PDA

View Full Version : so much for that rumor

coolhand
08-21-05, 06:11 AM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050821/SPORTS01/508210429/1052

General Motors officials are standing by their decision to leave the Indy Racing League at season's end.

"These guys better start smelling the roses, quit this tit-for-tat stuff and get this thing together -- both sides," Ganassi said Saturday. "(My sponsor) isn't dissatisfied with the IRL, it's dissatisfied with the powers-to-be in open-wheel racing."

Foyt said the IRL must eliminate the engine lease programs that have given the advantage to a handful of "factory" teams. Prior to 2003, teams had control over the engines in their cars.

"They better go back like it was before," Foyt said. "At least it would level the field."

Honda-powered cars have won 24 of the 28 races over the past two seasons, including both Indianapolis 500s.

i guess chip now knows what it is like to be on the bottom end :rofl:

spinner26
08-21-05, 06:22 AM
:laugh: :eek: :rofl: :thumbup:

I say I say the end is nigh!

NismoZ
08-21-05, 07:45 AM
Wow...I am just so absoposafrikkalutely surprised that it has come to THIS...over there. :p

NismoZ
08-21-05, 07:48 AM
PS...When AJ says "go back to the way it was before"?...he's talking about Auroras, correct? This guy wants the GA stock block idea, too. Believe it.

Tim
08-21-05, 08:15 AM
Let Ganassi die. I'd save Foyt over him anyday.

Rob
08-21-05, 09:23 AM
"They better go back like it was before," Foyt said. "At least it would level the field."

Oh, the field's getting leveled alright, kind of like how a wrecking ball levels an abandoned building.

gjc2
08-21-05, 09:29 AM
Ganassi said Saturday. "(My sponsor) isn't dissatisfied with the IRL, it's dissatisfied with the powers-to-be in open-wheel racing."

What does that mean?

fourrunner
08-21-05, 10:13 AM
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050821/SPORTS01/508210429/1052

i guess chip now knows what it is like to be on the bottom end :rofl:

Well Chip's a "Bottom Feeder" so it would be a step up for him !! ;)

pchall
08-21-05, 10:14 AM
Ganassi said Saturday. "(My sponsor) isn't dissatisfied with the IRL, it's dissatisfied with the powers-to-be in open-wheel racing."

What does that mean?

Target suddenly discovered that he's an @$$hole?

spinner26
08-21-05, 11:00 AM
Target suddenly discovered that he's an @$$hole?

I think Bob Ulrich has never cares for Cheap on a personal level, he liked the sucess of the operation. I remember whe the new facility was built and Ulrich TOLD cheap to make a smoking area for the boys. There was going to be no smoking outside in the bad wheather. Ulrich is a smoker, cheap is not. :rofl:

DaveL
08-21-05, 11:28 AM
Everyone good and loud with spirit!

Na na na na....NA NA NA NA....Hey Hey....Gooood Bye!!!!

devilmaster
08-21-05, 11:54 AM
Everyone good and loud with spirit!

Na na na na....NA NA NA NA....Hey Hey....Gooood Bye!!!!

http://www.mnsi.net/~smicalef/song.mp3

Sean O'Gorman
08-21-05, 12:05 PM
I think Bob Ulrich has never cares for Cheap on a personal level, he liked the sucess of the operation. I remember whe the new facility was built and Ulrich TOLD cheap to make a smoking area for the boys. There was going to be no smoking outside in the bad wheather. Ulrich is a smoker, cheap is not. :rofl:

Who said he is talking about Target?

Michaelhatesfans
08-21-05, 12:06 PM
"These guys better start smelling the roses, quit this tit-for-tat stuff and get this thing together -- both sides," Ganassi said Saturday.

Says the man holding the empty gas can and a book of matches behind his back. Tit-for-tat? You're the biggest tit in open wheel racing, you hypocritical fatass.

Winston Wolfe
08-21-05, 12:21 PM
you gotta love the comment (allegedly) made by Pimpski from the article :

"Roger Penske met with representatives of the Detroit-based manufacturer last month, indicating he would leave Toyota if GM would remain in the series.

Is that Roger just making sure he has a chair when the music stops, or is that FRP just blowing smoke up someone's skirt to make it appear that he "tried really hard" to do his best to "save OWR in America".

Also:
"Barnhart admitted that he had been working feverishly to retain GM

Now THERE'S a confidence builder !!!! :rofl: :gomer:

stroker
08-21-05, 12:22 PM

What does that mean?

