PDA

View Full Version : Robin Miller says....

trish
08-28-05, 07:48 PM
20,000 at Snorenoma. I find that hard to believe.

DaveL
08-28-05, 08:09 PM
Robin's estimate was at the high end. Either way the crowd sucked. So much for Danicamania.

coolhand
08-28-05, 08:11 PM
if thats true then there were 2,000 when Kanaan passed the finish line :laugh:

oddlycalm
08-28-05, 08:33 PM
Yeah, I tuned in for a few minutes between the Montreal race and MotoGP and the stands I saw looked real sparse. There can be a fair number of GA tickeholders hidden around a natural road course, but I'd guess 20K would be in the ballpark. Considering the support presence of the Grand Sham and all the breathless promotion that's not a great number.

BTW, has that silly git Wheldon ever been in a roadrace before? His car loses power so he stops it on the track instead of pulling off in a safe area, then Brainfart calls a FCY and has the safety crew tow him to the pit instead of having them push him behind the wall and hand down a penalty for unecessary interuption of the race.... :rofl: Yo, it's a road race Clyde. That was enough to get me out the door to wash the car...

oc

Sean O'Gorman
08-28-05, 08:53 PM
BTW, has that silly git Wheldon ever been in a roadrace before? His car loses power so he stops it on the track instead of pulling off in a safe area, then Brainfart calls a FCY and has the safety crew tow him to the pit instead of having them push him behind the wall and hand down a penalty for unecessary interuption of the race.... :rofl: Yo, it's a road race Clyde. That was enough to get me out the door to wash the car...

I'm pretty sure Wheldon has road raced before. In fact I think he had nine road course wins between F2000, Atlantics, and Lights. Granted, I can't stand the guy, but he is a pretty good road racer. I think all it came down to is being selfish and trying to get back in the race instead of retiring because of the lack of fuel. He should've been penalized.

Racewriter
08-28-05, 09:58 PM
Robin's estimate was at the high end. Either way the crowd sucked. So much for Danicamania.

[ED MCMAHON VOICE]You are correct, sir![/ED MCMAHON VOICE]

Danicamania has been over for about four races now (at least in terms of fan attraction), it's just that the media hasn't really noticed.

Nor has Todd Harris.

eiregosod
08-28-05, 10:01 PM
Nor has Todd Harris.

make that ESPN, didnt they say that Danica needs to be pushed into people's faces to the max?

Cam
08-28-05, 10:08 PM
Danicamania has been over for about four races now (at least in terms of fan attraction), it's just that the media hasn't really noticed.

Nor has Todd Harris.

I was waiting for my laundry to dry and went for a beer at the local bar in Carmel (Indiana that is) and ESPN's pre race lead in, that was at least 30 minutes of filler (I was using it to see when the dryer would be done) was ALL Danicle!!!!

The 15 minutes are done folks!

I am really surprised that the gomerati have not started bleating about the fact that the "partner" could spend 45 minutes before the race on Danicle but have no time for post race interviews. :gomer:

Cam
08-28-05, 10:14 PM
Oh and.....

"Phoney Danicamania has bitten the dust!"

With apologies to Joe....... :p

Jervis Tetch 1
08-28-05, 10:38 PM
Plenty of empty seats to go around. Wonder how they're spinning that in Lemming Land.

DaveL
08-28-05, 10:43 PM
"Phoney Danicamania has bitten the dust!"

:thumbup:

"The Dark Age is coming, the Idiotgrandson's moving in,
Engines start blowing, the crowd's growing thin,
The IRL era, and I have a fear...
That Indy's dying ooouut...
I live by the Speedway!"

Cam
08-28-05, 10:49 PM

I live by the Speedway!"

OH Man!!! Thats beautiful! :cool:

DaveL
08-28-05, 11:03 PM
And the oval track drivers, engine builders, and everyone else the IRL was supposed to be made for are singing:

"Did ya stand by me? No, not at all,
Did ya stand by me? No way."

Racewriter
08-29-05, 12:16 AM
And the oval track drivers, engine builders, and everyone else the IRL was supposed to be made for are singing:

"Did ya stand by me? No, not at all,
Did ya stand by me? No way."

