PDA

View Full Version : Karting in Vegas

manic mechanic
08-26-05, 05:57 PM
OK everyone,

I have been in contact with Fast Lap Las Vegas indoor kart track, and they said "OK" to a group of us racing there.

THURSDAY, September 22, 2005 8:45PM. Cost is approximately $25 per driver and they only have a 4 minute video "boot camp".
They are also a bit more "liberal" about contact than Dromo and LeMans Karting were, as long as you don't "punt" the guy you are trying to pass.

I know several people have already contacted me about racing, so if you are interested, let's get it together!

Long Beach and San Jose were a lot of fun...Vegas should be even better! You never know..this time there may even be a doctor (or two) in the house!!! :D

manic

Winston Wolfe
08-26-05, 06:07 PM
awwww, shucks !

Too bad I cant make it out there to "wax" you once again.... Team "Superior Weight Transfer" has a previous committment, otherwise I'd be glad to join you.

Remember Corky's trick of waiting until you get seated in your rig, and then, when no one else is looking, lean back, and let some pressure out of the rear tires for the "special advantage"..... a la Team Penske.

oh, but wait, you're manic "mechanic", so you already prolly got that one figgered out ! :gomer:

Good Luck out there, and dont take any bets with Cork.... the dude is deceptively fast, and cunning !!!! :thumbup:

L8R.

manic mechanic
08-26-05, 06:38 PM
awwww, shucks !

Too bad I cant make it out there to "wax" you once again.... Team "Superior Weight Transfer" has a previous committment, otherwise I'd be glad to join you.

Remember Corky's trick of waiting until you get seated in your rig, and then, when no one else is looking, lean back, and let some pressure out of the rear tires for the "special advantage"..... a la Team Penske.

oh, but wait, you're manic "mechanic", so you already prolly got that one figgered out ! :gomer:

Good Luck out there, and dont take any bets with Cork.... the dude is deceptively fast, and cunning !!!! :thumbup:

L8R.

Putting on kneepads for Robert Clarke again, Herb? :p

manic

Winston Wolfe
08-26-05, 07:20 PM
Putting on kneepads for Robert Clarke again, Herb? :p

manic
No, but when you are done with them after trying to get "credentials" you can return 'em...

In fact, keep 'em.... I've discovered a better way to get freebies, you just convince them you'll act like a "human" and not break anything in the suite, or embarass them in the garage area by asking a driver too many questions and they seem to be pretty receptive to it.... hey, it works for me !

You may want to keep the kneepads for a little while longer ! :gomer:

Truth of the matter is, I'll be in England, visiting my folks. Cheerio, pip, pip ! Hate to miss the race, though...

CARTNUT
08-27-05, 02:16 AM
No, but when you are done with them after trying to get "credentials" you can return 'em...

In fact, keep 'em.... I've discovered a better way to get freebies, you just convince them you'll act like a "human" and not break anything in the suite, or embarass them in the garage area by asking a driver too many questions and they seem to be pretty receptive to it.... hey, it works for me !

Truth of the matter is, I'll be in England, visiting my folks. Cheerio, pip, pip ! Hate to miss the race, though...

Bloody harsh olde chap. And delightfully humorous! :rofl: :laugh:

'NUT :gomer:

Michaelhatesfans
08-27-05, 02:35 AM
'NUT
Seemingly, in the end, this wasn't about you after all... :laugh:
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8678

manic mechanic
08-27-05, 02:38 AM

Oh, I get it...You only used those kneepads in San Jose.

I don't have to rely on anyone for a credential...I have STYLE! (unlike the Hendrick bunch you mooched the last one off of!)

Once you catch up, call me...We'll have a cold one! :p

manic

CARTNUT
08-28-05, 01:35 PM
Seemingly, in the end, this wasn't about you after all... :laugh:
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8678

You don't know that for sure now, do you? ;)

'NUT :gomer:

Ronbo
09-06-05, 12:44 AM
Kneepads??? What the.......

