PDA

View Full Version : What teams & drivers would you like to see in Champcars?

Fio1
08-24-05, 02:30 AM
We all can see that Champcars is in the up and up, even if we don't have Danica and team goon (aka, team andretti).

What teams (Atlantic, etc) and drivers would you like to see make the jump to Champcars in the near future?

I'd like to see Super Nova, Racing Engineering & Coloni make the jump to Champcars. I'd real love to see Nico Rosberg in the series next year. But, I think he'll stay in Europe. And, Alexandre Premat, Colin Fleming, Elton Julian, Darren Manning, Neel Jani, Oliver Pla and Adam Carroll in the series next year. Scuito & Wirth in 2007. :thumbup:

coolhand
08-24-05, 04:03 AM
it would never happen but the only Euro team i would like to see over here is Arden International.

Easy
08-24-05, 10:47 AM
Leyton House or Andrea Moda

:p

jonovision_man
08-24-05, 10:54 AM
it would never happen but the only Euro team i would like to see over here is Arden International.

Williams :D Hey, they already have Cossies, fatten up the chassis a bit and they're in business. ;)

jono

Dr. Corkski
08-24-05, 11:52 AM
Leyton House or Andrea Moda

:pI raise you with Life Racing Engines. :p

Easy
08-24-05, 12:31 PM
I raise you with Life Racing Engines. :p

14 failed qualifying attempts yes (I had to google it), but did any of their key personal get special attention from federal authorities or Interpol?

extramundane
08-24-05, 12:42 PM
Where's the Coloni love?

FCYTravis
08-24-05, 01:09 PM
RJS/Jensen Motorsport.

nrc
08-24-05, 01:35 PM
Penske Racing. Because when that happens the IRL will be done for sure. :D

I would have liked to have seen Dorricott move up. The same thing with Lynx or DSTP, but I don't know if they ever had any ambition for that.

Fogarty, Valiente, Orsi, Speed, and half a dozen in the wings on the driver side.

jonovision_man
08-24-05, 01:37 PM
Penske Racing. Because when that happens the IRL will be done for sure. :D

I'd like to see Penske, but more because the series needs a villian. :D Too much good will in the paddock these days, Bourdais vs PT is fun and all but we need something with a lot more venom. :)

jono

coolhand
08-24-05, 01:55 PM
there is nothing wrong with having a team to root againt.

Penske and Ganassi are perfect for that position.

NismoZ
08-24-05, 02:22 PM
Champion Team Cosworth, Dyson... ;)

mueber
08-24-05, 02:36 PM
Mueber Racing ;)

Dr. Corkski
08-24-05, 02:37 PM
Blackhawk/Gainsco Racing. Though I heard their PR guy is a bit of a Grand-Am shill. ;)

Turn7
08-24-05, 03:10 PM
For noteriaty sake, Gibbs Racing, Childress Racing and Hendricks Racing. Maybe even DEI. Add in Williams, McLaren and Ferrari for flavor.

Bring the hayseeds and Eurotrash with them to drive.

theunions
08-24-05, 06:38 PM
I would have liked to have seen Dorricott move up. The same thing with Lynx or DSTP, but I don't know if they ever had any ambition for that.

DSTP supposedly did.

Wabbit
08-24-05, 06:44 PM
I'd really like to see Coyne show up with a real team and driver. :rofl:

Easy
08-25-05, 11:29 AM
Some more gems:

Lola F1 team. (a scant 12 seconds off the pace at their first GP attempt)

Forti Corse (Shannon Group days)

Okay, bringing back shady or terrible F1 teams is fun but doesn't this thread and the series sponsor thread belong at ChampCar Fantasies?