PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Grand-Am pics up

Grunschev
09-13-05, 10:51 AM
http://grunschev.com/photos/dmh/2005/09a/index.html

There were upwards of 500 people there on Friday night, with perhaps 5,000 on Saturday. I really had a good time. In person the DP cars aren't nearly as ugly as they are on TV, and I kinda like the Fabcar.

The DP race had about twice the pace car as the other three races combined. I thought those guys were the good drivers, but I guess this was the bumper-car edition of the series. I was hoping to see some of the drivers I'm familiar with from other series, but these guys were invisible. I saw Gidley but Fittipaldi, Moreno, Johannson and the rest must have been hiding in their trailers. I did enjoy talking to some of the drivers of the GS and GT races.

It was the first race my son has been to. He had a blast and wants to go back next year.

Igor

pchall
09-13-05, 11:12 AM
Holy cow! Is that object in the middle high sky really Flyin' Ryan Briscoe?
http://grunschev.com/photos/dmh/2005/09a/IMG_1125.jpg

extramundane
09-13-05, 11:52 AM
The DP race had about twice the pace car as the other three races combined. I thought those guys were the good drivers, but I guess this was the bumper-car edition of the series.

The couple times I've watched a Grand-Am race this year, it's always been the seasoned pros, not the "gentlemen drivers," who drive the craziest.

Go figure.

mapguy
09-13-05, 12:19 PM
Damn, those cars are fugly.

Sean O'Gorman
09-13-05, 12:20 PM
The couple times I've watched a Grand-Am race this year, it's always been the seasoned pros, not the "gentlemen drivers," who drive the craziest.

Go figure.

They aren't the ones who have to pay the repair bill. :D

Steve99
09-13-05, 01:58 PM
[url]The DP race had about twice the pace car as the other three races combined. I thought those guys were the good drivers, but I guess this was the bumper-car edition of the series.
Did Phoenix have a figure-8 track for them to run on?

devilmaster
09-13-05, 02:08 PM
Holy enlarged member pic Batman!