PDA

View Full Version : ChampCar Reality TV!?

NismoZ
08-29-05, 06:11 PM
I HATE those shows, but THIS one might just work for me. Sept. 7th, prime-time WGN Superstation, starring Team Forsythe, PKV Racing and Newman/Haas! Let me guess...PT will be the "bad-ass" and pretty "Jimmy" will be the good guy? THIRTEEN episodes! Let me guess (again) how it ends...The goofy looking little French guy wins the championship and he and Paul Newman are featured prominantly hoisting the trophies skyward amid a shower of champagne and brightly colored confetti? Will we actually see Carl LIGHTING his ever-present cigar? Jimmy signs off on his career and tells us how he looks forward to beating Haas someday as an owner and PT skulks away amid rumors he may just go drive stockcars! I'LL be watching! I wonder how they'll treat the Bruno/Indy/Servia return thing? Bruno HAS to win at Mexico City! What a show!! :D

devilmaster
08-29-05, 06:26 PM
Niz - take a pill.

The commercials for this show have been up at cart.com for a while, and it originally was talked about here a few months back when the word first came out.

It'll at least be more realistic than Driven, and it'll be interesting to see how it does on WGN. If nothing else, its something diehard CC fans can watch.

racer2c
08-29-05, 07:03 PM
Let's bash all things Champ Car. Down with this mockery!

(Am I a real fan now? Eww I hope so!)

I'm actually counting the days 'til it's on but I'm just a silly... :gomer:

NismoZ
08-29-05, 09:38 PM
You mean...OTHERS know about this!? :eek:

racer2c
08-29-05, 09:43 PM
You mean...OTHERS know about this!? :eek:

Let's hope not. It will be our little secret. Well, this and that 'other' thing. ;)

NismoZ
08-30-05, 04:04 PM
You WOULDN'T!!? :o

NismoZ
09-03-05, 03:41 AM
HERE'S "reality TV" for you...I'm reading where "Race Car Driver" will be broadcast nationwide on Superstation WGN, but NOT in the local WGN Chicago market! :confused: :shakehead What's a show need with the 3rd largest market, anyway, right? Well, tell me how it looks! :cry:

TravelGal
09-03-05, 11:36 AM
HERE'S "reality TV" for you...I'm reading where "Race Car Driver" will be broadcast nationwide on Superstation WGN, but NOT in the local WGN Chicago market! :confused: :shakehead What's a show need with the 3rd largest market, anyway, right? Well, tell me how it looks! :cry:

It's worse (for me anyway), we don't get WGN on the Time Warner cable. This week I talked with the production company and emailed several times to WGN. Dish network and Direct TV but that's all.

PULEEEZE can someone tape/copy this thing for me? :cry: All costs will be reimbursed for timely delivery. Anyone in the LA area, I'll come pick it up!

edit: further research shows that "South Bay" and "Canyon Country" apparently get WGN. Anyone there? yooooooooohoooooooo?!

TedN
09-05-05, 10:41 AM
Reminder, the show premiers this Wednesday. If you go to the CCWS web page, there is a pop-up window with 3 media files, featuring Paul Tracy.

Ted

fourrunner
09-05-05, 10:50 AM
Let's hope not. It will be our little secret. Well, this and that 'other' thing. ;)

How did you find out about that "other" thing? It's supposed to be super secret ! :mad:

Jervis Tetch 1
09-05-05, 08:54 PM
Reminder, the show premiers this Wednesday. If you go to the CCWS web page, there is a pop-up window with 3 media files, featuring Paul Tracy.

Ted
It's on WGN (Chicago).

NismoZ
09-05-05, 09:18 PM
Don't think so. Don't see it listed locally, anyway. There's a difference in programming between WGN Chicago, and WGN Superstation, national cable network. (?)

chop456
09-06-05, 07:42 AM
There's a difference in programming between WGN Chicago, and WGN Superstation, national cable network. (?)

Yes, there is. Dish Network carries the superstation, that's all I know.

Easy
09-06-05, 05:23 PM
I think Directv carries both. I know that WGN is on its local channel 9 and channel 307 on my directv (that wants $300 to upgrade to an HD converter)

cameraman
09-06-05, 06:29 PM
There are two WGNs on Dish Network depending on how much money you spend.

Channel 235 is KWGN the local TV station that is a WB affiliate. It will not be showing the CCWS series.

Channel 239 is WGN satellite. It is not a WB affiliate. It produced the series.

So rabbit ears in Chicago will bring you no joy...

devilmaster
09-06-05, 08:42 PM
So rabbit ears in Chicago will bring you no joy...

Seems like alot of work to bring rabbit to chicago from mudpuddle ohio....

And to top it off, rabbit anywhere doesn't really bring joy.. I mean we had rabbit at racetracks, isn't that enough??? ;)

Rogue Leader
09-06-05, 11:13 PM
crap we used to get WGN... then cablevision dropped it

rabbit
09-06-05, 11:43 PM
My ears are itching...

devilmaster
09-07-05, 12:14 AM
My ears are itching...

well they wanted to use them to pick up tv signals - of course they're gonna itch! :eek:

G.
09-14-05, 11:03 AM
Tonight?