PDA

View Full Version : Action Performance buyout

cameraman
08-24-05, 07:16 PM
You have to wonder if they will keep anything not NASCAR....

In an unusual pairing, the France family's International Speedway Corp. and Bruton Smith's Speedway Motorsports are teaming to buy Action Performance, which sells racing souvenirs, for a reported $13 a share, according to sources close to the negotiations.

Action Performance and the Jack Roush-owned Team Caliber are the top two souvenir companies in the NASCAR world, and Daytona executives have been interested in acquiring souvenir rights to all NASCAR stars in order to package them as part of a stock-car racing "mall" at each of the Nextel Cup tour's top tracks.

Jag_Warrior
08-24-05, 07:58 PM
As a person who has enough diecasts to qualify for some sort of intervention... this suuuuucks!!!!! :thumdown:

Well, so much for ChampCar and Action, I figure. Maybe Minichamps or Hot Wheels can be brought in on the next CCWS chassis.

Andrew Longman
08-25-05, 12:51 PM
I suppose that means that the teams will be pleased that their souvenier trailers will be pushed out in favor of a traveling NASCAR mall that only shares as much revenue with the teams as they want.

I saw Team Caliper for the first time at WG. I didn't realize thats a Roush deal. Well of course the Frances wouldn't what one of their teams controlling a revenue stream when they can control it themselves.

CCWS should go with Hot Wheels anyway. I'm much more impressed with their stuff of late anyway and their pricing seem more connected with reality