PDA

View Full Version : Scott Speed, Red Bull, Atlantics & A1GP!?

NismoZ
08-23-05, 07:33 PM
OK, What's up? 1) Red Bull being rumored as the title sponsor for Atlantics. 2) Scott Speed says he'll have "an announcement" to make at Monza.. about an testing ride? About an A1 ride? 3) Another rumor says Red Bull may be the primary sponsor for Team US in A1GP 4) Speed is listed as one of 3 drivers by Team USA. Hmmm....Marko was in Denver, does RB have enough to do ALL this? I hope they just YANK the League $$ and send them OUR way! Sorry, Eddie.

coolhand
08-23-05, 09:12 PM
speed is rumoured also o be trying yo get out of his red Bull contract so he can get into F1 quicker.

and i would take a GP2 ride over A1 anyday

extramundane
08-23-05, 09:20 PM
speed is rumoured also o be trying yo get out of his red Bull contract so he can get into F1 quicker.

I don't see how getting out of his Red Bull contract would help acheive that goal, unless he's got a shload of cash earmarked for Paul Stoddart.

and i would take a GP2 ride over A1 anyday

It's well within the realm of possibility that he'll have both.

NismoZ
08-23-05, 09:21 PM
Yeah, sounds like Red Bull has created sort of a log jam at the door to F-1. I can understand not wanting to wait around.

NismoZ
08-24-05, 01:36 PM
:cool: Speed on top so far in today's Paul Ricard HTTT... test!

oddlycalm
08-24-05, 01:46 PM
Speed has been announced as test driver for the Red Bull F1 team behind Coulthard and either Klien or Liuzzi for 2nd spot.

oc

NismoZ
08-24-05, 01:51 PM
So...he's free to run the Red Bull Team USA A1GP entry in the "off" season...right? :confused:

NismoZ
08-24-05, 01:56 PM
Just wondering...where should we put our A1GP posts...Ladders, or Others?

jonovision_man
08-24-05, 02:27 PM

Considering they'll be down on power (and talent!) to GP2, tough to call it anything but a ladder series...

jono

jonovision_man
08-24-05, 02:36 PM
Autosport-Atlas:

Scott Speed continued his week of being in the limelight by topping the test times for A1 Grand Prix's second official test session at Paul Ricard.

The American is set to be announced as Red Bull Racing's official test driver for next season at the Italian Grand Prix and had also hit the headlines by criticising the format of the GP2 series he currently races in, saying that the reverse grid system for the second race was ridiculous.

Sounds to me like he'll be doing both...

Dr. Corkski
08-24-05, 02:38 PM
Considering they'll be down on power (and talent!) to GP2, tough to call it anything but a ladder series...

jonoBut A1GP has Ananda Mikola! :gomer:

High Sided
08-24-05, 11:47 PM

I say think possative and put them in others. I'm hoping for some good racing from the begining.

NismoZ
08-25-05, 02:46 PM
Scott Speed fastest again at Paul Ricard, ahead of Premat and Piquet, day2 of testing. They practiced rolling AND standing starts as they will do both in the 2 heat format.

NismoZ
08-26-05, 10:09 AM
AND...Today Red Bull says Speed has their blessing to run A1 in the winter months "to gain experience"...they WANT him to test and race. Makes sense, but one wonders sometimes.