It means Target is pissed about ROI and Cheep can't say anything accusing FTG of having ruined things with the formation of the .1RL.

Scroom.

KLang
08-21-05, 12:56 PM
I don't understand Target's involvement anymore. Back when they were in CART and in the early days of the earl they used to advertize both the Nascar and open wheel races in their Sunday newspaper ads. For a couple years now they've only been pushing their Nascar involvement in their advertizing.

Jag_Warrior
08-21-05, 12:57 PM
"These guys better start smelling the roses, quit this tit-for-tat stuff and get this thing together -- both sides," Ganassi said Saturday.

Says the man holding the empty gas can and a book of matches behind his back. Tit-for-tat? You're the biggest tit in open wheel racing, you hypocritical fatass.

:thumbup:

If I tried all day, I couldn't put it any better than that.

KLang
08-21-05, 01:10 PM
I was checking out the response over at gomerville and came across this wonderful smilie: http://www.abestweb.com/smilies/hitting%20the%20fan.gif

:D

Jervis Tetch 1
08-21-05, 01:13 PM
Well this certainly is the best news I've had all week :D :thumbup:

nrc
08-21-05, 02:55 PM
Looks like the fan must be one high. Because we all know that the meger talk only comes from the Champ car side, right?

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/12434974.htm

Mears, an adviser for Marlboro Team Penske, blames Champ Car officials for causing settlement talks to stall over the summer.

"The IRL has given and given and given," he said. "There are some things that are being wanted (by Champ Car) that absolutely will not and cannot happen."
I have a lot of respect for Rick Mears. He's maintained that in spite of his current position largely by keeping his mouth shut. So, Rick, if you're going to open your mouth, please give us one example of something Tony George has offered to "give" champ car.

"I'll even take your most profitable races?" "I'll even prop up some of your teams instead of mine?" "I'll stand in the back and pretend not to be running the whole thing when anyones looking?" "I'll let you sit on a committee that doesn't get to decide anything?"

cart7
08-21-05, 03:17 PM
I noticed one poster at TF, trying to spin the news as saying that since Chevy's are only bought by poor people and farmers that it's no big deal. :shakehead

coolhand
08-21-05, 03:18 PM
he has offered check for champ car, and has "given" long beach and cosworth i guess, nrc

dando
08-21-05, 03:55 PM
And Nero fiddled while Rome burned....pull up a chair, folks. This is gonna be fun to watch. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
08-21-05, 03:58 PM
Looks like the fan must be one high. Because we all know that the meger talk only comes from the Champ car side, right?

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/sports/12434974.htm

I have a lot of respect for Rick Mears. He's maintained that in spite of his current position largely by keeping his mouth shut. So, Rick, if you're going to open your mouth, please give us one example of something Tony George has offered to "give" champ car.

"I'll even take your most profitable races?" "I'll even prop up some of your teams instead of mine?" "I'll stand in the back and pretend not to be running the whole thing when anyones looking?" "I'll let you sit on a committee that doesn't get to decide anything?"

IMHO, if CCWS is making demands to which FTH is unwilling to meet, it involves ownership. Plain and simple. That's what started this whole mess, and that's how it will end (unless the idiot flies his copter into the pagoda or the ground. Either of which will do just fine. :mad:

-Kevin

Winston Wolfe
08-21-05, 05:47 PM
what this thread needs is a "dose of Spicoli"..... :thumbup:

I'd love to hear his "side" of the deal.... anyone, anyone ????

TKGAngel
08-21-05, 06:26 PM
I don't understand Target's involvement anymore. Back when they were in CART and in the early days of the earl they used to advertize both the Nascar and open wheel races in their Sunday newspaper ads. For a couple years now they've only been pushing their Nascar involvement in their advertizing.

I noticed that too, KLang. I wonder if its got something to do with the personalities of the involved drivers. Back when Target was heavy promoting open-wheel, they had the Zanardis and Vassers of the world driving for them. Those guys had charisma, that certain je ne se quois (yeah, I don't know how to spell it, but you know what I mean) about them.

Now Cheep's IRL drivers have all the personality of a wet blanket, and the performance aspect of one. Dixon's faded into the woodwork, Manning got canned, and Briscoe's been driving into any wall he can find.

Or it could just be Target's pissed at Cheep and doesn't want to deal with him anymore.

stroker
08-22-05, 02:08 PM
Or it could just be Target's pissed at Cheep and doesn't want to deal with him anymore.

Jeez, I can't imagine why Target would have a problem with the vast majority of their TV exposure consisting of a red and white car exploding against a Safer Barrier.

:laugh: