
Always happy to bring some levity into someone's life. :) But, uh, I'm feeling dumb as a doorknob. What did I wade into? I never get all these allusions to Joe Walsh. I see them all over. Not just in this thread. So, time to bite the bullet and ask to be "educated." The guy with the Eagles? Jail? Whut? PM me or just post.
DUH.

http://www.houseoflyrics.com/d/artists/joe_walsh/songs/lifes_been_good.html

indyfan31
09-17-05, 11:59 AM
No need to feel dumb. It's a line from a Joe Walsh song called "Life's been good (http://www.lyricsstyle.com/e/eagles/lifesbeengood.html) ". It's pretty funny.

Paintergeek
09-17-05, 01:47 PM
For a few seasons Joe was in "The Horn Dogs", Drew Careys' band on his sitcom.

"I live in Hotels, Tear down the walls. I have accountants, pay for it all."

devilmaster
09-17-05, 01:54 PM
nvrmnd.

quick google search and voila.

At least Joe can have a laugh at himself.... http://www.eaglesfans.com/visuals/features/upscommercial/upscommercial.htm

indyfan31
09-17-05, 01:58 PM
For a few seasons Joe was in "The Horn Dogs", Drew Careys' band on his sitcom.

"I live in Hotels, Tear down the walls. I have accountants, pay for it all."
I think the funniest part about that character was that Joe wasn't really acting! :laugh:

racer2c
09-17-05, 11:10 PM
First time I was in Hollywood, 1993, 25 years old. Drove across the country in a Chevy Van with four other guys in my band. There was only the driver seat and the passenger seat so we took turns laying across the amps in the back. 4x12 cabs are pretty comfortable if you're in the right frame of mind ;) .
First day on Sunset Strip we're looking for The Whiskey and I catch a glimpse of a Ferrari through a window with a rent me sign on the window. Like five kids at a toy store we stared through that window for what seemed like an hour. Rent a Ferrari...man!..we never heard of such a thing.

Hollywood. It sucked us in and spit us out and I'll never forget that Ferrari for rent...which reminds me of Joes' song...a great song about being a rockstar.

TravelGal
09-18-05, 01:10 AM
No need to feel dumb. It's a line from a Joe Walsh song called "Life's been good (http://www.lyricsstyle.com/e/eagles/lifesbeengood.html) ". It's pretty funny.

Ah, good song. Thanks guys. I think the result of the thread was much more interesting than the first post.

Have lots of friends in "the business." It certainly does eat you up and spit you out if you're not careful. And often even if you are.

As I drove along today I figured it must be something like this. And here I thought I was Eagles fan at one point. Very hard to keep up. They were playing harpsichords when I was little girl. ;)