PDA

View Full Version : What TITLE SPONSOR Would You Like For ChampCar?

NismoZ
08-24-05, 02:25 PM
Fed Ex :)

CART T. Katz
08-24-05, 02:36 PM
coca cola or dr pepper

just as long as it's not pepsi

cameraman
08-24-05, 02:54 PM
Any company that will actually use CCWS as part of their marketing efforts would be fine by me.

rabbit
08-24-05, 03:00 PM
OffCamber.Net

I'm in for $5.

Turn7
08-24-05, 03:08 PM
None.

I wish the sport was healthy enough so that a title sponsor was not even desired by the owners of the series.

Al Czervik
08-24-05, 07:40 PM
Clabber Girl :gomer:

dando
08-24-05, 07:43 PM
Gooooooogle. Beats the heck out of Northern Lights. :gomer: :D

-Kevin

Hard Driver
08-25-05, 01:25 AM
Beer ( Miller - Sam Adams - Budweiser )

CDW

FedEx

Winston

Google

Michaelhatesfans
08-25-05, 01:42 AM
Hawaiian Tropic.

CART License
08-25-05, 01:59 AM
http://www.calstarshockey.com/images_old/hooters.jpg

Robstar
08-25-05, 05:02 AM
An oil co. of some description would have a nice ring to it...
Castrol, Penrite, Mobil etc

<<oooo evil post count... :D

Insomniac
08-25-05, 05:30 AM
None.

I wish the sport was healthy enough so that a title sponsor was not even desired by the owners of the series.

It actually works the other way. When the series is healthy, companies want to pay $$$ to be the title sponsor.

Turn7
08-25-05, 07:11 AM
It actually works the other way. When the series is healthy, companies want to pay $$$ to be the title sponsor.

True but, you think NASCAR could find a title sponsor?
Hell yes they could but, they don't. Get my point?

rosawendel
08-25-05, 08:25 AM
one that would reduce the name of the series to less than 10 words.
:thumbup:
p.s., yeah i'm adding the word "the" to "Champ Car World Series"

trauma1
08-25-05, 08:39 AM
fed ex no way they really didn't do jack when they were in the series

nrc
08-25-05, 08:41 AM
True but, you think NASCAR could find a title sponsor?
Hell yes they could but, they don't. Get my point?

Sure they do. NASCAR is the sanctioning body, Nextel Cup is the series.

Stu
08-25-05, 10:12 AM
http://www.calstarshockey.com/images_old/hooters.jpg

Hooters would be cool but it wouldn't be taken seriously. Although it would be nice to have some hot chicks there (unlike the miss cleveland grand prix competition).

Honestly, any respecatable company with the money and sincerity to promote the series works.

NismoZ
08-25-05, 11:34 AM
By golly, we could present "The Hooters Cups" to the champs at season's end. Wait a minute, I think someone already does that :saywhat:

NismoZ
08-25-05, 11:36 AM
And, the "evil post #" only works if you notice it. You're dead! :p

Turn7
08-25-05, 12:11 PM
Sure they do. NASCAR is the sanctioning body, Nextel Cup is the series.

Im a dumbass.
:gomer:

Andrew Longman
08-25-05, 12:45 PM
Poweraide and Nextel have proven to me (without knowing anything about their actual marketing returns on investment) that motorsports sponsorship can work very well beyond tobacco and automotive-related companies.

That said, whatever the company it should be for the long haul and become part of the series overall marketing identity (how many of you have yet to completely purged Winston from your motorsport vocabulary?) So they have to have financial stability and a long view to marketing.

With that in mind I think it should be a relatively sophisiticated company/product or at least not an ordinary, run of the mill, product like Kleenex or Doritos. And they need an international footprint. A company with strong B2B, but not only B2B elements would seem good (that's why FedEx was good).

Perhaps DHL. They've recently bought Airborne and are trying hard to firm up their brand internationally. And they've already invested in sponsorship. Unfortunately, my impression is they are not that marketing savvy. UPS might work for the same reason and they are much better at managing their brand.

SAP might be another choice, though tech fortunes are up and down and they are entirely B2B

A telecom like Verizon or Cellular works too

Maybe a big financial services player

oddlycalm
08-25-05, 01:11 PM
That said, whatever the company it should be for the long haul and become part of the series overall marketing identity (how many of you have yet to completely purged Winston from your motorsport vocabulary?) So they have to have financial stability and a long view to marketing. Realistically, CCWS doesn't have the TV numbers at the moment to appeal to a consumer product company in a traditional manner. What it does have is strong track attendence numbers however.

On the 50 best beers thread I posted about how Pabst is gaining market share without doing any advertising. It has begun doing guerilla marketing by quietly funding local events in it's strongest market. Walk up exposure to a couple million race fans would be a relatively low bucks way to take the next step. Pabst and 27 other brands including former race sponsors, Strohs and Old Milwakee, are held by a charitable trust located in San Antonio. The company doesn't advertise, but it is interested in growing it's brands.

oc

spinner26
08-25-05, 03:03 PM
Perhaps DHL. They've recently bought Airborne and are trying hard to firm up their brand internationally.

For more than 35 years, DHL has built the world's premier global delivery network by trailblazing express shipping in one country after another. Over 220 countries and territories later, DHL is the global market leader of the international express and logistics industry. DHL specializes in providing customers with innovative and customized transportation solutions from a single source.

