PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Parts of RA's Statements

chop456
03-14-03, 09:23 PM
There have been a couple things bothering me since I received my e-mail reply from RA. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, see what you think.

We had every expectation that CART would race here
for at least the final year on its contract.

It makes no sense for Road America not to make a
big deal about the last year on a contract and to
have the series go out with a big finale. It would
be good for both CART and Road America--this
makes no sense.

1) Besides the akward wording of the second paragraph, it seems strange.

Why would the last year of the contract be any different than any other year which was the last of it's contract? A big finale? Who intended it to be a finale?

Road America looks bad right now, and we can't go into
details about the finances, but I think you'll be
surprised when the information comes to light in the trial.

"Trial" obviously means "lack of settlement" ;) , (I didn't even go to law school!) Whether this was just poor wording again, or RA has no intention of attempting to settle, I don't know.

Again, probably just nothing, but this has me so pissed off I'm getting more delusional than usual.

Railbird
03-14-03, 09:27 PM
If CART wants to race at America's grandest roadcourse they are going to have to make it happen themselves.

Nothing more, nothing less.

chop456
03-14-03, 09:33 PM
I agree. Unfortunately, setting a precedent by virtually giving your product away isn't the way to do things. I would imagine there were 15 other promoters watching this with their tongues wagging. Their mouths are probably shut now.

It's a tough spot, indeed. Believe me, NO ONE loves RA more than me. Remember when you met me there this Summer and I had a big smile on my face? That's not what I usually llook like. ;)

If it was simply a Pook decision to get away from the RA/MO/Portlands, it's a huge mistake in this race fan's eyes.

Railbird
03-14-03, 10:59 PM
Remember when you met me there this Summer and I had a big smile on my face? That's not what I usually llook like.

Trust me, away from the racetrack I'm not the least bit warm and fuzzy, I understand.

Completely off topic:

I have to ask you something chop, do you play any musical instruments and have you ever been to Belle Isle?

chop456
03-15-03, 01:38 AM
I've never been to Belle Isle.

I do play drums, and a little guitar and bass. I'm equally crappy at all three.

Napoleon
03-15-03, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by chop456
I agree. Unfortunately, setting a precedent by virtually giving your product away isn't the way to do things. I would imagine there were 15 other promoters watching this with their tongues wagging. Their mouths are probably shut now.

I think this is the heart of the matter. It appears that CART's subsidy programs have all been designed so that everyone participates equally. That appears to be how the program for the teams works, and the co-promotional program for certain venues. It makes a lot of sense to do it that way because if you do not you are essentially bargaining against yourself, which is the last thing you ever want to be doing. If Pook suddenly cuts a better deal for one venue everyone will want the same deal. It looks like RA wanted a deal beter then everyone elses.