PDA

View Full Version : Montoya hit again

Hard Driver
09-12-05, 09:23 AM
Whats up with that.

Do backmarkers see a target on his car or something? Pizzonia claims Montoya braked early and then turned in when he was trying to pass him.

http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/index.html?http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/050912000431.shtml

These backmarkers need to give the leading cars room. Maybe McLaren should paint their cars red or something.

Wheel-Nut
09-12-05, 10:09 AM
Piss-onya was running on dry tires . . . I didn't get to see a good replay of the accident so who knows who was really at fault.

jonovision_man
09-12-05, 10:25 AM
Pizzonia said it was his. He thought JPM was letting him through, but then Juan turned in and he realized he wasn't. Oops.

jono

Dr. Corkski
09-12-05, 11:18 AM
Pizzonia. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

You don't see anyone running into Kimi. :gomer:

Easy
09-12-05, 11:21 AM
JPM has proven to be an expert at blowing McLaren 1-2's and handing the WDC to Freddy.

cameraman
09-12-05, 12:56 PM
Sounds to me like it never occurred to Montoya that there might be a faster car on the track. He had no idea Pizzonia was there because he does not need to check his mirrors :rolleyes: since Alonso was many seconds back.

With regards to the accident with Montoya, I was on dry tyres, and lapping quicker than him. He was quite slow maybe because his tyres were not good anymore or maybe he was just cruising to the end of the race. I thought he saw me and when he braked really early I thought he was trying to let me by. I put my car next to him but obviously he hadn’t seen me because he turned into his normal line and I couldn’t avoid the crash. I am sorry for him because I am not here to destroy anyone’s race. I destroyed my race too.

oddlycalm
09-12-05, 03:03 PM
Like Montoya or not, the situation was ridiculous. Pizzonia was on dry tires and went offline on a damp track with the only goal being to unlap himself from the 2nd place car in the closing laps of the race. It was a zero upside vs major downside move by Pizzonia in bad conditions which effected the constructors championship, which is exactly why he got fined by the stewards.

Montoya has had brain fade on numerous other occasions which is exactly why he's not any higher in points than he is, but hanging this one on him is a bad fit IMO.

oc

RacinM3
09-12-05, 04:35 PM
Yep, at a track like Spa you'd think he could have gotten a run out of one of those corners to make a clean move on Montoya. This is the first I've heard that anyone on drys was faster than anyone on intermediates yesterday, though. Up to now I thought everyone who tried it had failed miserably.

cameraman
09-12-05, 04:58 PM
After about lap 40 Klien, Pizzonia, Karthikeyan, Schumacher and possibly some others were all on dry tires.
Schumacher made a fourth pit stop 15 laps later by which time dry tyres were clearly faster. He set the fastest lap of the race by almost a full second as he only just failed to snatch sixth place from Jacques Villeneuve’s Sauber Petronas as the chequered flag fell.

The fast laps tell much of the tale:

01 R. Schumacher Toyota 1:51.453 lap 43
02 M. Webber Williams 1:52.287 lap 44
03 C. Klien Red Bull Racing 1:52.582 lap 43
04 R. Barrichello Ferrari 1:52.590 lap 44
05 J. Button BAR 1:53.323 lap 44
06 K. Raikkonen McLaren 1:53.810 lap 34
07 J. Villeneuve Sauber 1:54.251 lap 44
08 N. Karthikeyan Jordan 1:55.885 lap 43
09 J. P. Montoya McLaren 1:55.988 lap 14
10 F. Alonso Renault 1:56.131 lap 31

Jervis Tetch 1
09-13-05, 12:55 AM
Maybe he's a wanker magnet.

coolhand
09-13-05, 03:49 AM
Ron Dennis paid pizzonia to do that to montoya.

indyfan31
09-13-05, 10:11 AM
Like Montoya or not, the situation was ridiculous. Pizzonia was on dry tires and went offline on a damp track with the only goal being to unlap himself from the 2nd place car in the closing laps of the race.
oc
Where did you see all of this? The replays didn't show it.

oddlycalm
09-13-05, 02:54 PM
Where did you see all of this? The replays didn't show it. I didn't have to see it, it came out of Pizzonia's mouth.
Pizzonia - "He was braking quite early into every corner," he said. "I thought he saw me and was trying to let me by. So I put the car next to him and he did his normal line so obviously he didn't see me. We know the following:
a) Pizzonia had just come out of the pit on dry tires on that same lap
b) Montoya was on the racing line according to Pizzonia, hence Pizzonia was offline
c) The track was still visibly damp at the time of the contact which anyone could see
d) Pizzonia was a lap down
e) The race was 4 laps from the end
f) The stewards fined Pizzonia
g) Pizzonia passing Montoya would not effect the finishing order

Montoya's sin in all this was that he was driving very conservatively with a big cushion between himself and third place Alonso four laps from the finish of the race.
Pizzonia says he is sorry (http://www.autosport-atlas.com/news.aspx?id=46918&s=5)

oc

indyfan31
09-13-05, 04:02 PM
I'm not assessing blame, it sounds like an accident from Pizzonia's description; Montoya wasn't looking or didn't see Pizzonia coming up and Pizzonia misunderstood Montoya's actions.
That said, isn't JPM one of those drivers that complains the loudest about backmarkers not acting predictably when being passed?

Michaelhatesfans
09-13-05, 04:45 PM
That said, isn't JPM one of those drivers that complains the loudest about backmarkers not acting predictably when being passed?
Wasn't Pizzonia the same guy who misjudged a corner so badly that he rolled a new Jag through a gravel trap with some poor fan onboard?
:cool:

jonovision_man
09-13-05, 06:45 PM
Wasn't Pizzonia the same guy who misjudged a corner so badly that he rolled a new Jag through a gravel trap with some poor fan onboard?
:cool:

yes... although I think it was a reporter.

Michaelhatesfans
09-13-05, 10:07 PM
yes... although I think it was a reporter.
Brilliant in-car video. :laugh: