PDA

View Full Version : The latest episode of Danimalania ...

Ed_Severson
09-01-05, 04:12 PM
Check it out ... the Speedway has decided that the remnants of the Danimal's crashmobile are a historic artifact! :gomer:

Patrick's Indy 500 Win(g) on Display (http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=199053&FS=IRL)

G.
09-01-05, 05:31 PM
OMFG. They really did typo wing to win. :shakehead

What's this about rookie of the year? Did she win it before the season's over?

Patrick finished fourth and became the first woman to lead the Indianapolis 500 en route to being named JPMorgan Chase Rookie of the Year.

Opposite Lock
09-01-05, 06:00 PM
"...paid $42,650.01 in an eBay auction in June to win the wing."

:eek: :saywhat: :gomer: :rofl: (take yer pick)

Brickman
09-01-05, 06:00 PM

What's this about rookie of the year? Did she win it before the season's over?

That was for the 500, not the season.

http://www.indyracingleague.com/stats/rookie.php?nYear=2005

RichK
09-01-05, 06:12 PM

With the ultra-hype this year, she may as well have won the race. 10 years from now, people will be saying "What year WAS it when that girl won the 500?"

An answer will probably be: "I don't know, it before NASCAR raced it, right?"

pchall
09-01-05, 07:18 PM
An answer will probably be: "I don't know, it before NASCAR raced it, right?"

Gag me with a spoon. Now.

Andrew Longman
09-02-05, 11:14 AM

http://www.indyracingleague.com/stats/rookie.php?nYear=2005

And that's all that matters.

G.
09-02-05, 12:44 PM

http://www.indyracingleague.com/stats/rookie.php?nYear=2005Ohhhh. Thanks! I was thinkin that a racing year was more than just an afternoon. My bad. :gomer:

oddlycalm
09-02-05, 04:03 PM
Ed, instead of this being the latest episode of Danimalania I'd suggest that it's become more like Danimentia, as in Danica induced dementia. Rational thought seems to have left the building with some of these folks. That includes the entire ABC/ESPN contingent and the EARL/IMS management that are all trying to capatalize on her as well.

oc

Jervis Tetch 1
09-03-05, 01:11 AM
More like dementia :gomer:

gjc2
09-03-05, 10:33 AM
Why does the “winner” of the race have to be the person who completes the race distance first? Why can’t it be the person who creates the most amount of media sensation? That way Ms. Patrick could have drunk the milk in the winner’s circle and had her image engraved on the Borg Warner Trophy. Think of all the possibilities.

George

pchall
09-03-05, 11:21 AM
Why does the “winner” of the race have to be the person who completes the race distance first? Why can’t it be the person who creates the most amount of media sensation? That way Ms. Patrick could have drunk the milk in the winner’s circle and had her image engraved on the Borg Warner Trophy. Think of all the possibilities.

George

Don't say this stuff. It will only give TG ideas. :saywhat:

cart7
09-03-05, 10:33 PM
Mommy! I wanna see the wing! I wanna see the wing! :laugh: :gomer:

Ed_Severson
09-03-05, 10:50 PM
Ed, instead of this being the latest episode of Danimalania I'd suggest that it's become more like Danimentia

Danimentia ... I like it!

EDwardo
09-04-05, 12:21 AM
"...paid $42,650.01 in an eBay auction in June to win the wing."

:eek: :saywhat: :gomer: (take yer pick)

http://ic1.deviantart.com/fs7/i/2005/223/6/c/when_pigs_fly_by_EMOclub.gif

TravelGal
09-04-05, 12:58 AM
Don't say this stuff. It will only give TG ideas. :saywhat:

That's what I was thinking.

G.
09-06-05, 01:01 PM
Why does the “winner” of the race have to be the person who completes the race distance first? Why can’t it be the person who creates the most amount of media sensation?

George

P1 is just a number.
:gomer:

Rocketdoc
09-12-05, 10:18 PM
"That was for the 500, not the season."

It is the infinate ego of Tony George that one race should have a "rookie of the year...er...race".

He has structured the IRL and all its minor events to be completely subserviant to the IRL500.

Dull, stupid idiot.

Ed_Severson
09-12-05, 10:30 PM
"That was for the 500, not the season."

It is the infinate ego of Tony George that one race should have a "rookie of the year...er...race".

As much fun as it is to bash Tony and the IRL, the concept of Indy 500 Rookie of the Year predates both of them. The first Indy 500 Rookie of the Year was Art Cross in 1952. Other notable winners include Jim Hurtubise, Parnelli Jones, Jim Clark, Mario Andretti, Jackie Stewart, Mark Donohue and Rick Mears.

Rocketdoc
09-13-05, 12:14 AM
"As much fun as it is to bash Tony and the IRL, the concept of Indy 500 Rookie of the Year predates both of them. The first Indy 500 Rookie of the Year was Art Cross in 1952. Other notable winners include Jim Hurtubise, Parnelli Jones, Jim Clark, Mario Andretti, Jackie Stewart, Mark Donohue and Rick Mears."

I'm aware of that, but it gave me an opportunity to "bash" Tony George.

Hey, any port in the storm....