PDA

View Full Version : ** Spoiler ** phu kin Monterio

spinner26
08-21-05, 11:05 AM
Running second behind Kimi Monty gets punted by Monteiro. What a puke! :flame:

Jervis Tetch 1
08-21-05, 01:18 PM
I'm not so sure that was Tiaro's fault. I thought JPM cut across too sharply.

spinner26
08-21-05, 02:05 PM
Yeh, but my frustration is that once you’re a back marker, it is my opinion, it's your responsibility to not make contact with a lead lap driver.

Fio1
08-21-05, 07:37 PM
It was 100% Montoya's fault. Why should Montiero back off once Montoya is by him. But, if Montoya pulled in front of him, there was nothing he could do.

Montoya is no World Champion. He is a very good driver, and will win a lot of races, but he is not a World Champ!

spinner26
08-21-05, 09:45 PM
It was 100% Montoya's fault. Why should Montiero back off once Montoya is by him. But, if Montoya pulled in front of him, there was nothing he could do.

Montoya is no World Champion. He is a very good driver, and will win a lot of races, but he is not a World Champ!

World champ or not, are you saying if it was Michael Schumacher then it would be different? I don't think so!

TM was a lapped car he should have yielded the right of way to begin with, vs. being in the racing line.

Secondly he should have backed out going into the turn knowing Monty had cleared him.

Hard Driver
08-21-05, 11:26 PM
Montoya is in second and lapping a Jordan. Maybe he cut in front and took the air off his wings and then braked for the corner, but there was no way the jordan was braking later than Montoya. He got distracted by Montoya cutting in front and missed his braking point. And if you are being lapped, you should brake early and give the guy in 2nd place the corner. That was not Montoya's fault, HE was the one rear ended.

cameraman
08-22-05, 12:08 PM
Montoya was driving like a jackass and it came back and bit him. He was half a minute up on Alonso and was under no racing pressure at all yet he trys a high risk pass at the entrance to a turn. Montoya's problem is that he is an idiot.

Said best by the folks at grandprix.com

Montoya's habit of doing silly things continued. It was clear from the cloud of tyre smoke that came off the McLaren just after it passed Monteiro that Montoya had stood on the brakes rather dramatically. That was necessary because there was a corner coming up, which Montoya appeared to have forgotten about when he went past the Jordan. Monteiro did what he could to stop the car.

"I was blind and I lost all downforce," he said.

Not surprising really when someone stands on his brakes right in front of you. In the end Montoya was lucky that Monteiro only nudged up the rear and pushed him a little off the road. The incident might have ended his race and that would have been a disastrous result for McLaren.

Mike Kellner
08-22-05, 12:09 PM
Montiero had no other car close to him. Backing off to allow himself to be lapped would have made no difference in his outcome. By forcing Montoya to make the most intense pass possible, he affected the outcome of the race, and perhaps the driver's and manufacturer's championship. Wasn't he two laps down at the time?

mk

Dirty Sanchez
08-22-05, 12:18 PM
he's definitely a solid #2 :laugh:

Easy
08-22-05, 12:28 PM
•Lapped cars are supposed to hold their line. It is up to the overtaking car to get by safely. Stewards don't want lapped cars doing anything surprising, thats what causes accidents.

•Montoya dramatically chopped back in front of the Jordan and immediately hopped on the brakes. Basically, the instant Montoya took away the Jordans front downforce, he also forced the Jordan into the situation it needs that front downforce most.

Hard Driver
08-22-05, 12:42 PM
I'm sorry, But when you are being lapped by anyone, you should should give the guy the next corner. The Jordan is approaching the corner and has a Mclaren driving up the inside. Do you:

a: Drive full speed towards the corner and brake as late as possible forcing the lapping car off the racing line

b: ease back, let the lap car pass and follow it.

The correct choice is b: but the Jordan took a:. Sure Montoya could have tried to enter the corner from the inside, off the racing line and fought with the Jordan for the corner, but that should not be needed to pass a lapped car. The Jordan should have conceded the corner to Montoya, which yes, would have meant braking early. But that is what he should have done. If this was a pass for position, maybe you guys would have a point, but it was not and therefore the lapped car being passed has an duty not to hit the lapping car in the rear.

Dr. Corkski
08-22-05, 01:32 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Tiago. Next time finish the job.

oddlycalm
08-22-05, 03:01 PM
Montiero was 3 laps down in last spot for cars still running after having a root canel performed by his team boss the night before. Given Monteiro's near complete lack of of anything approaching F1 level driving skills, Montoya would have been wise to follow him until a better passing opportunity was available, particularly if his own tires were suffering from being flat spotted and he wasn't being pursued closely.

oc

Hard Driver
08-22-05, 11:47 PM
Well oddlycalm, you are right that the wise move would have been for Montoya to give a rookie more room. Montoya was under no pressure so cutting things close was unnecessary. However, it is still the Jordans fault for not giving Montoya more room.

Gnam
08-23-05, 01:24 AM
Montoya must have attened PT's brain fade seminar during the 3 weak brake.
They should both simmah down n-ah.

Jervis Tetch 1
08-23-05, 05:25 PM
Well I think now JPM is mathematically eliminated from the world title. He's a solid #2 now.

RichK
08-23-05, 05:48 PM
I'll cast my vote: Montoya's fault, but Monteiro showed a lack of driver etiquette by not lifting a bit.

cameraman
08-26-05, 02:41 PM
An interesting tidbit

Telemetry also showed that Montoya was 20 km/h slower into the braking zone than previous laps, suggesting that he may have brake-tested the Jordan driver. A leading driver brake tests a closely following rival by slowing unexpectedly early and hard in the approach to a corner.

This also explains Montoya's unusual calmness in the post-race press conference.

Mike Kellner
08-26-05, 03:54 PM
Could it be he was a bit steamed with Montiero for holding him up? If so, it is more evidence he needs to relax to do a better job. JPM is my favorite driver, but I wish he would smarten up a bit. The two points he lost and Fernando gained could be very important when they get to China.

mk

Dr. Corkski
08-26-05, 06:58 PM
Telemetry also showed that Montoya was 20 km/h slower into the braking zone than previous laps, suggesting that he may have brake-tested the Jordan driver. A leading driver brake tests a closely following rival by slowing unexpectedly early and hard in the approach to a corner.

This also explains Montoya's unusual calmness in the post-race press conference.#2 brake-testing other drivers? Nah, couldn't be possible. :laugh:

No wonder Kimi wants to go to Ferrari. At least there Ferrari will hire him a useful #2 driver, unlike McLaren. :gomer: