PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 1

devilmaster
09-11-05, 05:34 PM
Great Panthers/Saints game.... alot of emotion, and some good up the middle, smashmouth football....

Watchin my Lions (okay, prayin for my Lions)... should be a good game tonite too.....

EDwardo
09-11-05, 06:59 PM
KC Chiefs 27 - NY Jets 7

But. 4 starters for the Chiefs injured. And I bet Herm made a classic post game rant in the Jets locker room. The Chiefs looked pretty good but the Jets stunk up the place.

dando
09-11-05, 07:51 PM
What the heck is a Cannucklehead doin' starting a thread about the NFL? :gomer: :D

Top 10 surprises of weekend #1 (so far):

#1 49ers over Lambs (huh?)
#2 Lions (meow) over The Pack (eh?)
#3 The Brownies scored a TD! :gomer:
#4 Houston, we have a problem.
#5 Tennessee!?! Was that Iowa vs. Iowa St. redu? (kisses, JT)
#6 KC and the Sunshine Band over Jet? (I can hear Herm Ed now)
#7 TB over Vikes in MN? (so much for improved post-Moss)
#8 The Brownies scored a TD. ;-)
#9 NE w/o Weiss and Crennell?!?
#10 f00boy dint pass out @ the OSU/UT Classic! (oh wait, that's another thread)

EDIT: I did forget one mention: WHO DEY!!!

-Kevin

devilmaster
09-11-05, 08:04 PM
What the heck is a Cannucklehead doin' starting a thread about the NFL? :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Couldn't wait for you to recover from the weekend to start the thread.... hell, I half figgered you died of embarassment from the OSU loss..... :gomer: :D

dando
09-11-05, 09:39 PM
Couldn't wait for you to recover from the weekend to start the thread.... hell, I half figgered you died of embarassment from the OSU loss..... :gomer: :D
Died? I've been through far worse...like being #1 and losing to U/M or MSU. UT, well them boyz have been through enough the past five years, eh? GO OU (aka: UT north)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! :gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
09-12-05, 01:17 AM
Wow! The Colts actually have a defense! :eek:

:thumbup:

dando
09-12-05, 11:30 PM
Wow! The Colts actually have a defense! :eek:

:thumbup:
Me = genius (for selecting the Dolts D for FFL) :D

-Kevin

Dr. Corkski
09-12-05, 11:35 PM
Unless the Colts are playing against Kyle Boller every game, no one knows whether they actually have a defense. :gomer:

dando
09-12-05, 11:47 PM
Unless the Colts are playing against Kyle Boller every game, no one knows whether they actually have a defense. :gomer:
Corky, check their schedule:

2 Sun, Sep 18 Jacksonville
3 Sun, Sep 25 Cleveland
4 Sun, Oct 2 at Tennessee
5 Sun, Oct 9 at San Francisco
6 Mon, Oct 17 St. Louis
7 Sun, Oct 23 at Houston
8 BYE WEEK
9 Mon, Nov 7 at New England
10 Sun, Nov 13 Houston
11 Sun, Nov 20 at Cincinnati
12 Mon, Nov 28 Pittsburgh
13 Sun, Dec 4 Tennessee
14 Sun, Dec 11 at Jacksonville
15 Sun, Dec 18 San Diego
16 Sat, Dec 24 at Seattle
17 Sun, Jan 1 Arizona

Cripes, week 9 and 11 are the toughest on their schedule. OK, maybe week 15, 2.

-Kevin

RusH
09-12-05, 11:49 PM
.........and no mention of the Fins trashing Denver....hmmm.

:D

dando
09-12-05, 11:52 PM
.........and no mention of the Fins trashing Denver....hmmm.

:DDenver....drafted MC13, right? Traded for or signed most of the Brownies starting DL from last year (Courtney Brown out again w/an injury), 'Champ' Bailey out with a sep. shoulder? Next? :gomer:

-Kevin

Hard Driver
09-13-05, 10:36 AM
Eagles didn't look so good.

Falcons looked pretty good.

WickerBill
09-13-05, 12:16 PM
Plummer gave up more points than the Broncos D. Plummer is in a position generally regarded as an "offensive" position; i.e. he's supposed to score points.

The big issue is QB. Never more than a wildcard team with Plummer in there.

Where have you gone, John Elway? Our team turns it's lowly eyes to you. Ooh ooh ooh. I know you're 44 years old, John Elway, but you're still the best QB on the payroll today. Hey hey hey.

nrc
09-13-05, 12:34 PM
Palmer leading the AFC, Thurman and Pollack lead the team in tackles. Draft day is no longer a nightmare for Bengals fans.

devilmaster
09-13-05, 12:47 PM
Draft day is no longer a nightmare for Bengals fans.

Game day then? ;)

nrc
09-13-05, 01:01 PM
Game day then? ;)

:D Looking pretty good these days. It's hard to judge against the Browns, but the opening day choke didn't happen and they took it as another day at the office instead of something to celebrate.

indyfan31
09-13-05, 01:09 PM
When did the 49'ers pick up a defense? I watched the last pre season games and they were practically high-fiving the opposing team on their way to the endzone. If this keeps up I might have to display my Niners pennant NEXT to my Angels pennant ... as opposed to UNDER it.

devilmaster
09-13-05, 02:05 PM
I still think the flowers I sent to Brett Favre, thanking him and his team for giving the Lions the win, just wasn't a good enough thank you....

God knows the Lions tried to give the win right back to them too.

