PDA

View Full Version : Monza Strategy

Mike Kellner
09-03-05, 12:01 PM
The clever strategy for McLaren this weekend would be for JPM to take out Alonso in the first turn. "I thought I could make it, but the tires were cold."

mk

B3RACER1a
09-03-05, 12:53 PM
Wouldnt call it clever....lol.

Dr. Corkski
09-03-05, 03:53 PM
The smart strategy would be for McLaren to convince #2 to not do anything stupid to Alonso. That should guarantee that Alonso would not make it past the first chicane.

EDwardo
09-03-05, 04:38 PM
The clever strategy for McLaren this weekend would be for JPM to take out Alonso in the first turn. "I thought I could make it, but the tires were cold."

mk

bad strategy. the race for the manufacturers championship is really close. Better plan is to win the race, get kimi in the points, and hope a wanker takes out alonso. Or hope he bounces off a curb and takes a flyer. After watching practice and Q I expect one or more of them will do exactly that.

indyfan31
09-03-05, 04:49 PM
"I thought I could make it, but the tires were cold."
mk
Hmmm..... Montoya losing control on cold tires ..... ok, I'd buy that. :laugh:

jonovision_man
09-03-05, 06:54 PM
bad strategy. the race for the manufacturers championship is really close. Better plan is to win the race, get kimi in the points, and hope a wanker takes out alonso. Or hope he bounces off a curb and takes a flyer. After watching practice and Q I expect one or more of them will do exactly that.

Kimi in the points? If he finishes without incident, he's guaranteed a podium, Maclaren are way ahead at Monza. Dennis figures it at 1s/lap quicker than their nearest competitor.

jono

jonovision_man
09-04-05, 09:44 AM
Seems their strategy should have been "get some tires that won't fall apart". :shakehead

Not sure if Kimi could have caught Alonso, but Fisi was a sure thing if not for the late spin and the tire change.

Either way, championship is out of reach, Alonso could clinch @Spa.

jono

Mike Kellner
09-04-05, 02:29 PM
Again, we see one team having trouble with tires. It must be a setup thing. I am guessing that McLaren went for the fastest setup, despite the fact that they were overheating the outer edge of the left rear. Gaining a few tenths, but having to make an extra stop for a failing tire, or losing a car to a sudden delamination seems like a bad strategy.

mk

EDwardo
09-04-05, 02:36 PM
Again, we see one team having trouble with tires. It must be a setup thing. I am guessing that McLaren went for the fastest setup, despite the fact that they were overheating the outer edge of the left rear. Gaining a few tenths, but having to make an extra stop for a failing tire, or losing a car to a sudden delamination seems like a bad strategy.

mk

Here is a take from Michelin.
Michelin has repeated its opposition to the proposed 'control tyre' regulation for 2008 and beyond. It is argued, by the FIA and many teams, that getting rid of either Bridgestone or (more likely) the French brand would make the sport cheaper, safer, and also eliminate the predicament of being on the 'wrong' F1 rubber. Clearly, though, Michelin might not stick around if the black things become 'banal' at the pinnacle of motor sport. "As the world's leading tyre manufacturer," said Pierre Dupasquier, "that is something we cannot accept. It would make no sense at all for the image of the tyre."

'Bibendum' has proposed more test restrictions as a compromise. The Clermont Ferrand manufacturer insists that 'control tyre' championships - like NASCAR and Indy Car - are no more safe.

And there is no guarantee, he said, that removing one supplier would solve the 'wrong tyre' predicament. "I could develop tyres for one team by optimising their car balance. Then I could reproduce this tyre for everyone," the French boss said.

Indeed, Dupasquier claims this is exactly why some teams - like, presumably, Williams - urged Michelin to join Bridgestone on the 2001 grid.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=97086

Jervis Tetch 1
09-04-05, 11:13 PM
The new strategy for McLaren now is prayer.

They need help in the way of divine intervention if Kimi's going to have a shot at Fernando.

