PDA

View Full Version : My God. Vision racing needs glasses.

devilmaster
08-19-05, 01:29 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?id=133801

George's team penalized for rules violation

Associated Press

8/17/2005 8:01:31 PM

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Tony George's Infiniti Pro Series team lost 16 points and was fined an undisclosed amount by league officials on Wednesday for violating series rules.

George is the founder of the IRL, and the pro series is a developmental circuit for the league.

Vision Racing was punished after a post-race inspection last weekend revealed that the No. 20 car, driven by Jay Drake, had violated a rule on exhaust systems. It requires each car to use the equipment as provided by the chassis manufacturer. League officials would not elaborate on the violation.

Drake finished fourth in Saturday's Bluegrass 100 at Kentucky Motor Speedway despite engine problems. Drake was sixth in the points chase after Saturday's race.

George's team can still appeal the decision. If the penalty is not changed, Drake could slip to eighth in the standings.

pchall
08-19-05, 08:20 AM
Larry Curry cheats and the team he runs for Tony George still only gets a 4th and a 6th. :rofl:

Jervis Tetch 1
08-19-05, 08:43 AM
I guess crime doesn't pay.

spinner26
08-19-05, 09:17 AM
Larry Curry, Lie, steal, cheat? NO WAY! Tony hired this felon for his talents didn't he? LIE STEAL AND CHEAT. It shows in their results too. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Hey toeknee, ya get what ya pay for pal! ;)

extramundane
08-19-05, 11:24 AM
Larry Curry, Lie, steal, cheat? NO WAY!

In a Menard-sponsored series, no less. Oh, the irony.

Gnam
08-19-05, 11:51 AM
George's team can still appeal the decision.
Maybe FTG should have Barry Green present his appeal. :gomer:

pineapple
08-19-05, 02:07 PM
Maybe FTG should have Barry Green present his appeal. :gomer:

Yeah, and afterwards Barry will help promote another street race for him.

KLang
08-19-05, 02:16 PM
Could be rather entertaining, FTG appealling the penalty to himself. Wonder who will win. :laugh:

Gnam
08-19-05, 03:31 PM
FTG: "You're out of order..."

TG: "No! You're out of order! This whole court is out of order!"

TKGAngel
08-19-05, 04:51 PM
Could be rather entertaining, FTG appealling the penalty to himself. Wonder who will win. :laugh:

Nah, he'll just go crying to mommy about it.

DjDrOmusic
08-19-05, 06:07 PM

Knowing how much control he thinks he needs, I can see him over turning the penalty, but fining himself $25,000 so he can keep the series running for a couple more hours! ;) :D

eiregosod
08-19-05, 10:36 PM
Knowing how much control he thinks he needs, I can see him over turning the penalty, but fining himself $25,000 so he can keep the series running for a couple more hours! ;) :D

it will complicate FTG's taxes next spring :gomer:

DjDrOmusic
08-20-05, 09:40 AM
it will complicate FTG's taxes next spring :gomer:

and now you know why Menards is the series sponsor!! ;)

eiregosod
08-20-05, 11:47 PM
and now you know why Menards is the series sponsor!! ;)

:D

I see!

If I weren't such a conspiracy theorist I would suggest that IMS/Indy/clabber/coke finances go through the IMS accountants one end and come out as party hats and whistles the other ;)