PDA

View Full Version : Woohoo! Got my free Grand Am tix!

Grunschev
08-31-05, 01:42 PM
I haven't been to a Grand Am race for three or four years, about the last time it rained during a race here in Phoenix. What are the crowds like for these things?

My employer was just given 5,000 free tickets (2,500 for Friday and 2,500 for Saturday). I'm betting several hundred of those might actually get passed out and some of those even will get used. I was originally planning on buying tix at the gate, but I guess I can save my money. I wasn't planning on going Friday, but might just have to think about it now. I don't see anything on PIR's web site about pit passes. Does anybody know if pit passes are typeically available?

I'll try to get some of the drivers to autograph some pictures I've taken at various past CART races.

Igor

Grunschev
08-31-05, 01:43 PM
Dang, wrong forum.

FCYTravis
08-31-05, 03:28 PM
Hey, freebies! What a concept... ;)

I think paddock access is included in the basic ticket.

The crowd at the Phoenix roval race will, and let's be honest here, probably not be spectacular. But I could be wrong.

You'll get to see the first-ever split Daytona Prototype and Grand Touring races, a total of 500 miles of action over two days, plus the split Grand-Am Cup races, two 200-mile runs for the Grand Sport and Sport Touring classes.

Oh, and the DPs and GTs race well into the night :)

Fio1
09-01-05, 12:57 AM
I don't think all 5,000 tickets will be used. I'm going Friday & Sat for sure. I'm bringing someone who doesn't have a hard card, where can I pick up one of those free tickets?

racer2c
09-01-05, 10:53 AM
Hey, freebies! What a concept... ;)

Oh, and the DPs and GTs race well into the night :)

On a dirt figure eight? Now that would rock!

Michaelhatesfans
09-01-05, 11:31 AM
On a dirt figure eight? Now that would rock!
Just before the demolition derby. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
09-01-05, 11:50 AM
Where does the drifting exhibition fit in? Oh wait, wrong series. ;)

pchall
09-01-05, 12:06 PM
I'd be there. Nothing like wide open spaces and fresh air.

Grunschev
09-06-05, 11:36 AM
I don't think all 5,000 tickets will be used. I'm going Friday & Sat for sure. I'm bringing someone who doesn't have a hard card, where can I pick up one of those free tickets?

Sorry, these tix are for employees only. I already picked up my allotment, but I'm sure I can find a coworker who can get more. Drop me an email offline. I'll be there both Fri and Sat. Expect 100+ temps both days, dropping to the mid 90's by 10pm.

I'm beginning to wonder how many people who will attend actually paid for their tickets. I saw a CompUSA ad the other day saying if you buy any of a list of products you'll get two free tickets.

Igor