Mike Kellner
09-05-05, 02:29 AM
I think the strategy after today is to try to win the Manufacturer's Championship, which they still have a good chance to win, and start working on next year.

mk

oddlycalm
09-05-05, 02:11 PM
Regardless of whether they win the drivers or constructors title this year, they were serious contenders, and that's a remarkable turnaround for McLaren, a team that did so poorly last season that they are allowed to run a third car on Friday this year. 2003 was pretty sad as well. The ability to post the fastest qualifying time while running sufficient fuel to finish half the race distance is rather tall stuff. It may not translate into a title this season but it's impressive stuff and the competition between Renault and McLaren has been fun to watch.

oc

Cam
09-05-05, 03:19 PM
It may not translate into a title this season but it's impressive stuff and the competition between Renault and McLaren has been fun to watch.
oc

Definitely has made for a fun season to watch. Seeing the differing personalities of the new contenders has certainly been refreshing from what we have been subjected to for the past few years. :thumbup:

Mike Kellner
09-05-05, 03:25 PM
I am ready for Schumacher to retire. Earlier this summer, the podium was Fernando, Kimi, and Juan Pablo, and I was thinking that this is the new generation, and what a grand show it is going to be.

I too think it has been an amazing year for McLaren. I am glad they are not 100% bulletproof, or it would have been trading one color of boring season for another. Having an actual contest has been fun.

mk

Dr. Corkski
09-05-05, 04:27 PM
Definitely has made for a fun season to watch. Seeing the differing personalities of the new contenders has certainly been refreshing from what we have been subjected to for the past few years. :thumbup:Kimi has a personality? :rofl:

That being said, I rather have Kimi's (or Alonso's) on track performance. Personality is useless if you don't have the on track performance to back it up, as is the case of the #2 driver at McLaren.

Cam
09-05-05, 04:36 PM
Kimi has a personality? :rofl:

Is driving style and attitude not a personality trait? :gomer:

NismoZ
09-05-05, 09:32 PM
Tires aside...I think it's kind of neat that Cosworth is ahead of Honda in the Mfgrs. points!

Cam
09-05-05, 10:17 PM
Tires aside...I think it's kind of neat that Cosworth is ahead of Honda in the Mfgrs. points!

3 race ban hurt there tho....

NismoZ
09-06-05, 10:02 AM
Spoilsport.

indyfan31
09-06-05, 12:35 PM
3 race ban hurt there tho....
True, but they made their bed.

coolhand
09-06-05, 04:16 PM
Kimi has a personality? :rofl:

That being said, I rather have Kimi's (or Alonso's) on track performance. Personality is useless if you don't have the on track performance to back it up, as is the case of the #2 driver at McLaren.

JpM has been the faster driver at Mclaren, but when he is ahead of kimi they kill his car some how.

look at the stats when he has been ahead.

its all about the kimi andron denis love afair.

if kimi took a **** they would all watch to see flowers grow.

jonovision_man
09-06-05, 04:49 PM
JpM has been the faster driver at Mclaren, but when he is ahead of kimi they kill his car some how.

What F1 have you been watching? Kimi's been consistently faster than Juan, he's out-qualified him and out-performed him in the races.

jono

mapguy
09-06-05, 04:54 PM

WTF? :saywhat: Kimi has outqualified JPM 11-3 so far this season.

NismoZ
09-06-05, 05:57 PM
Guys?...He said "look at the stats when he has been ahead" so I figure he's leading 3-0! :gomer:

coolhand
09-06-05, 06:41 PM
Guys?...He said "look at the stats when he has been ahead" so I figure he's leading 3-0! :gomer:
;)

Dr. Corkski
09-06-05, 06:55 PM
When #2's ahead of Kimi, it's usually because of problems outside of Kimi's control (engine change, weather, tire), and Kimi usually dominates #2 despite carrying a fuel load. Not to mention Kimi never lost a certain 2nd place because he wanted to show off to Tiago Monteiro. :gomer:

Cam
09-06-05, 10:35 PM
Not to mention Kimi never lost a certain 2nd place because he wanted to show off to Tiago Monteiro. :gomer:

Gotta love a good brake check! :gomer:

coolhand
09-10-05, 03:13 PM
Montoya over Kimi agian.

watch his engine fail during the race because kimi wont be able to pass him.

Dr. Corkski
09-10-05, 03:45 PM
Montoya over Kimi agian.

watch his engine fail during the race because kimi wont be able to pass him.For once Kimi didn't ended up faster because he was running earlier and with a heavier fuel load. :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
09-10-05, 03:47 PM
Earlier this summer, the podium was Fernando, Kimi, and Juan Pablo, and I was thinking that this is the new generation, and what a grand show it is going to be.Don't insult Alonso and Kimi by lumping them in with a #2 driver. :thumdown:

Dr. Corkski
09-11-05, 08:44 PM
Pizzonia. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cam
09-11-05, 09:53 PM
[QUOTE=Dr. Corkski]Pizzonia.

Azzwhole! :rolleyes:

Jervis Tetch 1
09-12-05, 01:06 AM
Even when McLaren wins, they somehow lose.