PDA

View Full Version : 2 Crew of Ganassi Busch team thrown out for the rest of the weekend at Bristol

devilmaster
08-26-05, 04:55 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=ap-nascar-crewmembersejected&prov=ap&type=lgns

BRISTOL, Tenn. (AP) -- Two members of Reed Sorenson's crew were thrown out of Bristol Motor Speedway on Friday after NASCAR officials caught the Busch team rubbing an unapproved substance on its tires.

Brian Pattie, crew chief for the No. 41 Dodge, and team member Brian Stafford were removed from track property and not allowed to participate in Friday night's Busch race.

Sorenson, who came into Bristol third in the Busch points standings, was not allowed to qualify for the race and ordered to start at the back of the field.

The tires were taken from the Chip Ganassi Racing team, and Busch Series director Joe Balash said the team would have to purchase new rubber from Goodyear to use in the race.

``There was an official that was just doing his job and saw that there were some substances being rubbed on a tire,'' Balash said. ``Instances like this have happened in the past, but we have not seen it recently.''

Balash said additional penalties would be handed down against the team next week.

Using any sort of substance on a tire -- a practice called ``soaking tires'' -- is done to increase grip and speed.

Ganassi officials were not immediately available for comment.

coolhand
08-26-05, 04:58 PM
i am not sure what to make of this, you have to either believe you are doing nothing wrong or are realy stupid.

I mean, if i was going to soak tires i would stack the tires and hide myself while doing it or somthing, it should not be hard to escape notice.

does CCWS have a similar rule about tire soaking? because i see people handling tires all the time out of the eye of officials.

B3RACER1a
08-27-05, 06:31 PM
not sure how well this would work. Arent these tires wearing out really quickly anyways? Doping them would just make them run away quicker. Maybe on the concrete its not as bad.

DagoFast
08-27-05, 09:01 PM
It's prolly not the fact they wuz cheatin, their more likely in big trouble cuz they stole the stuff from Ray Evernham.