PDA

View Full Version : McNutty Does "The Time Warp"

nrc
08-24-05, 08:46 AM
There's a race in Canada so it must be time for McNutty to dredge up the reunification non-story.

http://autonet.ca/Motorsports/Story.cfm?Story=/Motorsports/Champ/2005/07/10/1128319-sun.html

IRL boss Tony George told the Indianapolis Star earlier this week he's through offering Champ Car officials any more deals that would bring the two together for even a few races next season.

"I don't think (reconciliation) is possible for 2006," George said.

George went even further later in the interview, telling the newspaper he's convinced there'll never be re-unification.

"I don't think it's possible ever," he said.

The trouble is that quote from "earlier this week" is actually from back in July.
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/irl/news_story.asp?ID=129569&hubName=

The stuff from Molson sounds recycled, too. But I can't find another source for it.

nrc
08-24-05, 08:55 AM
Ha. Found that link on Track Forum. Although the time stamp on the page implies that the story is current, the URL suggests that the whole story is from July.

"Story=/Motorsports/Champ/2005/07/10/1128319"

The Champ car watch dogs never miss a sliver of negative news about Champ car but they can't spot a story from two months ago. :laugh:

Don Quixote
08-24-05, 09:31 AM
So sometimes when we say "old news", it really is. :laugh:

racer2c
08-24-05, 11:00 AM
Ha. Found that link on Track Forum. Although the time stamp on the page implies that the story is current, the URL suggests that the whole story is from July.

"Story=/Motorsports/Champ/2005/07/10/1128319"

The Champ car watch dogs never miss a sliver of negative news about Champ car but they can't spot a story from two months ago. :laugh:

Excellent work nrc! :thumbup:

KLang
08-24-05, 11:06 AM

They are even making stuff up now. Check out the thread about Vancouver. :rolleyes:

Shadow
08-25-05, 08:37 PM
They are even making stuff up now. Check out the thread about Vancouver. :rolleyes:

I don't know how Wilke can even sleep straight he is so intellectually dishonest.

Jervis Tetch 1
08-25-05, 10:26 PM
I don't know how Wilke can even sleep straight he is so intellectually dishonest.He can't, he's crooked. Honestly doesn't this guy have a girlfriend or something, even a pet that can take his mind of Champ Car.

What a tool. :gomer:

Shadow
08-26-05, 08:41 PM
He can't, he's crooked. Honestly doesn't this guy have a girlfriend or something, even a pet that can take his mind of Champ Car.

What a tool. :gomer:

Every time I get on Turd Forum I comment on something Wilkie has said and I'm history again. So, I've given up.

pchall
08-26-05, 08:51 PM
So, how many times should we e-mail his editor?