PDA

View Full Version : Rahal's Track/IRL dreams

DjDrOmusic
03-14-03, 03:36 PM
OK, I know this isn't the most reliable source in the world, but I was talking with a member of a band recently, whose family owns a small oval track in Central Ohio. They were supposedly approached by Bobby Rahal, who told them he wanted to buy it, expand it and hold an IRL race at it. No mention of CART or NASCAR, just IRL. The deal fell through because the town where the track is located will not allow expansion of the track. I asked how long ago he had talked with the track and that is what surprised me, 3 years ago!! The band member started talking with me about open wheel racing after seeing the CW sticker on my sign. They knew who TG was, thought it was funny and then told me about the Rahal deal.

RichK
03-14-03, 05:08 PM
Isn't that about the time he was very close to getting the two series back together? He was probably assuming things would work out.

Don Quixote
03-14-03, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by RichK
Isn't that about the time he was very close to getting the two series back together? He was probably assuming things would work out.
Yes, it was called indycentricity. He is another one who is afflicted with this horrible disease. There seems to be no known cure.

tantra
03-15-03, 12:11 AM
Well, I know it wasn't the old Powell Motor Speedway, as they were already planning to destroy the track and build condos on that there. And they have.

By any chance would this rumor have any mention of the Columbus Motor Speedway?