PDA

View Full Version : Drunk Driving again.......

JohnHKart
09-12-05, 05:23 AM
I had a recent thread about drunk driving.....I got hit by a drunk in 1989....but thankfully it was a slow speed crash and he just ran into a car door (and that car was already a demoliton derby vet anyway) . Now yesterday my brother was headed home from celebrating his 30th birthday (he wasn't the drunk) for the second time as he forgot his cdplayer at his brother's (they are twins) and had to go back and get it....Then some drunk kid makes a uturn in front of him at the last second and my brother tbones the idiot. Thankfully no injuries....the jackass blew a 9 and was hauled off to jail by Orange PD. My brother's 92 Altima is probably totalled.....on his frickin B-Day!!!! The good news is the guy had insurance, and it's his dad's car who ultimately will be responsible. That kid's in some deep stuff now.

John

chop456
09-12-05, 06:22 AM
I had a recent thread about drunk driving.....I got hit by a drunk in 1989....but thankfully it was a slow speed crash and he just ran into a car door (and that car was already a demoliton derby vet anyway) . Now yesterday my brother was headed home from celebrating his 30th birthday (he wasn't the drunk) for the second time as he forgot his cdplayer at his brother's (they are twins) and had to go back and get it....Then some drunk kid makes a uturn in front of him at the last second and my brother tbones the idiot. Thankfully no injuries....the jackass blew a 9 and was hauled off to jail by Orange PD. My brother's 92 Altima is probably totalled.....on his frickin B-Day!!!! The good news is the guy had insurance, and it's his dad's car who ultimately will be responsible. That kid's in some deep stuff now.

John

I'd like to suggest that perhaps it's YOU that are drunk and fabricated this whole story, based upon the following facts:

1) 1993 was the first year for the Altima.

2) You referred to your brother's brother as "his brother" instead of "my other brother", meaning that:
a) Your "brother" is really a step or half-brother, yet you called him your brother anyway.
b) You're lying, and actually have no brother.
c) You're trying to confuse stupid people like me.

3) The kid blew a 9? This is approximately 112 times the legal limit of .08
Either:
a) You're lying.
b) The kid was actually dead while driving the car
c) You accidentally forgot the zero and decimal point

4) There is no mention of:
a) Your gig yesterday
b) David Coverdale
c) Deep Purple's Glenn Hughes

I rest my case. ;)

(All joking aside, I'm glad your brother's okay and I hope he gets a decent settlement. If they don't offer him a fair deal, don't let him sign off on it. The values of "economy" cars have jumped in the last month and so will his replacement cost, obviously. Don't be afraid to lawyer up!)

The most expensive cab ride is cheaper than a DUI.

RaceGrrl
09-12-05, 09:13 AM
I'm glad to hear your brother is okay. I work with a bunch of people who drive drunk on a regular basis because "it's only two miles to my house." I dread the day that one of them causes an accident.

JohnHKart
09-12-05, 05:32 PM
I'd like to suggest that perhaps it's YOU that are drunk and fabricated this whole story, based upon the following facts:

2) You referred to your brother's brother as "his brother" instead of "my other brother", meaning that:
a) Your "brother" is really a step or half-brother, yet you called him your brother anyway.
b) You're lying, and actually have no brother.
c) You're trying to confuse stupid people like me.

3) The kid blew a 9? This is approximately 112 times the legal limit of .08
Either:
a) You're lying.
b) The kid was actually dead while driving the car
c) You accidentally forgot the zero and decimal point

4) There is no mention of:
a) Your gig yesterday
b) David Coverdale
c) Deep Purple's Glenn Hughes

I rest my case. ;)

(All joking aside, I'm glad your brother's okay and I hope he gets a decent settlement. If they don't offer him a fair deal, don't let him sign off on it. The values of "economy" cars have jumped in the last month and so will his replacement cost, obviously. Don't be afraid to lawyer up!)

The most expensive cab ride is cheaper than a DUI.

That is funny......I suck at numbers and math....I did write .09 then got mixed up....I drank two beers yesterday but that was at least 8 hours before I wrote this. You are also on top of stuff......it is a 94 Altima. Thanks didn't know that about those cars. Thanks for the advice also.

John

CARTNUT
09-13-05, 01:24 AM
I work with a bunch of people who drive drunk on a regular basis because "it's only two miles to my house."

What does that say about YOU??? :saywhat:

(Can I get drunk and come over too?) :p

'NUT :gomer:

B3RACER1a
09-13-05, 12:47 PM

LOL :rofl: I was just about to jump on that. I drive a 94.

Glad your brother is ok. Hopefully the kid will wake up and realize he's an idiot and get stuff straightened out.

BTW, were your brother's headlight lenses as fogged (sun damaged) as bad as mine are? :mad:

chop456
09-13-05, 12:54 PM
I had a '93. :D

B3RACER1a
09-13-05, 01:15 PM
Haha, I have the NEWER exhaust! :D

chop456
09-13-05, 01:18 PM
I had the bitchin' heads-up display!

:burn: :gomer:

:D

:hijack: