PDA

View Full Version : What's a series to do without its stars?

pchall
09-11-05, 11:14 AM
Looking in the morning paper I notice that Jeffy Gordon and St. Dale, Jr. didn't make the cut. :rofl:

cart7
09-11-05, 11:47 AM
:cry:

Winston Wolfe
09-11-05, 11:58 AM
Looks like Jeffy's crew chief, Loomis, is gonna take the fall for this one.

He was quoted in some article stating that his priorities were "racing, family and God", and he had to re-balance his life to something more like "God, family, and racing"..... his Mom has been sick, and he has been missing b-days, Mom's Day, etc. Sounds like he is outta there !

Poor Jeffy, and poor mid-pack talent driver with a good last name driving great equipment. Maybe it'll effect merchandise sales at the trailers !!!! Next year, they'll have to allow a "wild Card" where the fans can "vote in" their favorite actor, errrr..... I mean "character"...... errrrrr, I mean DRIVER !

Sean O'Gorman
09-11-05, 12:18 PM
NASCAR has plenty of stars, I'm sure they'll survive the last ten races. :rolleyes:

Eagle104
09-11-05, 01:49 PM
Maybe they'll tell Nascar to shove it and come race in the Irl where they probably want to be, anyway.

(wait..what forum am i logged into???)

lol

TKGAngel
09-11-05, 06:16 PM
Looking in the morning paper I notice that Jeffy Gordon and St. Dale, Jr. didn't make the cut. :rofl:

Oh, well life goes on. Jeffy and Dale are still going to make a multi-million dollar paycheck.

Did anyone see Truex's wild ride during the Busch race? During his post-wreck interviews he definitely showed that he was a graduate of the Dale Jr. School of Whining.

Wheel-Nut
09-12-05, 10:07 AM
If you think Jeffy is upset he didn't make the cut, just think how his ex-wife feels!!

Cam
09-12-05, 10:22 AM
If you think Jeffy is upset he didn't make the cut, just think how his ex-wife feels!!

Brooke still has her hand in his wallet? :eek:

Wheel-Nut
09-12-05, 10:28 AM
^^ I don't know if she is still getting compensated but if she had a good lawyer she still does.

Accipiter
09-12-05, 10:43 AM
Did anyone see Truex's wild ride during the Busch race? During his post-wreck interviews he definitely showed that he was a graduate of the Dale Jr. School of Whining.

Just desserts for hitting everything that moved in the IROC race.

racer2c
09-12-05, 11:00 AM
As mainstream as NASCAR is now...even their retarded 'playoffs' are overshadowed by the NFL. Maybe they need to make some more NFL ripoff movies that dramatically show how really undramatic four hours of going in circles really is.

Andrew Longman
09-12-05, 12:53 PM
As mainstream as NASCAR is now...even their retarded 'playoffs' are overshadowed by the NFL. Maybe they need to make some more NFL ripoff movies that dramatically show how really undramatic four hours of going in circles really is.

Case in point... The race finished too late to get in my Sunday newspaper. Today's sports section was dominated by Giants, Jets, and Yankee coverage.

Racing got 1/5th of a page and covered the F1, IRL and local dirt results from Sunday. No Nascar. And Nascar is as big as racing gets in these parts, but by Monday it was old news.

pchall
09-12-05, 01:04 PM
Brooke still has her hand in his wallet? :eek:

Even Jeffy eventually has to pay for a woman's hand in his pants front. ;)

Stu
09-12-05, 02:02 PM

France was on Rome last week. Talked about how he doesn't want to compete with the NFL, but work around it. He never expects ratings to match theirs.

But its not just NASCAR that's playoffs get overshadowed. MLB regular season games overshadow NHL, and even NBA post season.

racer2c
09-12-05, 02:09 PM
France was on Rome last week. Talked about how he doesn't want to compete with the NFL, but work around it. He never expects ratings to match theirs.

But its not just NASCAR that's playoffs get overshadowed. MLB regular season games overshadow NHL, and even NBA post season.

He's a forked tongue liein' ******* too. NASCAR is falling all over themselves to compate with the NFL. Now they are emulating the NFL model down to the finest detail. The fisrt time I saw one of their 'NASCAR' 'Behind the Wheel' "movies" on Speed, with it's NFL editing and narration I about fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

France Jr. has gone on the record many times that his vision for NASCAR is to be the most popular series in the world, not just America.

devilmaster
09-12-05, 02:41 PM
Maybe they need to make some more NFL ripoff movies that dramatically show how really undramatic four hours of going in circles really is.

:laugh:

I saw a couple of those NASCAR 'NFL Films' ripoffs..... I gotta admit, they ripped it off exactly.

And I never was a big fan of NFL films to begin with. Too cheezy for football, maybe better for baseball, with its nostalgia. But not for NASCAR.... I really don't want to look at fatback mcswain on digital video... what makes anyone think I wanna watch him on 35mm?

Stu
09-12-05, 05:02 PM
He's a forked tongue liein' ******* too. NASCAR is falling all over themselves to compate with the NFL. Now they are emulating the NFL model down to the finest detail. The fisrt time I saw one of their 'NASCAR' 'Behind the Wheel' "movies" on Speed, with it's NFL editing and narration I about fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard.

France Jr. has gone on the record many times that his vision for NASCAR is to be the most popular series in the world, not just America.

All I am saying is, I heard him on the air saying he never expected ratings to surpass the NFL. But why are you getting so bent out of shape about this? The guy wants to make his the most watched sport in the USA, that seems to be a pretty good goal to set. I think he just realizes that he is gonna have to work around NASCAR, rather than go head to head with them. Have more night races when football isn't on, that type of stuff.

Rocketdoc
09-12-05, 09:53 PM
"Maybe they'll tell Nascar to shove it and come race in the Irl where they probably want to be, anyway.

(wait..what forum am i logged into???)"

Exactly what planet are you on?

Jeff Gordon is arguably, the best pilot in NASCAR today.
That includes better than Stewart and the new draft of kids.

He's the only one that is near the late Dale Earnhardt in oval ability, and he's better than Dale was on road cources.

Just my opinion.