PDA

View Full Version : Say It Ain't So Robin

DaveL
08-21-05, 07:47 PM
Saw Robin on Speed tonight. Regretfully there is talk of Cheep coming back to CC so he can be competitive again. Seems he doesn't have much faith in Ta-yota.

Screw 'em :thumdown:

trish
08-21-05, 07:50 PM
I wouldn't take that too seriously. No way he's coming back.

Jag_Warrior
08-21-05, 08:37 PM
Where is OWRS, LLC registered? I mean is there any chance that Cheap could file a discrimination lawsuit if they refused him entry or engines? Is there any law in Indy prohibiting discrimination against fat, greedy, backstabbing b@$tards?

I'd rather pay $200 for a one day race ticket if it means they could afford not to have any cars that he'd bring. Heck, I'll even stop making fun of Nelson Phillipe and start cheering for him every weekend... just don't bring Fatassi back! :thumdown:

Sean O'Gorman
08-21-05, 08:39 PM
Ugh, I don't know if its worth weakening the IRL by nabbing Ganassi. I don't know who is worse, him or Andretti.

Jervis Tetch 1
08-21-05, 08:42 PM
Hey guys, I hate Cheep Fatassi as much as any of you, but if this means putting some nails in FTG's coffin along with his idiot racing league, then bring me a hammer.

Also this would give me a team to hate. Sports ain't the same unless you have someone to hate like the Raiders, Ohio State football, the Pistons, the Marlins and Patriots.

dando
08-21-05, 08:56 PM
Sports ain't the same unless you have someone to hate like...Ohio State football.

Aw shucks, JT1. Kisses to you, too. :gomer:

Gotta agree on the racing rivalries, tho. I grew up a FRP hattah, and I still am. Now about dem Hackeyes.... :D

-Kevin

formulaben
08-21-05, 09:24 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Michael Andretti can go play on the freeway. He deficated upon the series that made him who he is today. Ganassi on the other hand, at least had the respect to (mostly) keep his mouth shut as he left. He knew where his bread is buttered and unlike Rahole, he kept his intentions above-board. I'd personally welcome him back, but trust is another matter...

coolhand
08-21-05, 09:27 PM
I have no problem with chp and two cars back in the series, it will make it stonger.

OWRS does not have much illwill towards chip either, he was long gone before KK came on the scene.

Jervis Tetch 1
08-21-05, 09:32 PM
Aw shucks, JT1. Kisses to you, too. :gomer:

Gotta agree on the racing rivalries, tho. I grew up a FRP hattah, and I still am. Now about dem Hackeyes.... :D

-Kevin :thumbup:

devilmaster
08-21-05, 09:56 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Michael Andretti can go play on the freeway. He deficated upon the series that made him who he is today.

Absolutely.

Ganassi on the other hand, at least had the respect to (mostly) keep his mouth shut as he left. He knew where his bread is buttered and unlike Rahole, he kept his intentions above-board. I'd personally welcome him back, but trust is another matter...

Now, I don't know about that. I remember Chip flappin those fatass gums of his, and quite frequently too.

I would take back everyone for as long as it takes for this. Unlike the IRL - we'll have one line, and all the fans will line up, and we'll put all the traitors sitting side by side on bar stools, and everyone will be allowed to slap them three stooges style. And if yer a hockey fan, you can do it with sticks a'la the Hanson brothers from Slap Shot.

Now once that's done, maybe we'll let them back in, depending if each of them are willing and able to walk up to the mike and say they are sorry for being a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is. (thanks chevy) But they also have to agree to apologise every time TV interviews them during races, and we ensure that TV talks to each of them at least once every race.

During the lifestyle segment of the TV broadcast, we have them perform some silly act, like having Cheep run across a vast expanse (he'll run if we put a buffet table on the other side) while 'hunters' with paintball guns shoot like its duck-hunting season on daffy duck. (If AJ comes back, perhaps he can skip this round, only cause he had all those bee-stings.... maybe.)

(i ain't done!) Next, they should have to put out Hero cards of their own. On them, is a photo of them with an apologetic face, with the words i'm sorry emblazoned on top. On the back, instead of a bio, there are all the old quotes when they left, just so they are reminded of the **** they spewed earlier.

Do you have ideas to add to the list? Feel free to add them.

Sean O'Gorman
08-21-05, 10:06 PM
I don't think Chip was anti-CART, because Chip only looks out for Chip. The problem is, that may be just as damaging as any other agenda.

Jag_Warrior
08-21-05, 10:16 PM
We are talking about the same beady-eyed, obese person who wanted intricate details of the CART business plan going forward... as he was planning his exit? The same guy who was going to act as a strawman for Tony George? That Chip Ganassi, right?

We need a team to hate? Let's get the Aryan Nations to sponsor a car instead of bringing Cheap back.

cart7
08-21-05, 10:23 PM
While the thought of Floyd back in the series is causing me problems http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/cwm/cwm/puke.gif

I suggest a rule forcing him to be the last served at the year end banquet.

and no exceptions to the menu either like brown gravy and tater tots.

fourrunner
08-21-05, 10:35 PM
If Chip Ganassi decides he want's to come back to Champ Car , I have absolutely no doubt that he will be welcomed back with open arms

He would return with a minimum of 2 cars, and he runs a first class operation

It makes perfect business sense for Champ Car, and it would be a coup in regards to the change in the balance of power between the series !

Champ Car will take back anybody that can afford the price of admission !

The series has rules, and as long as Chip want's to abide by them, I see no problem ... Will add a little color too!!

devilmaster
08-21-05, 10:51 PM
4rnr - wouldn't it be more fun to heckle jeer and throw things at him?

Dude, we need to sit down over steaks again, so I can once again brainwa.... talk to you.

Ankf00
08-21-05, 10:58 PM
only if cheap buys me a whole side of brisket at any and every race I decide to attend. and then I get to dump the fat on his head afterwards.

fourrunner
08-21-05, 11:01 PM
4rnr - wouldn't it be more fun to heckle jeer and throw things at him?

Dude, we need to sit down over steaks again, so I can once again brainwa.... talk to you.

I didn't say I wouldn't throw things at him !! But you have to get him back in the series to do that ... If it happens, that first race should be a doozy from a "die hard" fan aspect !!

As far as those steaks ... absolutely ... but I have to get a passport now!!! :)

dando
08-21-05, 11:04 PM
Only....and ONLY....if I can watch the bastid be circumcised. I'll even volunteer a rusty knife. :mad:

-Kevin

Audi_A4
08-21-05, 11:14 PM
as a fan of open wheel racing I would welcome back ganassi, rahal and andretti ... champcar needs cars with good drivers and top teams.

Al Czervik
08-21-05, 11:16 PM
The whole thing is, would Cheeeep be competitive in Champcar? His success came when he had good people and drivers working for him. I don't think he has the people behind him now. Maybe Coyne could show him a thing or two...

Hard Driver
08-21-05, 11:32 PM
I think this would just show that the grass in the IRL is not as green as in Champcar. Generate press for Champcar (good thing) and would be fine. I might not root for him and hope others kick his butt. But his return would be good for the sport and show that Champcar has rebounded. I would like Penske back too.

Lizzerd
08-21-05, 11:39 PM
If any of those rats, (Cheep, Whiner, Pimpske, Rayhole, FAdrian) come back to Champ Car, I will reluctantly welcome them. But (and I have said this before) I assure you that if I see any of them in the paddock, I will be loud and vocal in letting them know how I feel about their leaving the series that made them all rich and famous.

Some of you who know me might say "naw, that's not like him to do something like that..." Well, let me tell you, you doubters, let me get primed with a few beers and then follow me through the paddock at the next race any of them are at. I can surprise you.

Bottom line is that quality, funded teams are welcome, even if the team owners are rat-bastard pukes. Makes me yell "Go PT" even louder.

devilmaster
08-22-05, 12:04 AM
Some of you who know me might say "naw, that's not like him to do something like that..." Well, let me tell you, you doubters, let me get primed with a few beers and then follow me through the paddock at the next race any of them are at. I can surprise you.

Hmm, I remember a time, a couple years ago...... <dream sequence dissolve>

You, Cam and I sitting in the F1 pit lane during friday practice the week before the Indy 500. We heckled (and i mean heckled) TG (twice!), penske, chip, told Gil to be careful.... Man, that was a good day. I think we heckled some others, but just can't remember.

So in other words, I will vouch for you, my friend. And i'll be right beside ya heckling away.

DaveL
08-22-05, 12:10 AM
I say if Fat Floyd comes back they should set up a dunk tank at every race and charge $5 for three balls. The amount of people who want a shot will more than cover the sanctioning fee for the race...and then some.

RaceGrrl
08-22-05, 12:25 AM
I say if Fat Floyd comes back they should set up a dunk tank at every race and charge $5 for three balls. The amount of people who want a shot will more than cover the sanctioning fee for the race...and then some.

Hell yeah, I'd pay $5 for three balls, and I wouldn't be pitching at the target, unless you consider Chip's head the target.

Screw Ganassi. Let him dangle in the wind. He doesn't deserve to be back in Champ Car. F'ing traitor.

DaveL
08-22-05, 12:32 AM
Hell yeah, I'd pay $5 for three balls, and I wouldn't be pitching at the target, unless you consider Chip's head the target.

I was thinking of a target a little lower, like around the torso area.

formulaben
08-22-05, 01:17 AM
as a fan of open wheel racing I would welcome back ganassi, rahal and andretti ... champcar needs cars with good drivers and top teams.

I will NEVER forgive Bobby Rahole for his actions. Andretti either. Andretti was a huge hypocrite and did his fair share of propaganda, but Bobby just let his actions do the talking. Both of them are first class *********s, IMHO, and I'll be sure to let them know that everytime I see them at the track...

JohnnyQ
08-22-05, 08:10 AM
It's human nature.....everybodies chasing the dime. Even N/H broke there word by competing at Indy. They're all green grassers.

mueber
08-22-05, 08:27 AM
Ganassi has never been, or claimed to be, anything but a commercial sex worker available to the highest bidder. At least on that level, he has more integrity than anyone else who might “come back.” I’ve said it before, I’d welcome anyone back expect Penske—some hypocrisy, turning your back on the series you were instrumental in creating, is too grave to forgive.

KLang
08-22-05, 09:38 AM
Ganassi is going to be running four cars in Nascar next year. I think he is likely to forget open wheel altogether unless someone steps up to write a really big check. And I don't see Champ Car doing that.

After the beginning of the 04 season, I doubt Rahal or Fernandez will be very welcome. I doubt KK would go so far as refuse to let them participate but I bet it would be expensive.

Andretti. :flame: He'll be running where Honda tells him to run. Freaking %$#@*. :mad:

FTG
08-22-05, 10:02 AM
http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/19021/

Robin fulfills Dave's request.

JoeBob
08-22-05, 11:01 AM
Ganassi has done an awful lot to undermine ChampCar, perhaps even more than Rahal. Between his Indy one-offs, and his pushing for the 3.5L engines, he may be the one most responsible for the downfall of CART.

That said, the series needs sponsors like Target. Even if they're only a front, the series needs the credibility of more active primary sponsors. Target can deliver those goods.

pchall
08-22-05, 11:03 AM
http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/19021/

Robin fulfills Dave's request.

MILLER: A “Red Bull” Market for American Open Wheel Racing?

"I'm assuming we'll continue with our program [with Red Bull]," said Eddie Cheever on Sunday morning at Pikes Peak International Raceway. "We've been together four years and we've had a very successful program.

I think Eddie truely believes had he had successful careers in F1 and CART as well.

Andrew Longman
08-22-05, 11:40 AM
Hey guys, I hate Cheep Fatassi as much as any of you, but if this means putting some nails in FTG's coffin along with his idiot racing league, then bring me a hammer.

Also this would give me a team to hate. Sports ain't the same unless you have someone to hate like the Raiders, Ohio State football, the Pistons, the Marlins and Patriots.

Especially Ohio State football. :D

But as far a chip goes. If he brings cars and cash to the series, the more the better. Yes someone to root against, but its also important to keep you enemies close.

NismoZ
08-22-05, 12:21 PM
We're not jumping to any conclusions here, are we? :D Many of us here have been hoping ChampCar's success with the street events might lead to an eventual return to venues such as Road America. All I have to do is ask myself, "Self, would you go to a ChampCar race at RA with Dario and Tony and Dixon and Buddy and Helio and ..." well, you get the idea. Cripes we don't have to LIVE OR work with these people, all we have to do is enjoy what they provide in the way of competitive entertainment. Are you afraid they might be TOO good and crush your desire for vengence? Only one way to find out. Let 'em race! I'll watch. My initial guess, however, is the ALMS might be a bigger beneficiary of an IRL meltdown than ChampCar, IF factories (Honda in partic.) want to pay for owners to move over. I'll watch THAT, too!

TKGAngel
08-22-05, 12:48 PM
Did anyone else notice in Robin's piece the fact that Cheep is blaming Jeemy for all the rumormongering about his return to CCWS? Methinks Chip is doing a little bit of arse covering with that statement.

I'm also amused that NASCAR said thanks no thanks to the IRL's suggestion of running a Friday night race during the NASCAR weekend. When even the biggest racing series in the USA wants no part of you, what does that say?

Maybe even send the money to the Hole in the Wall camps, as a donation from the fans.

DjDrOmusic
08-22-05, 12:55 PM
Well, let me tell you, you doubters, let me get primed with a few beers and then follow me through the paddock at the next race any of them are at. I can surprise you.

BELIEVE THIS MAN!!! :thumbup: :D

devilmaster
08-22-05, 01:30 PM
We're not jumping to any conclusions here, are we? :D

Nope. But a forum that doesn't talk about the what-ifs and the rumours will be a really boring forum.....

Many of us here have been hoping ChampCar's success with the street events might lead to an eventual return to venues such as Road America. All I have to do is ask myself, "Self, would you go to a ChampCar race at RA with Dario and Tony and Dixon and Buddy and Helio and ..." well, you get the idea.

Some people don't want the old drivers back, some don't mind. I'll say what i've always said - For the most part, I do not blame a driver for driving for a paycheck. Thats what most of them went over for. I will blame owners who milked CART and MPH stock for all its worth, then bolted when the monies moved elsewhere. Now they've milked the IRL for all its worth, and when the money goes, so will they. Do we really want them back when we know that's what they do? Honestly, I don't think they'll ever come back. They follow the money.

Cripes we don't have to LIVE OR work with these people, all we have to do is enjoy what they provide in the way of competitive entertainment. Are you afraid they might be TOO good and crush your desire for vengence?

No, because i've always hated Penske. Always cheered when his cars broke down, laughed my ass off when he didn't make the Indy with his chassis. I fretted for half a season when my favorite driver, Greg Moore, announced he was going there. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to see if I would change my mind.

Only one way to find out. Let 'em race! I'll watch. My initial guess, however, is the ALMS might be a bigger beneficiary of an IRL meltdown than ChampCar, IF factories (Honda in partic.) want to pay for owners to move over. I'll watch THAT, too!

Exactly. The new model in Champcar needs sponsors. Teams will have to work to make the sponsors here, unless yer filthy rich like a Russo. When was the last time Chip had to beat the streets, work really hard for a few sponsors on his car? They don't want to go back to that. They'll find a manufacturer to write the checks, and they'll all be toyota's new bitch when toyo goes tintops.

coolhand
08-22-05, 01:31 PM
that was funny, chip blaming jimmy vassar. :laugh:

NismoZ
08-22-05, 02:14 PM
Yep, the what-ifs and the rumo(u)rs are the funnest :gomer: part...BUT, WHAT IF it was watching Roger Penske slide an RSK around road courses, running down cars twice his size that helped make you the fan you are today? Then moving up to a Birdcage Maserati and beating one of the first of the big-bore rear engined racers (Peter Ryan's Comstock Sadler?)...then, seeing the handwriting on the wall, sneaks in an F-1 Cooper, slaps some fenders on it and humbles EVERYthing at RA? INVENTS modern racecar sponsorship, gets the biggest company on earth and a giant oil conglom. to fund his Camaros, hires MY Greg Moore, Mark Donohue, wins the Can Am AND the Indy 500 and wins in F-1...ALL this in the space of about 15 years!?...Then perhaps you'd be more tolerant of those in "our" modern series. Really, I don't see the harm. KK won't let ANY of those guys do what they and the mfgrs. did before and I really think the flip-flop would be the ultimate compliment to the series. In other words I'd LOVE to see Sebastian Bourdais and Newman Haas lock horns on an equal basis with Dario, Helio and those guys AND see kids like Marco and Graham Rahal duke it out in a PROPER series on REAL race tracks! Am I longing for the past? Maybe I am, but it seems better than what we have at the moment.

devilmaster
08-22-05, 02:53 PM
KK won't let ANY of those guys do what they and the mfgrs. did before and I really think the flip-flop would be the ultimate compliment to the series.

I recall people saying Tony wouldn't let the mistakes of CART happen again. Nuff Said.

In other words I'd LOVE to see Sebastian Bourdais and Newman Haas lock horns on an equal basis with Dario, Helio and those guys AND see kids like Marco and Graham Rahal duke it out in a PROPER series on REAL race tracks! Am I longing for the past? Maybe I am, but it seems better than what we have at the moment.

Who wouldn't? But here's the problem. Tony George. We can long all we want (and i'm right with ya with that dream, niz) but while he's around, its screwed. Simple as that. He doesn't want to deal, he wants it all, and both sides don't want to give in. So you make the best of what you got. The amigos bought CC because they felt that they can make it profitable. They have a plan, and they are enacting on it. You don't save a series out of bankruptcy if it isn't worth saving. Some people don't like what they see as the future of CC, and i don't blame them. Everyone wants it the way it was, more or less. But what do you do? <- that question has been debated and will be debated till death.

Audi_A4
08-22-05, 05:08 PM
I will NEVER forgive Bobby Rahole for his actions. Andretti either. Andretti was a huge hypocrite and did his fair share of propaganda, but Bobby just let his actions do the talking. Both of them are first class *********s, IMHO, and I'll be sure to let them know that everytime I see them at the track...

I never said forgive them .. just champcar could use more top teams. hey racing and business is full of weasels.

Andrew Longman
08-22-05, 05:36 PM
Yep, the what-ifs and the rumo(u)rs are the funnest :gomer: part...BUT, WHAT IF it was watching Roger Penske slide an RSK around road courses, running down cars twice his size that helped make you the fan you are today? Then moving up to a Birdcage Maserati and beating one of the first of the big-bore rear engined racers (Peter Ryan's Comstock Sadler?)...then, seeing the handwriting on the wall, sneaks in an F-1 Cooper, slaps some fenders on it and humbles EVERYthing at RA? INVENTS modern racecar sponsorship, gets the biggest company on earth and a giant oil conglom. to fund his Camaros, hires MY Greg Moore, Mark Donohue, wins the Can Am AND the Indy 500 and wins in F-1...ALL this in the space of about 15 years!?...Then perhaps you'd be more tolerant of those in "our" modern series. Really, I don't see the harm. KK won't let ANY of those guys do what they and the mfgrs. did before and I really think the flip-flop would be the ultimate compliment to the series. In other words I'd LOVE to see Sebastian Bourdais and Newman Haas lock horns on an equal basis with Dario, Helio and those guys AND see kids like Marco and Graham Rahal duke it out in a PROPER series on REAL race tracks! Am I longing for the past? Maybe I am, but it seems better than what we have at the moment.

Donahue was my GM too as a kid. I rooted for him in everything and he just happened to race for Penske. I loved that blue Sunoco 66 at Indy and was crushed when I heard he died. But I always had respect for Penske (and McClaren) because they always had beautiful presentation driven by a complete attention to detail in all aspects, including the business aspects of the sport.

He wants to come back, fine. I won't root for him but he will raise the bar for everyone.

gjc2
08-22-05, 06:03 PM
Champ Car has been putting on successful events in so far as attendance is concerned. Now they must improve the TV numbers. I think big step in that area would be achieved if some of the defectors came back. Fans would have people to root for and against. It would definitely help the TV numbers, and as an added bonus, it would hurt the IRL. We need to consistently have bigger fields than the IRL.

I for one would love the see the IRL running 16 cars or less in front of empty stands. I can only imagine how the folks over at TF would spin it. Parking was fantastic! No lines at the concessions! Plenty of space between the transporters! Tony George is a genius!

George

Andrew Longman
08-22-05, 06:27 PM
Parking was fantastic! No lines at the concessions! Plenty of space between the transporters! Tony George is a genius!

George

Traffic was great. In and out. I got autographs from all 12 drivers before the morning seesion. Lots of room to spread out. I can bring my kids and let them run around the stands without losing sight of them. Its such a intimate homey experience. I feel like I know everyone by name. The bathrooms don't get dirty all race weekend. I can wait until the last minute to buy a ticket. Tickets? Who needs tickets? They're giving them away at the gate.

indyfan31
08-22-05, 07:08 PM
that was funny, chip blaming jimmy vassar. :laugh:
Yeah, where did he get THAT from? I didn't see any quotes from Jimmy mentioning Ganassi by name.

oddlycalm
08-22-05, 07:09 PM
Racing does indeed have it's share of team owning weasels. The EARL has made a convenient place for the weasels to congregate but it's been obvious from day one that it's just a matter of time before it begins to unravel and we are faced with one or more of them back in champcar. I'm in no hurry to see any of them on a regular basis.

oc

L1P1
08-22-05, 08:48 PM
C'mon guys. Don't rain on the fruition of my conspiracy theory. I've long held that what looked like a victory was really an infiltration. Is it a coincidence that the IRL started to look like exactly that that TG hated? With him having consummated the relationship with the Yen, will TG's original supporters now come back?

TG Supporters: "TONY! How could turn your back on us as soon as it looked like you'd win? All your original teams - the guys that supported you were sold out as soon as Penske crossed the bridge. We're out of the business and nearly destitute and you want us to do it again? FTG!"

TG: "Um, I don't know. Oh, Chip, et tu? But Danica is powerful...The guys love having her in the series. What? Bobby? Et tu? But who shall be worthy of racing against my special Ed?"

GM is out. Toyota is out. Honda's asking WTF the point is. Penske offers to dump Toyota to go to GM while buying the company that builds Honda's IRL engines. G&F have Cosworth. I don't know much about John Judd, but I doubt that he's that stupid. Panoz? Nah....

This is not a time to be haterz. The end game is neigh.

dando
08-22-05, 08:52 PM
This is not a time to be haterz. The end game is neigh.
Pull up a chair boyz & girlz....the fun is only just beginning. :D

-Kevin

L1P1
08-22-05, 09:18 PM
BTW: I just found that it's a really good time to read HTTP://www.trackforum.com. We've talked about meltdown in many instances. But it's the entire board now.

Try to find an optimistic post that isn't a coaching attempt.

dando
08-22-05, 09:30 PM
BTW: I just found that it's a really good time to read HTTP://www.trackforum.com. We've talked about meltdown in many instances. But it's the entire board now.

Just one of the 12 steps to being Gomerfree. :D

-Kevin

racer2c
08-22-05, 10:54 PM

I would, but I have to file my bunions and clean the dog crap out of the yard.

TorontoWorker
08-23-05, 12:55 AM
I love this gomer quote:

Did anyone else cringe during the race 2day?
When Sarah Fisher was interviewed.. I wish she would just go away.. Also Danica's father seems like an idot.. Kinda like that father that would argue balls and strikes at a little league game...

Well they threw old Sarah on the trash heap and it appears that Danica, who is not the IRL TV ratings sucking dirt devil that they all thought she was... are now about to park her ontop of the same dung hill that they sat Sarah on.

It's kinda funny reading all these comments and wondering how they can look at themselves in the mirror after posts like this.

I'd take Danica in Champ Car and just allow her to DRIVE - no more g*damn PR TV interviews; no more stupid sitting under a tent wondering why oh why the moron with the still wet from beer, Dale Jr teeshirt keeps calling her *dance see ahh*. Half of Hooterville lined up along with Mr. Hainey to "see that them, there, girl..." Meanwhile Dario sitting over there with four, yes, counting four fans in front of him and trying to catch your a$$ on fire with his best death stare! Hey bit(h! I'm the ONE with the Hollywood image!

Maybe if she came to Champ Car we might see her Mom inhale some air during her races and she might get some sleep at night?

TravelGal
08-23-05, 08:12 AM
Quote:
In other words I'd LOVE to see Sebastian Bourdais and Newman Haas lock horns on an equal basis with Dario, Helio and those guys AND see kids like Marco and Graham Rahal duke it out in a PROPER series on REAL race tracks! Am I longing for the past? Maybe I am, but it seems better than what we have at the moment.

Who wouldn't? But here's the problem. Tony George. We can long all we want (and i'm right with ya with that dream, niz) but while he's around, its screwed. Simple as that. He doesn't want to deal, he wants it all, and both sides don't want to give in. So you make the best of what you got. The amigos bought CC because they felt that they can make it profitable. They have a plan, and they are enacting on it. You don't save a series out of bankruptcy if it isn't worth saving. Some people don't like what they see as the future of CC, and i don't blame them. Everyone wants it the way it was, more or less. But what do you do? <- that question has been debated and will be debated till death.

But you are assuming that old premise. That we'd even have to consider TG. We're talking here about wholesale defection. The end of life as TG sees it. No one is asking what he thinks or wants. Owners are bailing from the sinking ship.

Would it be great to see those drivers all race together? H...ll yes it would because it would be under the terms WE're discussing. They unceremoniusly ditch the IRL, come back of their own volition, and follow the CCWS rules. Think of it from their side. Can you imagine how much crow they have had to eat just to *consider* this move?

As for Graniteassi, I agree that his being out only for himself could create more problems than he is worth. He'd be the Peck's Bad Boy that KK and GF would always have to watch closely.

I'm afraid I lost most of my respect for him when I read Zanardi's book. All he looks for is the free lunch, which is PRECISELY why I don't think he'll be back. I don't notice a traitor breadline in the new business plan. Help the teams that are helping us, yes, I see that. Help the others, not quite.

Jag_Warrior
08-23-05, 08:13 AM

Well, my old pal SamC is lining up Microsoft and BMW as engine badgers.

I want my doctor to give me some of what Sam is taking. The lil blue pills I take when my back goes out just take away the pain. I wanna check out an alternate reality and live under purple skies too. BMW...again?!!! :gomer:

devilmaster
08-23-05, 10:12 AM
But you are assuming that old premise. That we'd even have to consider TG. We're talking here about wholesale defection. The end of life as TG sees it. No one is asking what he thinks or wants. Owners are bailing from the sinking ship.

Why do people assume that if some teams leave, its the end of the IRL? When teams defected from CART, everyone said it was dead. They put together teams and continued on.

Like it or not, the IRL will be around for as long at Tony is either alive or wants to deal with it. More money than brains, I'm sure Tony has the ability to revert his toy to the way it used to be.

Since he can't think up ideas of his own, i'm sure he's quietly scanning the landscape for an engine supplier that he'll buy. He'll continue to morph his series into a cheezy version of CC. Every once in a while, they'll push the merger hot-button claiming they don't need to merge, and they'll tell KK that they need to buy CC out.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the IRL sell off more poor performing ovals for more street courses. He'll go more international, all the while claiming it was the fans who said it was worth changing the vision again.

Tony is a megalomaniac (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-megalomania.htm) . And we'll be dealing with him for a long time.

Andrew Longman
08-23-05, 10:40 AM
Why do people assume that if some teams leave, its the end of the IRL? When teams defected from CART, everyone said it was dead. They put together teams and continued on.

Like it or not, the IRL will be around for as long at Tony is either alive or wants to deal with it. More money than brains, I'm sure Tony has the ability to revert his toy to the way it used to be.

Since he can't think up ideas of his own, i'm sure he's quietly scanning the landscape for an engine supplier that he'll buy. He'll continue to morph his series into a cheezy version of CC. Every once in a while, they'll push the merger hot-button claiming they don't need to merge, and they'll tell KK that they need to buy CC out.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the IRL sell off more poor performing ovals for more street courses. He'll go more international, all the while claiming it was the fans who said it was worth changing the vision again.

Tony is a megalomaniac (http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-megalomania.htm) . And we'll be dealing with him for a long time.

You are probably right. Add that he has a contract with Disney until, what, 2009? (some mickey mouse is looking pretty foolish now). And a couple hundred thousand hooters will always show up in May to watch lawnmowers race

But I don't think there is any denying that he will have to seriously reinvent his series soon. Teams will be leaving and the economics are greatly changing. Going with series-owned power is very likely because it is a good idea and because it is one more idea he can copy from CCWS. I could even see going with a series owned chassis, again because CCWS has pointed out the advantage of a single chassis (soon to be optimized for close following), but again because its an idea he can copy. Going the additional step to own and lease the the chassis to the teams would just be a way of increasing control.

Napoleon
09-15-05, 07:17 PM
I mean is there any chance that Cheap could file a discrimination lawsuit if they refused him entry or engines? Is there any law in Indy prohibiting discrimination against fat, greedy, backstabbing b@$tards?

No, but if he got a sex change operation, then maybe.

Ruben Barrios
09-15-05, 08:00 PM
"You are probably right. Add that he has a contract with Disney until, what, 2009? (some mickey mouse is looking pretty foolish now). And a couple hundred thousand hooters will always show up in May to watch lawnmowers race"

Don't you mean Hoosiers??
;)

pkvracing12
09-15-05, 10:43 PM

D@mn straight

Kiwifan
09-15-05, 11:58 PM
I'd welcome back the Chipster but for purely selfish reasons. Chip=Dixon. Dixon=Kiwi. Kiwi=Me seeing Champ Cars on NZ TV again, unlike this year. :(

I haven't seen a wheel turn this year guys. Know how much that hurts? Way more than me supporting this character that's for sure.

Sorry to all of you haters but I like Champ Cars too much. Nobody said I couldn't boo him , eh? :)

Rusty.

G.
09-16-05, 12:37 PM
I'd welcome back the Chipster but for purely selfish reasons. Chip=Dixon. Dixon=Kiwi. Kiwi=Me seeing Champ Cars on NZ TV again, unlike this year. :(

I haven't seen a wheel turn this year guys. Know how much that hurts? Way more than me supporting this character that's for sure.

Sorry to all of you haters but I like Champ Cars too much. Nobody said I couldn't boo him , eh? :)

Rusty.FWIW, I accept your selfish reason as valid, and grant you a moral pass. You may rest easy. :)

Insomniac
09-16-05, 02:19 PM
I'd let him in and anyone else, but no hand-outs to the backstabbers. There are plenty of loyal people more deserving if you're giving money away.

Kiwifan
09-16-05, 02:25 PM
Well thank you G., I appreciate that. I had many an anguished chat with 'bird over my feelings over the Dixon and the IRL.

I remember when he used to have to play second fiddle behind Bruno in races I believe he could have one. but that's Team racing for ya.

All of these years and I haven't watched him turn a wheel other than in news clips. That's the price of running in the Earl, Scott, ya racing true fans just couldn't go with ya. Sigh.

Oh well, enough D&G, it's Surfers in 4 weeks. :)

Cheers G.

Rusty.

mueber
09-16-05, 03:22 PM
Ganassi is a sex worker, but he has never claimed to be anything else.

That puts him miles ahead of Mikey Andretti and Rahal who professed loyalty right up until they took the Honda money and Penske who turned his back on the series he helped create.

So if Chippie wants to be the team everyone loves to hate, welcome him in. If Penske wants in, the answer is "No." If Mikey and Ahole want in it's, "Sure, sign this five year commitment, and you're on your way."

formulaben
09-16-05, 06:43 PM
Ganassi is a sex worker, but he has never claimed to be anything else.

That puts him miles ahead of Mikey Andretti and Rahal who professed loyalty right up until they took the Honda money and Penske who turned his back on the series he helped create.

So if Chippie wants to be the team everyone loves to hate, welcome him in. If Penske wants in, the answer is "No." If Mikey and Ahole want in it's, "Sure, sign this five year commitment, and you're on your way."

I wish we could say no to all of them. I don't really mind Penske, but Rahole and Mikey are total scum in my opinion. Rahole for his timing, and Mikey for the BS he spewed as he left the series that made him who he is. The only thing good about having that debris back is the fun I could have in the paddock harrassing them.

Methanolic
09-16-05, 08:36 PM
Ugh, I don't know if its worth weakening the IRL by nabbing Ganassi. I don't know who is worse, him or Andretti.

That's easy......Andretti!!