PDA

View Full Version : Wow!

DaveL
08-28-05, 03:50 PM
That was one of the best road races I've ever seen. Too many kudos to go around.

I'm out of breath :thumbup:

coolhand
08-28-05, 04:00 PM
very exciting, alot of passing and suspense at the end.

G.
08-28-05, 04:03 PM
Great race. Congrats, Servia!

(deserved the win)

Congrats Cotman, good call.

Fio1
08-28-05, 04:10 PM
Great race! This and Edmonton is what Champcars is all about. :thumbup:

Champcars is back better then ever! NBC had great coverage as well, a lot better then ABC does with IRL that's for sure. Timo, Servia, way to go! :cool:

Now, I'm glad I still have my champcar stocks..... :eek:

GOFAST1
08-28-05, 04:20 PM
SUPERB!!!!!! This is great championship and big thanks to amigos!!!

NismoZ
08-28-05, 04:57 PM
Glad you said "ROAD RACING"...I think that's the MAIN reason we are so happy. Seems clear to me, don't think we'd see this at San Jose! :D ..PS can I ask a question...How the hell fast was Mladin going when he crossed the under the checker on ONE wheel? :eek: Sheesh!

Dr. Corkski
08-28-05, 05:08 PM
Yet another beautiful Tracy choke job. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

FTG
08-28-05, 05:16 PM

I'd much rather see a driver who pushes hard every lap than hear what NH said over the radio, "You're in foruth, don't try to pass."

PT is never boring. SB, yawn.

coolhand
08-28-05, 05:19 PM

you cannot drive with both hands around your neck

RTKar
08-28-05, 08:32 PM
Great race! This and Edmonton is what Champcars is all about. :thumbup:
Champcars is back better then ever! NBC had great coverage as well, a lot better then ABC does with IRL that's for sure. Timo, Servia, way to go! :cool:

Now, I'm glad I still have my champcar stocks..... :eek:

It was a great race, race cars & drivers going to the max. Tracks like Edmonton and Montreal are what Champcar SHOULD be about, so we can see the true speed, talent and "art" of Champcar.

nissan gtp
08-28-05, 08:52 PM
great race

congrats to oreo :thumbup:

Fitti Fan
08-28-05, 09:01 PM
I'd much rather see a driver who pushes hard every lap than hear what NH said over the radio, "You're in foruth, don't try to pass."

PT is never boring. SB, yawn.

I'll take a championship over being considered "not boring" anytime.

Jervis Tetch 1
08-28-05, 09:13 PM
This was so much better than that snoozefest, crash-filled, multiple yellowflag, Sam Hornish out in one lap race in Sonoma.

FTG
08-28-05, 09:32 PM
I'll take a championship over being considered "not boring" anytime.

Zanardi did both. So did Mario. A real champion would've fought his way to the front.

Dr. Corkski
08-28-05, 09:39 PM
Zanardi did both. So did Mario. A real champion would've fought his way to the front.A real champion wouldn't miss his pitbox because he was "pushing too hard". :gomer:

Cart4Live2003
08-28-05, 11:34 PM
A real champion wouldn't miss his pitbox because he was "pushing too hard". :gomer:

lol :rofl:

coolhand
08-28-05, 11:48 PM
what driver do you like Dr. corkski?

indyfan31
08-29-05, 01:09 AM
A real champion wouldn't miss his pitbox because he was "pushing too hard". :gomer:
Who are you talking about?

Joelski
08-29-05, 01:26 AM
Who are you talking about?

He doesn't know.

It's called bad luck, but hey, maybe he just didn't want Kermy to be wholly responsible for his bad season?

Dr. Corkski
08-29-05, 12:19 PM
Bad season and still ahead of Choke Tracy by 65 points. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JLMannin
08-29-05, 12:45 PM
It's the new points system. The old points system put the emphasis on winning - if a racer push hard and tried to win every race but crashed out 40% of the time but won 80% of the races where he was running at the finish was most likely champion by a wide margin. The new points system penalizes the racer who races to win at every event and rewards the driver content to score a top five every race.

mueber
08-29-05, 02:25 PM
That was a great race, and proof of the value of “real” race tracks. Congrats to all involved.

Dr. Corkski
08-29-05, 05:30 PM
It's the new points system. The old points system put the emphasis on winning - if a racer push hard and tried to win every race but crashed out 40% of the time but won 80% of the races where he was running at the finish was most likely champion by a wide margin. The new points system penalizes the racer who races to win at every event and rewards the driver content to score a top five every race.Sebastian Bourdais: 4 wins.
Choke Tracy: 2 wins.

How dare they reward the Frenchy for bothering to finish a race AND trying to win. :gomer:

Joelski
08-30-05, 09:40 AM
Sebastian Bourdais: 4 wins.
Choke Tracy: 2 wins.

How dare they reward the Frenchy for bothering to finish a race AND trying to win. :gomer:

Choke? Maybe with frog-boy's hands around his neck.

Two of those wins are due to kermy taking out his competition. hmmmm Who could that be?

PT's having his share of problems, but who DIDN'T drive over Frenchy's car in Mayheeco? :shakehead: :rolleyes:

Dirty Sanchez
08-30-05, 09:52 AM
daytona is a place too :laugh:

Easy
08-30-05, 10:35 AM
http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v109/nurshad/silky_johnson1.jpg

Fitti Fan
08-30-05, 11:22 AM

How many guys has he hit now? That's like the third or fourth time?