PDA

View Full Version : Ranger's Season Amost Ended at Montreal

TedN
08-28-05, 09:44 AM
Link (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2005/08/28/1191308-sun.html) .

Is this an unusual arrangement? I wonder if Phillippe has the same deal? Sounds like the team is big time underfunded.

Ted

pchall
08-28-05, 10:09 AM
Link (http://www.torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2005/08/28/1191308-sun.html) .

Is this an unusual arrangement? I wonder if Phillippe has the same deal? Sounds like the team is big time underfunded.

Ted

I suppose it's a choice between pay-per-wreck or paying enough for the whole season with the insurance.

spinner26
08-28-05, 10:37 AM
I think this is getting ridiculous. Why is it the driver’s responsibility to secure funding for a ride? If a TEAM OWNER cannot afford to run, then don't play the game. This is a costly sport, it is a long season when you choose a driver who has accidents, rookie or not. This stuff of the deepest pockets wins is getting real old. Give me the best 8,10,20 TEAM / Driver combinations and lets go racing. Sure there will be drivers injured who need replaced but come on, a kid can't drive hard for fear of his job. :confused:

Next we'll see in the back of NSSN an ad for a driver in the Champ Car Series; Have team and equipment, need driver with lots of money, no talent needed, SO LONG AS YOU CAN PAY FOR REPAIRS! :shakehead

Mark521
08-28-05, 11:13 AM
I wonder if the sponsers would rather sponser a driver than a team? If I was a sponser, AND I could only pick ONE, would I be more concerned about which driver I or which team? I think that once you get past the top couple of teams, all the other teams pretty much offer the same amount of service per dollar.

KLang
08-28-05, 11:14 AM
Perhaps McNulty doesn't have his facts straight again. See thread (http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8655) .

devilmaster
08-28-05, 12:41 PM
TSN had reported the same thing yesterday....

pferrf1
08-28-05, 07:45 PM
I think this is getting ridiculous. Why is it the driver’s responsibility to secure funding for a ride? If a TEAM OWNER cannot afford to run, then don't play the game. This is a costly sport, it is a long season when you choose a driver who has accidents, rookie or not. This stuff of the deepest pockets wins is getting real old. Give me the best 8,10,20 TEAM / Driver combinations and lets go racing. Sure there will be drivers injured who need replaced but come on, a kid can't drive hard for fear of his job. :confused:

Next we'll see in the back of NSSN an ad for a driver in the Champ Car Series; Have team and equipment, need driver with lots of money, no talent needed, SO LONG AS YOU CAN PAY FOR REPAIRS! :shakehead

Andrew wanted to step up to CCWS. He did not want to spend another season in Atlantics.

How many no driver contrubution required seats are there in CCWS? 2 at Forsythe, 2 at NH, 1 at DC, 2 at Team Australia, 2 at PKV. Seems none of those seats were available to him.

It looks to me like his ride was only partially paid for by Tide. IOW - Tide paid big for the CDN races, MiJack covered the rest. The numbers added up as long as crash damage didnt eat away the rest of the budget. No one made Ranger sign that type of deal. This is what he, his agent and his family agreed to. What are team owners suppose dto magically make funds appear to pay for everything? Its very easy to say get rid of ride-buyers and good drivers having to come up with cash. et out your wallet and makeit go away please.