PDA

View Full Version : This hit me really hard. R.L. Burnside dead at 79.

Jag_Warrior
09-03-05, 04:46 PM
It's September and I'm still waiting for something good to happen this year. I've been using music to try to turn my mood, and R.L.'s was usually near the top of my playlist. A d@mn sharp remix of "It's Bad, You Know" has become too much of a favorite for me. I caught the Burnside bug while watching the Sopranos several years ago, and finding out who the artist was in the closing credits. I've been a big fan ever since. Raw & Real is what he was! His music reflected a lot about who he was as a man. When asked about killing a man who was trying to run him off his land, he said, "It was between him and the Lord, him dyin'. I just shot him in the head." :eek: Pretty much settled that, I'd say.

I hope his passage to the next world provides more peace than he saw in this one.

R.L. Burnside: 1926-2005.... R.I.P. (http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050901/NEWS01/50901034/1260)

nrc
09-03-05, 07:20 PM
Burnside never really clicked with me. Too much Delta and not enough Chicago for my taste. But he certainly left his mark.

Lord willing he's in heaven sitting down.