1969, Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom and Robert Lynn (D, H, and L) founded DHL as a service shuttling bills of lading between San Francisco and Honolulu. The company grew rapidly and in a few years initiated service to the Philippines, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia, creating an entirely new industry of international door-to-door express service in the Pacific Basin. Steady expansion continued in the 1970's as DHL initiated service to Europe (1974), Latin America (1977), the Middle East (1978) and Africa (1978). The international delivery company was the first to bring air express to the Eastern Bloc countries in 1983 and to the People's Republic of China in 1986.

And they've already invested in sponsorship. Unfortunately, my impression is they are not that marketing savvy.

DHL is proud to support the United States Olympic Committee and United States Olympic Team, Major League Baseball® and the Miami Dolphins.

I believe DHL would be the hands down best sponsor. Although DHL started in the US in 1969, they have been the International leader for many years in small package delivery. With the way CCWS wants to open to the Pacific rim they already have name recognition if they partner with DHL. Go for it Amigo's all they can say is no.

Sponsorship Proposal Submission
DHL receives a significant number of requests for sponsorship. While we are unable to support every worthwhile opportunity, we do read and evaluate every request.
The Process:

1. Complete the web questionnaire.
2. DHL Sponsorships Department will review all requests submitted via the web questionnaire.
3. You will be notified within 30 days if additional information is needed.
4. Notification of decision by DHL Sponsorships will be sent to the address provided in the questionnaire.

Ready to take the first step? Click here to begin the web questionnaire.

Other than my opinion, all information came from WWW.DHL.COM

ncmlj
08-25-05, 04:35 PM
Im a dumbass.

That's what I was thinking when I read the first post :D

CART License
08-25-05, 07:11 PM
http://pchousecall.biz/images/sirius.jpg

NismoZ
08-25-05, 07:35 PM
So...DHL? Do they have big pretty yellow and red airplanes? I only chose FedEx 'cause I love the colors and logo! :gomer: (and they can haul ChampCars all over the map!) :)

Stu
08-25-05, 07:52 PM
So...DHL? Do they have big pretty yellow and red airplanes? I only chose FedEx 'cause I love the colors and logo! :gomer: (and they can haul ChampCars all over the map!) :)

DHL would be crazy. Fed Ex and UPS have Cup Cars, DHL would have it's own series?

NismoZ
08-25-05, 09:56 PM
Heck yes! I'm not sure I follow. Because FedEx and UPS sponsor single cars, you are saying it would not be smart for DHL to support an entire series?

Jervis Tetch 1
08-25-05, 10:25 PM
Microsoft

spinner26
08-26-05, 11:51 AM
I'm all for DHL, but this ain't lookin good.

http://67.19.177.10/newphotos/weird/weird660.jpg

rabbit
08-26-05, 12:03 PM
I'm all for DHL, but this ain't lookin good.
http://january-2004.wisdomandwit.com/photogallery/UPS%20vs%20FEDEX%20wreck.jpg

Dr. Corkski
08-26-05, 01:41 PM
Vandelay Industries

racer2c
08-26-05, 01:46 PM
DHL would be a nice fit, although I hate their ketchup and mustard colors.

dando
08-26-05, 01:48 PM
Vandelay Industries
Classic! :thumbup:

"And you want to be my latex salesman."

-Kevin

dando
08-26-05, 01:51 PM
Microsoft
But that would mean the schedule would be delayed indefinitely each year, features would need to be removed from the series to meet deadlines, and the obligatory weekly patch would need to be installed. :D

-Kevin

KLang
08-26-05, 02:25 PM
But that would mean the schedule would be delayed indefinitely each year, features would need to be removed from the series to meet deadlines, and the obligatory weekly patch would need to be installed. :D

-Kevin

Not to mention the dashboard Blue Screen of Death. 'and Tracy franticaly tries to make his gloved fingers press CNTL-ALT-DEL as his car coasts to a stop on the front straight!' :laugh:

spinner26
08-26-05, 02:51 PM
DHL would be a nice fit, although I hate their ketchup and mustard colors.

Back in the 80's and 90's we wore red and gray. Then they wore red white and blue up til last year. Since the International side bought out the domestic side I suppose they "grandfathered" the nasty colors. I will say it looks good on track though.

Stu
08-27-05, 08:35 AM
Heck yes! I'm not sure I follow. Because FedEx and UPS sponsor single cars, you are saying it would not be smart for DHL to support an entire series?

I'm saying it would be a good way to leap over FedEx and UPS in the motor sport advertising department. It would be crazy cuz out of no where they just leap frogged their competition. Champ Car obviously doesn't have the ratings of Cup, but if Champ Car grew, it would be similar to what Nextel did to Cingular and Alltel in the new Nextel Cup.

Insomniac
08-28-05, 09:23 AM
Not to mention the dashboard Blue Screen of Death. 'and Tracy franticaly tries to make his gloved fingers press CNTL-ALT-DEL as his car coasts to a stop on the front straight!' :laugh:

PT doesn't need a BSOD for that to happen. :)

MSG
08-28-05, 04:54 PM
Title sponsor....? Bring PPG back. Their support for the series in its early days was unbelieveable.