PDA

View Full Version : So Much for that Opportunity....

L1P1
09-07-05, 09:07 PM
Reality TV or Infomercial? You be the judge.

Jervis Tetch 1
09-07-05, 09:27 PM
And which opportunity would that be? :confused:

L1P1
09-07-05, 09:35 PM
Race Car Driver. The 'Reality' TV show on WGN. The premier episode just aired and there's no reality to it. Just a splicing together of otherwise unused video.

Jervis Tetch 1
09-07-05, 09:37 PM
Race Car Driver. The 'Reality' TV show on WGN. The premier episode just aired and there's no reality to it. Just a splicing together of otherwise unused video.Ah...You know I want to see it. Guess I'll have to wait until then and then I'll answer your question.

fourrunner
09-07-05, 09:39 PM
Well done .. Nice PR for both the Drivers and the Series ...

beats MOST of the Crap on TV !

racer2c
09-07-05, 09:48 PM
I would have watched it but my cable company offers only 945 digital channels...no WGN. :(

coolhand
09-07-05, 10:17 PM
i could only caught the last 10 minutes, but they will reair that episode on Saterday around 3.

formulaben
09-08-05, 12:14 AM
i could only caught the last 10 minutes, but they will reair that episode on Saterday around 3.

Tivo. Do it.

Robstar
09-08-05, 03:10 AM
beats MOST of the Crap on TV !

Agreed :thumbup:

cart7
09-08-05, 07:48 AM
There shoulda been more behind the scenes stuff with Tracy and the bunch rather than the PR junk for the series. I was expecting an appearance from ,,,,, ala Stephen King, when they were doing the scenes from PT's Mum & Dads house. Dad's got quite a collection of cars. Loved the old man's excuses for not letting Paul take the Jag out for a spin. "Not enough insurance", "The brakes are sticking" :laugh:

Chitowncartfreak
09-08-05, 08:10 AM
I would have watched it but my cable company offers only 945 digital channels...no WGN. :(

WGN in Chicago didn't show it either - only the cable version of WGN. :flame:

jonovision_man
09-08-05, 08:35 AM
Going by the number of people who couldn't see this, it's hard to see how this would have much value to the series. Viewership must have been really low.

jono

mueber
09-08-05, 08:39 AM
I liked it and am looking forward to future shows.

PR efforts, what a great idea.

G.
09-08-05, 10:44 AM
Caught most of the 2nd episode (Dish Network, ch 239). It was a "day in the life", not the new definition of "reality" shows. Not one damn bug was eaten as far as I can tell.

I liked the team plans to "block" out Kermit in Long Beach. Didn't work, though, did it?

I miss that ****.

Easy
09-08-05, 10:58 AM
It's an infomercial. Nearly every commercial was from a company directly controlled by or in some way related to Forsythe or Kalkhoven and the last commercial was a sponsorship pitch from Forsythe Racing.

If it works great, its certainly not as blatant as Allianz's F1 show.

TKGAngel
09-08-05, 12:15 PM
Caught most of the 2nd episode (Dish Network, ch 239). It was a "day in the life", not the new definition of "reality" shows. Not one damn bug was eaten as far as I can tell.

Next up...Champcar Fear-Factor. See SeeBass eat a bug. See drivers get locked in port-a-potties and have to fight their way out.

Wabbit
09-08-05, 01:24 PM
Can't find it on Bittorrent yet. Must have real good ratings.

Ozarkian
09-08-05, 02:14 PM
See SeeBass eat a bug.

I thought the French liked that kind of stuff ... :gomer:

Andrew Longman
09-08-05, 02:17 PM
I caught it. I enjoyed it. Not what I expected, but I hadn't really thought about it.

I would have liked to see more behind the scene stuff and less of what I already know, but compelling behind the scene stuff cannot be predicted unless it is orchestrated such as it is on real "reality" shows.

Yes there is tremendous drama over a race weekend, it just doesn't always happen when there is a camera crew around.

tllips
09-08-05, 03:26 PM

I thought that maybe since WGN Chicago wouldn't have a WB conflict on Saturday, they might show the re-air. But no! A Mutant X rerun is more important. :(

Anyway, My Tivo was able to get it off DirecTV and I enjoyed it.

CART T. Katz
09-08-05, 03:26 PM
undisputedly much better than dangerous curves.

but then again, is that really saying much?

maybe we can get some races on dubya-gee-enn or another race somewhere in the chicago area next season even if it is in joliet. i think that the wgn people can provide a pretty good partnership those sundays when they don't have a sunday cubs game; they are on cable, but a hell of a lot more people have wgn superstation than do speed.

Wabbit
09-08-05, 04:01 PM
but a hell of a lot more people have wgn superstation than do speed.

Not I.

JohnHKart
09-08-05, 04:33 PM
I watched a little bit of it because I had to go to sleep but I was very impressed and enjoyed what I saw. Cart needs something like this. I will watch the rest later on tape.

John

TravelGal
09-08-05, 04:36 PM
Not I.

Not I either.

rabbit
09-08-05, 06:10 PM
Cart needs something like this.
John
Cart? What's Cart? :confused:

cart7
09-08-05, 08:05 PM
Can't find it on Bittorrent yet. Must have real good ratings.

Well, I don't think it's going to be a water cooler show, or is that a coffee machine show.