PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR... By the numbers

JoeBob
03-14-03, 12:22 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nascar/2002-12-12-wrecks-cover_x.htm

mnkywrch
03-14-03, 07:49 AM
Steve Park was involved in the most wrecks?

Yeah, sounds about right...

cart7
03-14-03, 11:08 AM
RACER had those stats posted last year.

While Steve seems like a nice guy, I'm sorry, you can hear the guys speech is impaired. I've got to believe he's not 100% elsewhere as well and how would NASCAR know anyway. I don't think they started baseline tests before his crash. He needs to be taken off the track before he hurts someone.

DaveL
03-14-03, 11:22 AM
Park has been completely out to lunch since the crash. He only had 2 top 10 finishes last year, and one of those was at Dega where a good finish is more a matter of avoiding the Big Wreck and ending up in the right pack of cars than anything else. Outside of those 2 finishes, he cracked the top 15 only once (Richmond). These numbers are a shadow of what he accomplished prior to the crash. I don't believe he is 100% of what he was, and should not be allowed to drive until he is...if he ever is again.

mnkywrch
03-14-03, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by DaveL
Park has been completely out to lunch since the crash. He only had 2 top 10 finishes last year, and one of those was at Dega where a good finish is more a matter of avoiding the Big Wreck and ending up in the right pack of cars than anything else. Outside of those 2 finishes, he cracked the top 15 only once (Richmond). These numbers are a shadow of what he accomplished prior to the crash. I don't believe he is 100% of what he was, and should not be allowed to drive until he is...if he ever is again.

And you're just talking about his crash at Darlington.

He had that bad wreck at Atlanta early on... I mean, I know he won after that wreck (Watkins Glen, go figure), but the guy has had some serious impacts. You can only bounce back from so many bad wrecks.