PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking for cars/parts/tools etc?

cameraman
08-19-05, 01:39 AM
Looks like Mo Nunn is truly getting out of the racing business.

http://www.monunnauction.com/

Ignoring the Panoz you could pick up a 1981 Ferrari, 308 GTSi
or
2000 Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup Truck, Laramie SLT, V-8 Magnum, extended cab, new tires, 69,000 miles;
(2) Club Car Golf Carts, Dbl seats;
(2) Wheel Transport Carts;
(2) Yamaha and Honda Mopeds;
(4) Yamaha and Honda Battery Powered Bikes;
Scooter

The entire shop:
Hardinge Metal Lathe, Mdl HLV-H with Dovetail Bed;
Alliant Milling Machine, Mdl 949-3V with machine vise;
Kurt Precision Milling Vise;
Bison Milling Vise;
Jet Bench Lathe, Mdl BD-1325R, 1 ½ HP;
JFMT Metal Lathe, Mdl 360;
Dake Cold Saw, Mdl 250;
JET Horizontal Band Saw;
Rockwell Hardness Tester, Mdl HR-150A;
Starret Granite Surface Plate;
Snap-On Depth Micrometer;
Digital Mitutoyo Height Gauge;
Digital Calipers; Digimatic Tools; Digital Protractors;
Snap-On MIG Welder, Mdl MM250SL;
Thermal Dynamics Plasma Cutter, Mdl PakMaster 25;
Trinco Sandblaster, Mdl 48/PP;
Metal Brake;
Mittler Bros. Bead Roller;
Rotex Punch Press, Mdl 18-A;
Corner Punch;
8' x 12' Metal Surface Plate;
Ingersoll Rand Compressor Pkg, Mdl SSR-FP25, 24 HP;
OTC Hydraulic Press, 25-Ton;
Snap-On Hydraulic Press;
Chevalier Surface Grinder, Mdl FSG-618M;
MSC Vertical Band Saw, Mdl 09514662;
Proformer 3' Metal Brake;
Engine Hoist;
Dustvent Carbon Fiber Dust Collector and Table;
Datsun Fork Truck, Mdl CFG105, 4500#, triple mast;
Blue Giant Walk Behind Fork Lift, Mdl P62-25, 2500#

And everything else the team owns

cart7
08-19-05, 05:34 AM
Sad.

Nice stuff there though. You could set yourself up with quite a fabrication shop with a lot of that machine shop equipment.

Wheel-Nut
08-19-05, 10:08 AM
Kwality tools

http://blueridgedigital.net/applications/auction_calendar/modules/image_gallery/auction_images/70464/5/DSCN0047.JPG.jpg

They are even selling some collectibles.

http://blueridgedigital.net/applications/auction_calendar/modules/image_gallery/auction_images/70664/1/Alex%20Zanardi%20Commemorative%20Wine,%202001.jpg. jpg

Only remaining piece from Alex Zanardi car after crashing in the American Memorial 500 race in Germany, 2001. All proceeds of this piece will benefit The Alex Zanardi Foundation. Sold with permission of Alex Zanardi.
http://blueridgedigital.net/applications/auction_calendar/modules/image_gallery/auction_images/70664/1/Engine%20Cover%20from%20Alex%20Zanardi%20crash.jpg .jpg

DagoFast
08-19-05, 12:08 PM
It's all nice stuff. If it was truly Mo's, I hope it brings him a good price. It it's fonda's stuff, I hope it goes for pennies on the dollar. To Champcar teams.

RichK
08-19-05, 12:16 PM
Man O Man, I wish I lived closer to that shop, so I could fill up mine!

Sorry to hear that Mo is officially out of business, but he seemed like he really wanted retirement a few years ago. The IRL couldn't have been that much fun, either, after his career with real cars.

KLang
08-19-05, 12:18 PM
Kinda sad. On the other hand it is interesting to see the equipment a team needs all laid out like that.

I wonder what that bottle of wine is worth?

devilmaster
08-19-05, 01:55 PM
I'm not sure what's worse....

The fact that Mo Nunn is going, or the fact that he's auctioning it off - presumably because there isn't someone out there willing to pay for a turnkey race shop.

FCYTravis
08-19-05, 02:01 PM
I know for a fact there's at least one prospective startup Atlantic/Star Mazda team going to clean him out...

oddlycalm
08-19-05, 02:56 PM
I know for a fact there's at least one prospective startup Atlantic/Star Mazda team going to clean him out... That makes sense. He's got a turnkey setup and all the specialty chassis setup stuff is something any serious team has to have.

On the other hand I can see why it wasn't about to sell all to one team. Unless it's a high buck operation they wouldn't need all those transporters. Outside of the Hardinge tool lathe and the manual sheet metal tools like the Rotex punch the rest of the machine shop stuff is Chinese junk and not worth the money it would cost to move it across town. Same with the commodity office stuff. The crapwagon parts are just that but I'm sure the other teams will absorb what they need if the prices are right.

The most interesting stuff to me was the wine bottle and the cowl off the AZ car.

oc

theunions
08-19-05, 08:23 PM
The most interesting stuff to me was the wine bottle and the cowl off the AZ car.

Is that really the cowl off Zanardi's "last" car? It didn't have the Italian flag at any point in the Lausitz weekend. That IS the livery Casey Mears ran on race day at Fontana though (and on no other occasion in 2001 to my knowledge), but if it really was from the Lausitz car I doubt they would've reused it (and I don't think it survived undamaged anyway)...???

Or should the auction description read that it was the last incarnation of Alex's #66 Pioneer Reynard on the grid instead?

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/cart/2001/fon/cart-2001-fon-em-0403.jpg

FanofMario
08-20-05, 02:09 AM
Sorry, I don't have a lot sympathy(other than the crew guys w/o a job...)for Mo. He could have retired from racing when Honda bailed on CART and kept some sort of dignity. IMO he is no different from Rahal, MA, Adrian and the like...pathetic Yen whores. I hope there are more fire sales when the Yen dries up.

cameraman
08-20-05, 03:18 AM
The engine cowling was not damaged in Zanardi's crash.

I don't feel like posting the photos but they show both sides of the car and the cowling survived intact.

They could have used the cowling later on in the season, thus the flag.

Them using it again is probably why they still have it.

Andrew Longman
08-20-05, 01:54 PM
I wonder what sort of prices they will fetch. There is not much of a market for a 2001 IRL car. Only a bit better for timing stands and transporters

devilmaster
08-20-05, 02:02 PM
I wonder what sort of prices they will fetch. There is not much of a market for a 2001 IRL car. Only a bit better for timing stands and transporters

Doing some looking around at race cars for sale websites, the asking price for IRL cars that can be used in series like EuroBoss, seems to be in the range of 40 to 60 thousand US dollars.....

coolhand
08-20-05, 02:30 PM
there is alot of infastructure for a new ccws team right there

oddlycalm
08-21-05, 05:46 AM
there is alot of infastructure for a new ccws team right there I wouldn't be too excited to jump at this sale because as soon as the Toyota money gets turned off and Honda pulls back on it's funding there will be many more sales like this one. I haven't heard of any new teams struggling to find equipment to buy.

oc

Jervis Tetch 1
08-21-05, 01:15 PM
I sure would love to have that bottle of wine. To display, NOT to drink! :eek:

mapguy
08-21-05, 02:05 PM
F Mo Nunn. He made his bed. Now he has to sleep in it. First he was a Mark whore, now a Yen whore. Sucks to be him. NOT!