PDA

View Full Version : Australian Pink Floyd?

cart7
09-11-05, 09:59 PM
WTF, was channel surfing and ran across a concert on the local PBS. It sounded like Pink Floyd but that wasn't Gilmore or Waters on stage. The song ended and it turned out this was part of the PBS fund drive. They had a pair of front row seats up for auction starting at $250! :eek:

What's the deal on these guys? I found their website and they've been around awhile, are they any good? $125 a ticket good??

racer2c
09-11-05, 10:05 PM
I LOVE ripoff bands! Where do I get tickets!!!!!!!!

cart7
09-12-05, 09:35 AM
Here's their website. Link (http://www.aussiefloyd.com/)

They ran a few more songs after I posted. They sound amazingly like the real deal. Not sure I'd pay $125 for a front row seat to hear a tribute band though.

racer2c
09-12-05, 10:52 AM
Oh, I thought you meant Coldplay. :)

stroker
09-13-05, 11:55 AM
WTF, was channel surfing and ran across a concert on the local PBS. It sounded like Pink Floyd but that wasn't Gilmore or Waters on stage. The song ended and it turned out this was part of the PBS fund drive. They had a pair of front row seats up for auction starting at $250! :eek:

What's the deal on these guys? I found their website and they've been around awhile, are they any good? $125 a ticket good??

I saw that too! Had them down to the backup singers. Sounded good, but I'm not sure I'd spend that coin to see the REAL PF again...

Supposed to be in St. Louis in a month or two, IIRC..