PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Gilligan.

Cam
09-06-05, 03:55 PM
Bob Denver. Lazing in the big hammock in the sky..... Linky (http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/09/06/denver.obit.ap/index.html) :(

RaceGrrl
09-06-05, 04:06 PM
RIP, little buddy. :(

nrc
09-06-05, 04:12 PM
Watching Gilligan after school was always much more fun than home work. RIP, little buddy.

indyfan31
09-06-05, 04:29 PM
This is very sad. I realize we all get old, but I'll always see him as a skinny guy in a red shirt and a big smile.

fourrunner
09-06-05, 05:17 PM
As Silly as that show was (Gilligan's Island) , I used to watch it every week ... Always something to chuckle at!

Prior to Gilligan, He was also "Maynard G. Krebs" the Beatnik friend of "Dobie Gillis" , which was a pretty "Hip" show for it's time. And I think a better role for Denver .... I think he made more from the Reunions & the Conventions than he ever made from the actual show!
But that's a Good thing since he was forever typecast as Gilligan ... I remember an interview where he said he was originally "bitter" at not being able to get "meaningful" work after Gilligan, But he said eventually he came to terms with it, and became wealthy "playing" Gilligan the rest of his life !

Seeya "Little Buddy" !! :(

Cam
09-06-05, 05:51 PM
Prior to Gilligan, He was also "Maynard G. Krebs" the Beatnik friend of "Dobie Gillis"

Some Bob Denver trivia on that note. What was the "G" in Maynards' name?

fourrunner
09-06-05, 06:02 PM
Some Bob Denver trivia on that note. What was the "G" in Maynards' name?

Sorry Cam ... I cheated, but some fun reading here!

http://www.fortunecity.com/meltingpot/lawrence/153/krebs.html

emjaya
09-06-05, 07:07 PM
I still know all the words to the theme song to Gilligan's island.

R.I.P Little buddy

:saywhat: Jonas Grumby,the skipper had a name???

Jervis Tetch 1
09-06-05, 08:32 PM
I still know all the words to the theme song to Gilligan's island.

R.I.P Little buddy

:saywhat: Jonas Grumby,the skipper had a name???So did Gilligan. It was Willy, but it was never used.

RIP Bob Denver. You were one funny actor.

Al Czervik
09-06-05, 08:37 PM
So did Gilligan. It was Willy, but it was never used.

RIP Bob Denver. You were one funny actor.

There goes my trivia question! (Although I think it was used in the pilot, when the castaways names were read on the radio)

Looks like Dawn Wells needs a new supplier (or was it the other way around)

RIP Little Buddy

RTKar
09-06-05, 09:37 PM
Watching Gilligan after school was always much more fun than home work. RIP, little buddy.

...with cookies and milk. RIP

racer2c
09-06-05, 09:44 PM

When I think back to some of my favorite childhood memories, one of them would have to be watching Gilligans Island after school. Ah, what a lineup, Super Friends, Gilligan, Krofts Power Hour, Johnny Sako, Ultarman and of course, my ultimate favorite, Speed Racer.

R.I.P Bob. You made us laugh.

JohnHKart
09-06-05, 10:21 PM
When I think back to some of my favorite childhood memories, one of them would have to be watching Gilligans Island after school. Ah, what a lineup, Super Friends, Gilligan, Krofts Power Hour, Johnny Sako, Ultarman and of course, my ultimate favorite, Speed Racer.

R.I.P Bob. You made us laugh.

Those were all great shows.....and you had to be there because as an adult I can't watch them now. And, no computer bs....those shows were all done by hand.

John

EDwardo
09-06-05, 10:27 PM
So, little buddy joins the skipper on the big voyage in the sky.
RIP.
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/gilligan_s_island___the_complete_first_season/_group_photos/alan_hale_jr_1.jpg

dando
09-06-05, 11:11 PM
Gilligan!!!!

Thanks for the laughs, little buddy.

:cry:

:grew up watching Gilligan, etc. reruns:

-Kevin

ChampcarShark
09-07-05, 12:35 PM
God Speed Mr. Denver.

Great show, I still watch reruns whenever I can.

RIP Little Buddy

RusH
09-07-05, 12:53 PM
:(
RIP Little Buddy.

Part of a childhood of 10 OTA stations and knob channel changer, I remember fondly.

Hard Driver
09-07-05, 01:02 PM
Yes, RIP little buddy. I watched every episode. I can't believe they could make a car out of bamboo but never be able to fix the boat.

DjDrOmusic
09-07-05, 01:12 PM
I watched the show faithfully as a child and continued watching when it was cancelled and sent to syndication. RIP Little Buddy and say hello to the Skipper and Mr. and Mrs. Howell. :(

DjDrOmusic
09-07-05, 01:15 PM
Yes, RIP little buddy. I watched every episode. I can't believe they could make a car out of bamboo but never be able to fix the boat.

My favorite line from "Back to the Beach" is when Gilligan, playing the Bartender, looks at a coconut on the bar and says, "I used to know a guy who could take 2 of these and a pineapple and build a nuclear reactor...but he couldn't fix a 4 foot hole in a boat!"

CARTNUT
09-07-05, 10:39 PM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/gilligan_s_island___the_complete_first_season/_group_photos/alan_hale_jr_1.jpg

How did they stay so cleanshaven on that island??? :confused:

'NUT :gomer:

nrc
09-08-05, 01:55 AM

How did they stay so cleanshaven on that island??? :confused:

'NUT :gomer:

The Professor's patented coconut safety razors.

CARTNUT
09-09-05, 12:55 AM
The Professor's patented coconut safety razors.

If you are serious, you are a serious Gilligan's Island GEEK! :saywhat: