PDA

View Full Version : Cool article on Bruno

Anteater
08-23-05, 06:42 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9564

He'll be back in the car in Mexico City, and has many good things to say about CCWS in the meantime. :thumbup:

trish
08-23-05, 07:08 PM
How can anyone not love this guy? I'm looking forward to his return in Mexico City. :)

RaceGrrl
08-23-05, 11:33 PM
He whines. The "it's not fair!" comment of a few years ago was enough to put me off Bruno. Don't love him, don't really hate him, I just don't miss him that much this season.

skaven
08-23-05, 11:45 PM
It would be nice if NH would run 3 cars for the season finale. Servia should be able to finish out the season, and an extra car on the grid is always a plus.

If Blinkie recovers fully, I wonder where Servia will wind up? For the first time in many years, I'll be looking forward to silly season. :thumbup:

indyfan31
08-24-05, 12:34 AM
He whines. The "it's not fair!" comment of a few years ago was enough to put me off Bruno. Don't love him, don't really hate him, I just don't miss him that much this season.
Same here, don't like him, never did.
That said, I hope he recovers fully, he didn't deserve this.

TKGAngel
08-24-05, 08:45 AM
When Servia took over for Junky, did he automatically inherit Bruno's point total, or are all of the points credited to Servia so far the ones Servia has earned in the races he's driven? If its the latter, then Servia's done an amazing job in stepping in and managing to run 3rd in the championship (and if SeeBass falls off the face of the earth, could potentially win). Why would N/H pull this guy out, so that Junky can come back?

Good to see that his recovery is going well. :)

Don Quixote
08-24-05, 09:29 AM
Put me in the "fan of Bruno" column. I was watching how the other folks in the paddock were reacting to him at the Denver race. Everyone, (crewmembers, drivers, owners, even PT, etc), were stopping to yuck it up with him, and you could see the respect and fondness that they have for him. And whining aside, the boy can flat out race a car. :thumbup:

Easy
08-24-05, 10:46 AM
When Servia took over for Junky, did he automatically inherit Bruno's point total, or are all of the points credited to Servia so far the ones Servia has earned in the races he's driven? If its the latter, then Servia's done an amazing job in stepping in and managing to run 3rd in the championship (and if SeeBass falls off the face of the earth, could potentially win). Why would N/H pull this guy out, so that Junky can come back?

Good to see that his recovery is going well. :)

No inheiriting of points. All Servia's including any points earned with DCR.

Warlock!
08-24-05, 10:52 AM
Whoa... was he drunk during that interview??? I've never heard so much gushing love towards Champcar in my life. Sounds like back in the high school days, when that one date had a couple too many beers after she did those shots of peppermint Schnapps, and proceded to tell you how much she loved you and how good you were to her and so on.

Of course, I bought into her drunken love slurs and married her.

nrc
08-24-05, 11:01 AM
I love you, man! :cry:

TKGAngel
08-24-05, 11:51 AM
Whoa... was he drunk during that interview??? I've never heard so much gushing love towards Champcar in my life. Sounds like back in the high school days, when that one date had a couple too many beers after she did those shots of peppermint Schnapps, and proceded to tell you how much she loved you and how good you were to her and so on.

Maybe there's Champcar Kool-Aid now?

Anteater
08-24-05, 09:13 PM
Despite Bruno's talent, I confess that I have not been a fan of his; like a few of you, the whining put me off. But he has shown a lot of spirit since his wreck at Indy, and I have to admire him for it. I wish him all the best.

Jervis Tetch 1
08-25-05, 10:27 PM
Go Bruno :thumbup:

F-You Quatro, you effin' wanker :flame:

manic mechanic
08-26-05, 04:06 PM
That's my man!

All of you that dislike him because of his "whining" just don't know the guy..Bruno is a class act from start to finish.

Besides that, I have never heard another driver apologize to his crew during the cool-down lap...for finishing second!! The guy goes out and sets fast race lap (3 in a row actually), knocks 5 seconds off the lead, brings the car home without as much as a scratch on it, then apologizes to his crew because he didn't win!

THAT, my friends, is a racer! :thumbup:

He's also a very cool person once you get to know him.

manic

RaceGrrl
08-26-05, 09:12 PM
I don't have an issue with him personally, he's always been very nice in the paddock. I just don't like his whining while racing.

NismoZ
08-26-05, 09:53 PM
At the Milwaukee test earlier this summer I was a N/H guest and during a brief respite in testing Bruno climbed out of the car to use the "facility". In the meantime the guys had pushed the car back to the transporter to do some work. Bruno walks back to the pit and as he gets up to where we were standing he just stops and stares...no car! I pointed behind him where the crew was already unbuttoning it, he turned, waved both arms up and down and said, "I guess I'm done!" :) If there is one thing I've noticed hanging around the N/H pits the last couple of years is, he is SO competitive. He's a race driver, That's a GOOD thing! I can't wait to see him back.

theunions
08-27-05, 02:50 AM
No inheiriting of points. All Servia's including any points earned with DCR.

That said, his car still deceptively carries the single Win sticker Bruno earned in Monterrey.

cameraman
08-27-05, 02:55 AM
That said, his car still deceptively carries the single Win sticker Bruno earned in Monterrey.

That would be because the car won the race.
Newman/Haas still gets credit for the win.