With apologies to the Clash...

FCYTravis
08-29-05, 02:09 AM
Considering the support presence of the Grand Sham
The Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series was racing three time zones away. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

RTKar
08-29-05, 06:51 AM

I live by the Speedway!"

..but Cam started it :thumbup:

Cam
08-29-05, 07:46 AM
..but Cam started it :thumbup:

I feel a Tshirt marketing campaign coming on! :D

NismoZ
08-29-05, 11:15 AM
Yeah, GA had their own problems at MO...I guess 6 or 8 frantically waving yellows aren't enough for some drivers! Talk about a "blind corner!" I think I know what that means now. :rolleyes:

TorontoWorker
08-29-05, 12:07 PM
The Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series was racing three time zones away. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

To be kind, (if thats possible) perhaps the writer was thinking about this press release for next year??

Infineon Raceway and Grand American Road Racing Association officials announced today that the highly-competitive Rolex Sports Car Series will tackle the Sonoma Valley road course for the first time next summer, combining with the IRL IndyCar Series to offer Northern California fans an unparalleled weekend of road-racing action.

Raceway and IRL officials also confirmed that the IndyCar Series will return to the Sonoma County road course next summer, Aug. 25-27, 2006.

devilmaster
08-29-05, 12:17 PM
To be kind, (if thats possible) perhaps the writer was thinking about this press release for next year??

So does this mean GA is out of MO?

FCYTravis
08-29-05, 12:22 PM
Nope.

Grand-Am officials and Mid-Ohio officials are committed to finding another date for 2006.

The Infineon date will most likely replace the Grand-Am support race with IRL at Watkins Glen, because that race is the third event in the season at the same track.

Or it could be an entirely new race. There's rumors about a couple surprises in the schedule pipeline for GARRA.

Cam
08-29-05, 12:40 PM
http://www.pccruisers.com/obscurity.jpg :D

pchall
08-29-05, 02:01 PM
I think Robin Miller applied the same fudge factor to the CHiPs estimate for Sonoma that the Marion County auxiliary applied to the Five Hunnert for years -- fool me once, fool me twice... :gomer:

DaveL
08-29-05, 02:16 PM

:thumbup: :D

EVL29
08-29-05, 03:35 PM

Isn't that her ToyoAntlic ride behind her?

Even TVGuide couldn't stomach a Crapwagon on their cover? :rofl:

oddlycalm
08-29-05, 03:49 PM
The Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series was racing three time zones away. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant. Sorry, but what I could decipher of the announcer blather at one point sounded like the Rolex sleds were there. They could have been racing on the moon for all I know. In retrospect they were probably gushing about some fantasy over an event not yet held.

oc

racer2c
08-29-05, 03:54 PM
Nope.

Grand-Am officials and Mid-Ohio officials are committed to finding another date for 2006.

Yeah, I've never heard that before. :rolleyes:

RichK
08-29-05, 03:58 PM
Sorry, but what I could decipher of the announcer blather at one point sounded like the Rolex sleds were there. They could have been racing on the moon for all I know. In retrospect they were probably gushing about some fantasy over an event not yet held.

oc

There was one GrandAm car at the track, it did a few demo laps before the IRL race. He was probably talking about that.

oddlycalm
08-29-05, 04:18 PM
There was one GrandAm car at the track, it did a few demo laps before the IRL race. He was probably talking about that. I knew I should have waited for pressdog's interpretation of what was said during the broadcast before I commented since I don't speak Gomer... ;)

oc

Sean O'Gorman
08-29-05, 11:46 PM
Yeah, I've never heard that before. :rolleyes:

They have no reason to leave Mid-Ohio.

racer2c
08-30-05, 10:54 AM
They have no reason to leave Mid-Ohio.

:cry: :laugh:

Fio1
08-30-05, 11:36 PM
They'll leave Mid Ohio and add another {sigh} race at watkins Glen, this time they'll go the other way around.... :laugh:

FCYTravis
08-31-05, 12:57 AM
Actually, the Sears Point race is likely to replace one of the Watkins Glen races.