DjDrOmusic
09-13-05, 04:52 PM
GAWD this is going to be a painful and long season.....I guess being a Browns fan though I'm used to it! :rolleyes:

WickerBill
09-13-05, 08:03 PM
DJ, I was impressed with the Brownies. They don't have superior talent at all (thank your boy Butch for that), but at least on Sunday all the guys seemed to know where they were supposed to be, and they really played the Bengals tough for 40 minutes plus.

Now, I don't know if that translates to 8 wins, but I think Romeo is going to do well once he gets some more talent.

dando
09-14-05, 12:17 AM
Game day then? ;)
Oh, the Lions fan chirps up....where's Barry Sanders these days, hoser? :gomer: :D

-Kevin

dando
09-14-05, 12:24 AM
DJ, I was impressed with the Brownies. They don't have superior talent at all (thank your boy Butch for that), but at least on Sunday all the guys seemed to know where they were supposed to be, and they really played the Bengals tough for 40 minutes plus.

Now, I don't know if that translates to 8 wins, but I think Romeo is going to do well once he gets some more talent.
WB, you saw something diff'rent than I did. I saw coaching mistakes, a QB prone to mistakes, and a D that is razor thin depth-wise. Yes, the Brownies did not quit, but they've been known to start fast the past couple of years, only to fall off by mid-season. The question here will be whether Romeo can keep their hearts and minds through week 8. I suspect they are too thin to compete through week 9. Possible 0-3 (@GB and @Indy coming up) going into the bye week will be telling. Dilfer doesn't have the D to rely on like he did in Bmore. Frye will see time @ QB sometime this season.

-Kevin

IlliniRacer
09-14-05, 12:56 PM
Gotta love the Rammies "New and Improved" Special Teams: :shakehead

Opening kickoff - step out of bounds at your own 1 yd line.
33 yd avg on Punts
Give up a 76 yd punt return for a TD.

Obviously Special Teams refers to "Short-Bus Special" Teams.

Also, why in the h*** is Rex Tucker still in the NFL?

Ankf00
09-18-05, 03:34 PM
Joey Harrington.

is THE SUCK

4 years, accomplished jack ****. And every time something bad happens he bitches, it's the WR's fault, it's the O-line's fault, the defense are world class... with the best young WR corps in the league AND marcus pollard, he's got no excuses, Orton's light years better and he's on a worse team.

devilmaster
09-18-05, 03:44 PM
Joey Harrington.

is THE SUCK

4 years, accomplished jack ****. And every time something bad happens he bitches, it's the WR's fault, it's the O-line's fault, the defense are world class... with the best young WR corps in the league AND marcus pollard, he's got no excuses, Orton's light years better and he's on a worse team.

oh please. :rolleyes:

I ain't no harrington defender, but there is no o-line. he can't count to 3 without being heavily pressured or sacked. This is a detroit team who hasn't won a championship since the mid 50's, has won only 1 postseason game since. Harrington was Mornhinwheg's boy, Garcia is Mooch's boy. They had a chance at a few big name QB's that they didn't want to bother with. And more and more, I don't think it matters what QB you put out there.

I've been a detroit fan all my life. I've seen it all. This is a franchise that ruins careers, plain and simple.

Oh yeah, brown should be fined and suspended for a game. Blowout and you throw helmet to helmet on a defenceless reciever?

Dr. Corkski
09-18-05, 04:21 PM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nfl/2005/0918/photo/g_delhomme_372.jpg

Del Homme > Brady. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

indyfan31
09-18-05, 04:36 PM
When did the 49'ers pick up a defense? I watched the last pre season games and they were practically high-fiving the opposing team on their way to the endzone. If this keeps up I might have to display my Niners pennant NEXT to my Angels pennant ... as opposed to UNDER it.
Eagles 42
49ers 3

... never mind. :shakehead

dando
09-18-05, 05:41 PM
oh please. :rolleyes:

I ain't no harrington defender, but there is no o-line. he can't count to 3 without being heavily pressured or sacked. This is a detroit team who hasn't won a championship since the mid 50's, has won only 1 postseason game since. Harrington was Mornhinwheg's boy, Garcia is Mooch's boy. They had a chance at a few big name QB's that they didn't want to bother with. And more and more, I don't think it matters what QB you put out there.

I've been a detroit fan all my life. I've seen it all. This is a franchise that ruins careers, plain and simple.

Oh yeah, brown should be fined and suspended for a game. Blowout and you throw helmet to helmet on a defenceless reciever?
Aye. I've lived close to the black hole of suckage for 30+ years, and not even the greats like Barry Sanders and Chris Spielman :) could save the Lions. Anyone who read too much into last week's win over GB is in for a fall. IMHO, based on the NFC North's performance thus far, this division could well be the NL West of the NFL. Vikes lose 37-8 in Cincy, and it could (should) have been worse than that? :eek: Jeepers! Browns lead The Pack @ the half 13-7?!? The stench of suck is like when the Big 12 bandwagon rode into town last weekend. :gomer:

Who Dey!

-Kevin

G.
09-20-05, 01:11 PM
Crap.

Da Bears put together an offensive powerhouse of a game with crushing D. I thought I was going to have Sunday afternoons free this season...

dando
09-20-05, 04:23 PM
Crap.

Da Bears put together an offensive powerhouse of a game with crushing D. I thought I was going to have Sunday afternoons free this season...
No worries. The Bengals will set the record straight this weekend. May your weekends be uncluttered after this Sun. :)

Who Dey!

:D

-Kevin

Insomniac
09-21-05, 09:59 AM
http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nfl/2005/0918/photo/g_delhomme_372.jpg

Del Homme > Brady. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Please...

Ankf00
09-21-05, 10:32 AM
Boston sucks :p