PDA

View Full Version : How do you say I'm SOOOOO Sorry . . . ?

Wheel-Nut
09-12-05, 11:24 AM
Patrick Apologizes for Jump Start on Yellow
Sep 11, 7:14 PM

By RICK GANO
JOLIET, Ill. (AP) - Danica Patrick apologized Sunday for jumping the start at the end of a caution period, costing her two spots with 12 laps left in the PEAK Antifreeze Indy 300.

After starting on the pole, Patrick finished sixth - her seventh top 10 finish this season. Her late mistake hurt her chance at a first victory.

"I thought I heard 'green,"' Patrick said. "My earpieces weren't completely clear all day. What I thought was a 'green' wasn't. I don't blame myself. I'm not mad at myself for it. I mean if somebody else is sitting in fourth trying to go for a win, you thought you heard 'green,' you'd probably go, too. I was being proactive. ... I apologize for anything, any kind of repercussions that happened from that."

NismoZ
09-12-05, 11:28 AM
Tony just allowed her that one "LAST" chance. No more rookie mistakes will be overlooked.

Steve99
09-12-05, 11:46 AM
I don't blame myself. I'm not mad at myself for it.
Mistake? What mistake? :gomer:

TKGAngel
09-12-05, 12:19 PM
"She pass me under yellow! She pass me under yellow!"

Andrew Longman
09-12-05, 12:26 PM
Does anyone recall another series or race when a driver jumped a start on a restart (on an oval) and was told to simply give the positions back?

That always is a drive through or a stop and go. Or they simply wave off the start and put everyone back in place.

Huh?

Kinda nuts to try to move over at 215 and only let two cars go by.

pchall
09-12-05, 12:26 PM
She's only sorry that she didn't get away with it.

TravelGal
09-12-05, 02:14 PM
She's only sorry that she didn't get away with it.

Bingo. :rolleyes:

The best part is that she must have thought that she was SOOOOO much better than everyone else. Why, they were just standing still and she zoomed right by them! Wow!

devilmaster
09-12-05, 02:34 PM
In one of the yahoo articles, it was reported that Kanaan called her an idiot after the race, in which she defended herself by saying there were alot of idiots on the track today. (yeah, like all the ones who finished ahead of her :rolleyes:, methinks the pressure is starting to get to her and she's starting to believe the hype )

I'm still trying to figger out why they kept the same tyres on her car for something like 100 laps.

And here's a question - did they actually penalize her 2 spots? Because i don't think she gave up two spots willingly. I watched her get passed by 4 better cars and she was trying to block all of them all the way.... This talk of a "penalty" came after the race was over.....

coolhand
09-12-05, 02:40 PM
When I see Danica's car going around i imagine seeing her face under her helmut.

her eyes are wide open, she is nervous as hell and is fixated on her mirrors.

Andrew Longman
09-12-05, 04:11 PM
In one of the yahoo articles, it was reported that Kanaan called her an idiot after the race, in which she defended herself by saying there were alot of idiots on the track today. (yeah, like all the ones who finished ahead of her :rolleyes:, methinks the pressure is starting to get to her and she's starting to believe the hype )

I'm still trying to figger out why they kept the same tyres on her car for something like 100 laps.

And here's a question - did they actually penalize her 2 spots? Because i don't think she gave up two spots willingly. I watched her get passed by 4 better cars and she was trying to block all of them all the way.... This talk of a "penalty" came after the race was over.....

I didn't watch anything after the race. Immediately after the green Goodyear said "they are telling her to move two spots back" which was not a penalty but rather meant to put her back where she "belonged".

The way I saw it, she lifted a bit and moved up to let them by and nearly caused an accident because those behind her didn't expect her to slow.

In the end it caused to move at 4 spots

RacinM3
09-12-05, 04:29 PM
In one of the yahoo articles, it was reported that Kanaan called her an idiot after the race, in which she defended herself by saying there were alot of idiots on the track today.

Hahaha.....so being an idiot is ok as long as you have company.

devilmaster
09-12-05, 04:37 PM
well, here's the quote:
Pole-sitting rookie Danica Patrick, from nearby Roscoe, finished sixth in front of her hometown fans but had to fend off criticism from Kanaan, who called her an "idiot" after the race.

"There were a lot of guys I could call idiots today," Patrick said. "There's a lot going on out there and people are moving all over the place and sometimes stuff happens that you don't intend to. I thought there was a chance to win after the cars got bunched up because I was 20 feet away from the lead opposed to 200 feet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/irl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpNWEwdHMwBF9TAzk1ODYyNzM3BHNlYwN0 aA--?slug=irl15&prov=st&type=lgns

I will give the IRL stewards some props here: (I know, I know, a shocked gasp is heard amongst the offcamberites...)

I had predicted in chat, that during the last round of pit stops, they would find any reason to yellow flag the race when everyone had pitted except the rahal cars of patrick and rice. That would have put everyone else down a lap and given danica an easy chance at winning.... They didn't do something that would have ridiculed themselves forever (basically a repeat of the Tracy decision). So I'll give them small props for being on the up and up on that. :thumbup:

Opposite Lock
09-12-05, 07:25 PM
"She pass me under yellow! She pass me under yellow!"

:rofl: :thumbup:

Opposite Lock
09-12-05, 07:26 PM
Hahaha.....so being an idiot is ok as long as you have company.

Yes. That's how government works. :gomer:

Rocketdoc
09-12-05, 09:48 PM
"In one of the yahoo articles, it was reported that Kanaan called her an idiot after the race, in which she defended herself by saying there were alot of idiots on the track today."

To me, an honest rookie mistake...not even a mistake.

I know I've seen that little sniveling Michael Andretti, the lesser, do it more than once.

Kannan: a decent driver, but a too big an ego for his capabilities.

If Kannan had to run as a rookie under the microscope that Danica Patrick has had to, he'd be driving NYC cabs right now.

He's not that good.

Jervis Tetch 1
09-13-05, 12:59 AM
I enjoyed Sarah's charge to the rear and I enjoyed Danica's charge to the rear as well.

Ziggy
09-13-05, 01:16 AM
To answer the question, no I have never seen the proceedure of having a competitor move over on an oval.

They normally throw a yellow, and either align the field and or penalize the culprits

my spelling is horrible, and your milage may vary

Ziggy :D

chop456
09-13-05, 04:11 AM
Unfortunately, it seems the league is bent on dishonesty and changing the rules to manipulate the outcome of their races, otherwise they'd make their rulebook available to the public. Maybe the unannointed could see what the penalty is supposed to be - written in pencil, of course.

They're beyond desperate. :laugh:

Anyone notice that it looked like about 40% of people who'd already PAID for tickets didn't even bother to show up?