PDA

View Full Version : Zolder 24 Hours Live on Internet.

Fio1
08-27-05, 11:35 AM
Check this technology out. A Belgium Internet company has live video and audio of the 24 Hours of Zolder (GT Cars). I saw the 24 Hours of SPA and 1000K of Spa like this. Very cool. Check it out: http://www.hibn.tv/content/article.php?id_article=310

Opposite Lock
08-27-05, 12:51 PM
Thanks - that's pretty cool. But I think there is something wrong with the audio - I can't understand a word they're saying. :gomer:

Fio1
08-27-05, 11:14 PM
At the half way point the race is a battle between the Red Bull Porsche RSR, lead by Frederic Bouvy and a GT2 Porsche lead by flying Finn, Markus Palttala. They are both on the same lap, third place is another Porsche, a GT3 RS 2 laps behind the leaders. The Corvette that lead the first 8-hours and was being driven by Marc Goosens, tripped over a back marker and spend 20-minutes in the pits. They are now 5th, 12 laps down. The favorite Viper, being driven by Kumpen-Longin-Hillebrand-Duez crashed into a back-marker as well and is out. Kumpen-Longin are racing in the FIA GT race on Sunday, so they had a busy weekend planned, but now have it easier since their Viper lasted less then 6-hours. Vannina Ickx in all female team Mini-Cooper is running 3rd in class, 27th overall.

Fio1
08-28-05, 11:04 AM
The Pratt & Miller Corvette fought it's way back into the lead at the 15th hour by turing laps 4-7 seconds faster then the 3 leading Porsches and won the race overall. The pole position winning Vette lead the first 10 hours easily before tripping over a back marker and losing 39 minutes in the pits.

The #5 dropped out with Gearbox problems, and the #4 Porsche dropped out with a few hours to go while in 2nd place with a blown motor. The leading Vette with Marc Goosens driving lost 39 minutes for repairs, and still ended up winning the race by 14 laps over the #31 Porsche. The Ultima finnished 4th behind the #61 BMW M3.

Marc Goosens is a star! That guy should be in Champcars or at least Daytona Prototypes.