PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler headings

RaceGrrl
08-29-05, 05:26 PM
Since OffCamber does have members outside the U.S. who may not be able to see the race until the day after it actually takes place, please be considerate when starting post-race threads and indicate that the thread contains spoilers.

I avoid the forums if I don't want the results revealed, but a little courtesy when starting a new thread wouldn't hurt. Thanks. :smile:

dando
08-31-05, 01:59 PM
Since OffCamber does have members outside the U.S. who may not be able to see the race until the day after it actually takes place, please be considerate when starting post-race threads and indicate that the thread contains spoilers.

I avoid the forums if I don't want the results revealed, but a little courtesy when starting a new thread wouldn't hurt. Thanks. :smile:
Grrl, this has been discussed in other threads. Maybe a sticky for race weekends would help? Just a thought.

-Kevin

Turn7
09-02-05, 09:16 AM
I can understand not putting a spoiler in the title of a thread but, I don't think anyone should worry about the content below that level. Just like you said, if you don't want to know the results of a particular race, it isn't too smart to visit a webpage dedicated to that topic.

RaceGrrl
09-02-05, 10:43 AM
I can understand not putting a spoiler in the title of a thread but, I don't think anyone should worry about the content below that level. Just like you said, if you don't want to know the results of a particular race, it isn't too smart to visit a webpage dedicated to that topic.

Exactly, hence the request for *spoiler* in the title. After that, it's read at your own risk.

Insomniac
09-02-05, 06:37 PM
I would just like to add for everyone, the best things to do be safe:

Don't visit any sites dedicated to racing (www.speedtv.com, www.yourracingseries.com, etc.)
Don't visit forums or blogs where people are known to discuss races
Don't visit sites dedicated to sports (www.espn.com, www.sportsillustrated.com, etc.)
Don't watch TV channels that have updates at the bottom of the screen (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNEWS, Headline News, etc.)

And for those of you who really don't want to leave it to chance, don't watch TV, don't check your e-mail, don't browse the web and don't talk to anyone. :)

Seeing spoilers on OC is like going to your mailbox and getting mad when you get bills. You know they're going to be there. If you don't want to see them, don't get your mail. And for some of you, you also shouldn't blame the mailman! ;)