PDA

View Full Version : No Conversions For Atlantics

NismoZ
08-26-05, 10:34 AM
Swift will deliver 40 new cars by the first week of March. They already have orders for 30! They've decided NOT to offer a conversion kit for the 014.a, so the entire field will consist of the new package. Interest is very strong and world wide. Wonders what the promise of a 2 million dollar prize can do! Question: Could/would Cosworth provide a powerplant for the 014 that might extend the life of that chassis and perhaps create an "entry level" feeder owned by ChampCar, resulting (again) in a 3-tier series? Or does the existence of F-BMW and Star Mazda now make that unnecessary?

KLang
08-26-05, 10:42 AM
NismoZ, shouldn't you be giving credit to the source of your information?

Early March doesn't leave a whole lot of time for testing. Do the Atlantics teams normally test much over the winter?

NismoZ
08-26-05, 11:01 AM
Oh, are there legalities involved? I read many forums as I'm sure you do. Many do not cite THEIR source as the same thing is reported on any number of sites. The original source was Formula Atlantic, Vicki O'connor, I suppose, but she does not report to me directly. :) I certainly don't make up the story but I'll be more careful in the future. Seemed innocent enough.

KLang
08-26-05, 11:05 AM
Oh, are there legalities involved?

I doubt it. The only place I'd seen the story was AR1. Just thought if that was the source they should get the credit. If not, never mind.. :)

Easy
08-26-05, 11:27 AM
I doubt it. The only place I'd seen the story was AR1. Just thought if that was the source they should get the credit. If not, never mind.. :)

If that was the source the story should be filed under, Champ Car Fan Fiction.

And please, lets not add yet another overpriced undersubscribed formula feeder series to the mix.

FCYTravis
08-26-05, 12:28 PM
Champ Car fanfic! :rofl:

I love it. :thumbup:

Easy's on a roll.

KLang
08-26-05, 12:34 PM
Here is the official announcement (http://www.toyotaatlantic.com/News/Article.asp?ID=1891)

NismoZ
08-26-05, 12:46 PM
Yeah, I was there, could have been THAT one. But of course according to some, even the secondary source is not to be believed, guess he'll have to wait 'til March.

cameraman
08-26-05, 01:13 PM
So the really important question is will Bob Siska order a 016.A?

Dr. Corkski
08-26-05, 01:40 PM
Oh, are there legalities involved?Yes, because MarkC already has a trademark on stealing rumors without giving credit. :gomer:

Steve99
08-26-05, 02:32 PM
Early March doesn't leave a whole lot of time for testing. Do the Atlantics teams normally test much over the winter?
I took it to mean that the last of the 40 cars would be delivered by early March, if they are ordered by September 7th. If they stagger the delivery of cars then everyone should get at least one before then. The multi-car teams can start their testing with just one car.

Do Atlantics teams usually have backup cars?

trauma1
08-26-05, 03:25 PM
Yes, because MarkC already has a trademark on stealing rumors without giving credit. :gomer:
it amazing he cuts and pastes from autosport and pitpass and then gets pissed when some else posts the same info, they probably got from autosport

trauma1
08-26-05, 03:44 PM
I took it to mean that the last of the 40 cars would be delivered by early March, if they are ordered by September 7th. If they stagger the delivery of cars then everyone should get at least one before then. The multi-car teams can start their testing with just one car.

Do Atlantics teams usually have backup cars?
i believe some do and the cash strapped teams only have 1 car