PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull

nrc
08-16-05, 10:55 AM
In the audio round table this weekend they revived the rumor that Red Bull will move to Champ car next year. Evidently one of the movers and shakers in the Red Bull sponsorship was in Denver. Just stopping in to make sure AJ's helmet sticker is on straight, perhaps? ;)

G.
08-16-05, 10:57 AM
With 'Dinger's post-race pimping of the drink, I bet you can stick a fork in it. It's a done deal :thumbup: .

Winston Wolfe
08-16-05, 10:58 AM
Red Bull would be a sweet sponsor for the CCWS. They bring lots of event marketing and plenty of free samples for events where I have seen them.

Anyone see Robby Gordon's Busch race this weekend, where he had FULL sponsor painting and helmet for RB ?

North America has to be HUGE for them ! Bring 'em on !

KLang
08-16-05, 11:02 AM
With 'Dinger's post-race pimping of the drink, I bet you can stick a fork in it. It's a done deal :thumbup: .

While his results haven't been great so far, AJ always comes through on pimping for the sponsors. I'm sure that get's noticed. :thumbup:

nrc
08-16-05, 11:07 AM
While his results haven't been great so far, AJ always comes through on pimping for the sponsors. I'm sure that get's noticed. :thumbup:

Still plenty of time for "great". :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
08-16-05, 11:49 AM
I've never understood why Red Bull hasn't been in Champ Car yet. They are involved in every other form of racing as a primary sponsor, it seems like this is all that was left.

Anyway, I think it is great, I drink the stuff all the time, it is a great sponsor to support. :thumbup: If they come to Champ Car we fan forgive them for Cheever.

SteveH
08-17-05, 12:20 AM
The biggest hospitality area at Long Beach was Red Bull's, biggest by far. :thumbup:

CART T. Katz
08-17-05, 12:49 AM
I've never understood why Red Bull hasn't been in Champ Car yet. They are involved in every other form of racing as a primary sponsor, it seems like this is all that was left.

maybe anton's exclusivity rules may have something to do with it

Easy
08-17-05, 09:46 AM
maybe anton's exclusivity rules may have something to do with it

There is no way Mateschitz would be told what he can and can't do by Tony George.

Apparently Helmut Marko was one of the Red Bull people in Denver. He is a former F1 and sports car driver who is Dieter Mateschitz's lead guy on motorsports issues.

KLang
08-17-05, 11:25 AM
From Kirby's Inside Track (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=9558)

One indication of Champ Car's gathering strength was the presence in Denver of Dr Helmut Marko, godfather of Red Bull's racing programs around the world. Former F1 driver Marko oversees the European race team aspects of Danny Sullivan's Red Bull F1 driver search program and is a key consultant to Red Bull in determining their racing sponsorships. I talked to Dr Marko in Denver after he completed a meeting with Kevin Kalkhoven and Dick Eidswick.

"The Champ Car World Series is a great series," Dr Marko asserted. "There's a lot of excitement around the series. The crowds are looking good and the atmosphere around the series is really exciting. We like the atmosphere and the direction the series is heading. It's a much more exciting and attractive environment for us than some other racing series, including Formula 1. The ambience around the series and the way the fans are treated and embraced is what we like to see. You can be sure you will see us doing some very good things in this series."

Don't think they're too worried about what FTG thinks.

devilmaster
08-17-05, 11:28 AM
I'm not holding my breath..... but if they come, without Cheever i'll be happy.

Well, cheever could come for one week, and be heckled by the fans - then i'll laugh.

TKGAngel
08-17-05, 12:16 PM
Well, cheever could come for one week, and be heckled by the fans - then i'll laugh.

That could be a special fundraiser for the Hole in the Wall Camps. Pay a buck, heckle Cheever for a minute (or maybe using a dunk tank would be better). Think of how much money could be raised for a good cause!