PDA

View Full Version : A1GP on TV

High Sided
09-11-05, 01:27 PM
I wrote the site and here's the response.

Thank you for your interest in A1 Grand Prix.

A1 Grand Prix will have worldwide television coverage through a network of
broadcast deals that our Head of Television, Richard Dorfman is working on.
Eight television deals which collectively cover nearly 300 million
households have been announced so far and additional deals have been signed but are waiting public announcement. An announcement is still pending with regard to US TV coverage.

Keep checking our website for new announcements!

Best regards,

A1 Grand Prix

NismoZ
09-11-05, 01:36 PM
Gee...and the race is on the 25th? They better hurry!

coolhand
09-11-05, 02:25 PM
they think they are F1.

I heard that the Aussie Representative was telling the aussie media that They would reach 4 billion worldwide with their TV coverage. i dont think there is 4 billion on the globe.

High Sided
09-11-05, 03:08 PM
as long as they are good races and we can view them will make for a good off season. If done right a new series could bring some good racing :thumbup:

NismoZ
09-11-05, 04:29 PM
Rumors swirling at Chicagoland...Kanaan may do 5 A1 races, Herta may be added to US team (coach only?)...help me, at 550hp and lighter, should these cars be faster than an IRL dog around a road course?

NismoZ
09-11-05, 04:33 PM
Now, ch, the guy had a cold, it just SOUNDED like a "b". Plus, I think he used the word "potential." Can't blame a guy for dreaming. :)

oddlycalm
09-11-05, 05:56 PM
I heard that the Aussie Representative was telling the aussie media that They would reach 4 billion worldwide with their TV coverage. i dont think there is 4 billion on the globe. Yep, delusions of grandure for certain. They will be doing very well if they can match GP2 in terms of either lap times or viewing audience.

BTW, global population is 6.45 billion (http://www.geohive.com/global/world.php), but once you get past 4 billion what's another 60%...? ;) Maybe A1GP saw the raw population numbers and figured there was room in the market... :confused:

oc

Easy
09-12-05, 11:53 AM
Probably meant 4 billion impressions. Not 4 billion different people watching.