If you are talking about karting in Vegas, I'm in!!

manic mechanic
09-14-05, 01:27 AM
C'mon folks...We only have 5 drivers as of now.

I need some DRIVERS...there's only a couple dozen on these boards who have lapped me...I can take the humiliation!

manic

Playersfan
09-14-05, 10:20 PM

I need some DRIVERS...there's only a couple dozen on these boards who have lapped me...I can take the humiliation!

manic
Hi Kurt!Would love to be there and get lapped but I don't get in till Saturday morning,hope you can get enough people to race it sure is lots of fun.
Put me down for the Dromo challenge in Long Beach ,we never have trouble getting people for that event.See you next Saturday and good luck with the brunch and fan forum,I just know that you'll do a terrific job as usual .Champcar rules. Steve

PS.Keep some cold -ones for after the race ,My Airport shuddle has a 4.15 AM pick up time like last year and we can have a few again.

manic mechanic
09-16-05, 11:20 PM
Hi Kurt!Would love to be there and get lapped but I don't get in till Saturday morning,hope you can get enough people to race it sure is lots of fun.
Put me down for the Dromo challenge in Long Beach ,we never have trouble getting people for that event.See you next Saturday and good luck with the brunch and fan forum,I just know that you'll do a terrific job as usual .Champcar rules. Steve

PS.Keep some cold -ones for after the race ,My Airport shuddle has a 4.15 AM pick up time like last year and we can have a few again.

Steve,

this year, the brewery is downstairs at the hotel! :thumbup: :D

manic

manic mechanic
09-17-05, 05:05 PM

manic

The roster is now up to 9...Anyone else?? Bueller....Bueller....Bueller....

Winston Wolfe
09-29-05, 06:20 AM
Allright, MM - who won the deal ?
Who crashed who.... who was the fastest lap, who was the biggerst surprise, Did Cork show up with the Brazilian waxing kit.... what the dillio ????

Show us some love, and how about a "pressdog" style recap of the events... :D

manic mechanic
09-29-05, 10:42 PM
Allright, MM - who won the deal ?
Who crashed who.... who was the fastest lap, who was the biggerst surprise, Did Cork show up with the Brazilian waxing kit.... what the dillio ????

Show us some love, and how about a "pressdog" style recap of the events... :D

Well ~Senor, it goes like this:

Because we were less than 10 drivers, it was like a big practice session. I am the only one from this board. Ehud, Thee Anti Mikee, S&G Motorsports, and Mecca of Speed from CW along with 2 others in their party.

Ehud had run in a session before we all got registered and let his advantage show in our first session (yes, we ran more than one!). He went out first and never looked back.

I was 4th out and had a great dice going with TAM for 2nd (one spun in front of us a few laps in) for about 6 laps until he waved me by but by then Ehud was GONE!

I must say, now I know what it's like to have a good kart under you..I finished 2nd in the first session with a fast lap of 28.14 (AJ was there 3 nights earlier and ran mid 25s..he was 8th or 9th fastest for the week).

The second session there were only 4 drivers and I lost 2 laps getting suited up (ditched the Sparco suit..it's HOT in Vegas!!!). TAM had a very pleasant drive while the S&G guys each had spins. I got a LOOSE kart in the second session but after a few laps it came in and hooked up! I dodged the spinners and went on to set fast lap of the session with a low 27.8 (several mid-high 27.8s in a 10 lap stretch). My time made the top 50 list for the week.

Dude, that track is FUN!!! There is enough twisties to keep you in action, and even though the video "boot camp" says you can't run flat around there, guys like you, Cork, and Ryan would be really quick around there. :thumbup: I was merely quick compared to the group I was in. ;)

(author's note: It's very hard to comment on the rest of the field when you were IN the field...Asking for specifics like "who punted who" is kind of a moot point...I know I didn't bulldoze anyone, and nobody put me in the barriers but me...)

Such as it is, everybody had fun.

Youlda Hadda Been There, my friend! :D

manic