PDA

View Full Version : IRL/Grand AM Infineon doubleheader

cameraman
08-29-05, 01:43 AM
Infineon Raceway and Grand American Road Racing Association officials announced today that the highly-competitive Rolex Sports Car Series will tackle the Sonoma Valley road course for the first time next summer, combining with the IRL IndyCar Series to offer Northern California fans an unparalleled weekend of road-racing action.

Raceway and IRL officials also confirmed that the IndyCar Series will return to the Sonoma County road course next summer, Aug. 25-27, 2006.

Fio1
08-29-05, 12:51 PM
With the amount of people the Grand-Am paddock brings to each event, this will increase the 'crowd' greatly! :laugh: If Grand-Am cup is also on the same card, then the crowd will increase even more! :rolleyes:

extramundane
08-29-05, 01:22 PM
With the amount of people the Grand-Am paddock brings to each event, this will increase the 'crowd' greatly! :laugh: If Grand-Am cup is also on the same card, then the crowd will increase even more! :rolleyes:

If GAC is on the same card, at least the crowd would get 1 decent race.

(Yes, I said that. My hatred of the DP doesn't cloud my judgement of the GAC, which I enjoy quite a bit)

Sean O'Gorman
08-29-05, 01:49 PM
I doubt Grand-Am Cup would be there, they take up alot of track time.

NismoZ
08-30-05, 07:50 PM
But, given the climate of the times the idea makes sense. CC/ALMS and IRL/GA. It's road racing and despite the narrow minded jealous types around it's a plan that at least has to be TRIED. I really worried about the rumored Sebring match because I could just see the 12hr. crowd up and leaving on Sun. morning as the Champcars took to the track for practice, OR a major revolt occurring if CC wanted the 12 hrs. to run on a Sun! Perhaps CC can run on Sat. at an ALMS venue and ALMS will run Sat. at a CC venue? Simple turnabout compromise. If there can be mutual benefit it HAS to be done. Only one way to find out...for ANY of the 4 groups.

FCYTravis
08-30-05, 08:23 PM
Champ Car/GA as well.

Sean O'Gorman
08-30-05, 08:33 PM
Champ Car/GA as well.

Heh, I think that is a combination that most Champ Car fans would prefer to ignore. :laugh:

racer2c
08-30-05, 09:46 PM
Heh, I think that is a combination that most Champ Car fans would prefer to ignore. :laugh:

REALLY? I mean, HECK, we suffered THROUGH Craftsman TRUCKS! I'm SURE we can suffer, I mean EMBRACE Grand AM! EMBRACE!!!!!

Fio1
08-30-05, 11:33 PM
ALMS-Champcars makes more sense then Grand-Am-Champcars. Having Champcars with Grand-Am is almost like having the Bush series (Nazareth) a few years ago with Barber Dodge Pro-Series. Apples and Oranges big time. As you know, I am a fan of Grand-Am, the series. So, this is nothing against Grand-Am.

L1P1
09-01-05, 08:05 PM
(oops, wrong thread)