08-16-05, 01:09 PM
I like this selection. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
08-16-05, 01:15 PM
:thumbup:

pchall
08-16-05, 01:16 PM
http://www.scca.com/News/News.asp?Ref=390

Steve Johnson: “While I’m moving to another motorsports sanctioning body, it is one that is very much a partner to SCCA. I understand SCCA and its strengths. I would not have had this new opportunity without my association with SCCA, and I will remain very loyal to the Club.”

cameraman
08-16-05, 01:28 PM
The SCCA & CCWS possibly working together for their mutual benefit...

What a concept :thumbup:

FCYTravis
08-16-05, 01:28 PM
Big ups. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've had the pleasure of meeting Steve several times... he Gets It (tm) about road racing.

jonovision_man
08-16-05, 02:16 PM
Big ups. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I've had the pleasure of meeting Steve several times... he Gets It (tm) about road racing.

Gets it... so I assume this means you expect him to work against the street-race philosophy and toward a return to permanent road circuits?

jono

Dirty Sanchez
08-16-05, 02:40 PM
hope mr. roadracer has fun on the streets of second rate towns across america :laugh:

I think the new chassis should resemble this btw...

http://www.usmint.gov/images/mint_programs/50sq_program/states/in/IN_launch_pic3.jpg

they are proficient on city streets and superspeedways. they can sustain multiple impacts against the walls lining the streets. they can really get an opportunity to stretch their legs around a 1.7 mile track. they can handle jumps, potholes, etc. they are good for bringing home all the drifting fans' loot back to hq.

:gomer:

NismoZ
08-16-05, 02:47 PM
Hmmm...an unwarranted assumption followed by a nervous criticism. Worried, boys?

Mike Lawler
08-16-05, 03:16 PM
For Immediate Release

JOHNSON TO STEP DOWN AS SCCA PRESIDENT, MOVES TO CHAMP CAR

TOPEKA, Kan. (Aug. 16, 2005) - Sports Car Club of America, Inc. President and
CEO Steve Johnson announced today that he will resign from his post, effective
Sept. 15, to become the President of Champ Car World Series LLC.

Johnson served as President and CEO for SCCA since June 2000, assuming the
similar role with subsidiary SCCA Pro Racing in April 2001.
"Steve has been a tremendous asset to the Sports Car Club of America," SCCA
Chairman of the Board Gary Pitts said. "On behalf of the Board, we are sad to
see Steve go, but wish him the very best of luck with his new position."
"This is one of those opportunities in your life that you simply cannot pass
up," Johnson said. "I'm very confident in the team that is in place and
comfortable to leave the company and Club in its current status. SCCA is
financially sound, looked upon as a leader and is in the best position ever
within the industry. At the risk of sounding cliché, I'm going out while we're
on top.
"While I'm moving to another motorsports sanctioning body, it is one that is
very much a partner to SCCA. I understand SCCA and its strengths. I would not
have had this new opportunity without my association with SCCA, and I will
remain very loyal to the Club."
The SCCA Board of Directors will begin the process to position Johnson's
successor shortly.

Sean O'Gorman
08-16-05, 03:37 PM
Gets it... so I assume this means you expect him to work against the street-race philosophy and toward a return to permanent road circuits?

jono

Well, I know alot of autocrossers who think Steve Johnson didn't care about them, so maybe it'll mean San Jose will go. ;)

Anyway, while the street race concept is obviously starting to show signs of working (I never thought I'd say that :o ), hopefully he'll have some input in getting the real race tracks on the schedule, too.

nrc
08-16-05, 03:38 PM
For Immediate Release

JOHNSON TO STEP DOWN AS SCCA PRESIDENT, MOVES TO CHAMP CAR

Thanks, Mike. Merged with existing thread.

jonovision_man
08-16-05, 04:34 PM
Anyway, while the street race concept is obviously starting to show signs of working (I never thought I'd say that :o ), hopefully he'll have some input in getting the real race tracks on the schedule, too.

That'd be ideal. I just wonder how they'd draw people out to them, the real race tracks were dumped for a reason.

jono

race chica
08-16-05, 04:57 PM
Any chance of RA coming back?

cart7
08-16-05, 07:38 PM

Haha, agree SeanO.

I was a real skeptic of KK from the git go but he's impressing me now anyway. Since the beginning of the year he's methodically piecing together an impressive foundation for CCWS to build on, certainly something that has legs. The missing pieces are of course, more sponsorship involvement in the form of $$ to the teams and a paying TV package. Get those 2 on board and the chance of taking another chance at RA, M/O or a Laguna become realistic.

pchall
08-16-05, 08:31 PM
Since the beginning of the year he's methodically piecing together an impressive foundation for CCWS to build on, certainly something that has legs.

Katherine has a twin sister?

2006 two car PKV Atlantics team with Wrigley's Doublemint sponsorship!

rjohnson999
08-16-05, 10:08 PM
I know a lot of autocrosser who don't know anything about motorsports beyond the next Chicago Box in front of them.

Well, I know alot of autocrossers who think Steve Johnson didn't care about them, so maybe it'll mean San Jose will go. ;)

Sean O'Gorman
08-16-05, 11:05 PM
I know a lot of autocrosser who don't know anything about motorsports beyond the next Chicago Box in front of them.

Yeah, I've noticed that too.

Mike Lawler
08-17-05, 09:03 AM
[QUOTE=Sean O'Gorman]Well, I know alot of autocrossers who think Steve Johnson didn't care about them, so maybe it'll mean San Jose will go. ;)

Most SCCA "cone killer" regional weekends do not require SCCA membership. Pay your entry, sign the release and go.
If I where in Steve's shoes, I could care less what those folks think. My goal is to take care of my membership, those that sign my paycheck.

Napoleon
09-15-05, 07:09 PM
:thumbup: